U19 Under 19 Premier Division

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
news of star forward jack coleman to make his season debut for the sharks this week after troubling injuries kept him out for the better part of his junior career. has worked hard to get back into josh bourkes star studded team and would be a great asset for the sharks.

any results from today?

heard the battle of the blue and gold went to de la.
Maybe lets not write these lads off yet. who played well for them?
Heard L O'Connel took a monster grab and was the diffrence?

Disappointing result for Rupo yesterday. These are the must win games. Looked a little flat. Backline under a lot of pressure as the opposition proved better at stoppages and the contested footy. Backline's effort probably halved the margin. Stupid free kicks still a problem. Why hold a player's jumper in one hand and punch with the other? Why push a player over when the ball's dead and give away a free kick? Learn from your mistakes. Don't repeat them. Plenty of talent of the paddock so hopefully a better performance this week and a win. The ground is in great condition so use your speed and play more in the centre corridor. Footy games are not won from the car park.

gunna be to the point here.....facts!

-scotch team to beat...dont care what you say...spesh after this week
-xavier...very solid...rely heavily on ff noonan when he plays, 3 leese, and 14 ulbrick i think

- bedes taken a step back this yr 18s comp hurtin em
- ditto with de la

- beauy yeh u guys nb.....dunno if u guys plan on being there round sept...but time will tell

-rest very equal...ure uni teams rupo etc etc...expect occaisonaly upset....one may stand up as a finals chance???

-cellar dwellars the eags and t boys...depsite this i expect marcellin to rangle a scalp or 2 during the year....agree disagree???

thoughts?

Yours with love
MisterX

Some interesting results from the weekend.
Scotch smashing bedes is a huge result and really shows that Scotch are gonna be right up there, and are the ones to catch at the moment.
Xavier having another win which consolidates there spot at the top, although Marcellin are pretty ordinary from all reports.
De La getting up over beaumauris, beauy played a real good first half and ran the footy real well, some inaccurate kicking from de la gave them a 15 point lead at the half. De La turned it on 10 minutes into the 3rd kicking 5 straight goals to be in front at 3/4 time.
The full forward from De La took on of the better grabs you will see at this level, and pretty much turned the game on its head.

Looks like there will be 5 teams playing it out for the 4 spots.

Crunch game for beaumauris against the in form Xavier, These are the games the sharks must win if they wanna be a serious final contender.
Also a Massive Game for de la this week against Scotch who are the testing material at this point, can the blue and gold boys silence the critics?

Tips for the week:

Uni Blacks vs Marcellin: 20 Points
Trinity vs St bedes: 65 Points
Rupertswood vs Uni Blues: 32 Points
Xavs vs Beaumauris: 21 Points
De La vs Scotch: 19 Points

Ron's Tips:

Blacks V Marcellin: blacks by 30 points
Trinity V St Bedes: bedes by 18 points
Rupertswood V Uni Blues: rupy by 5 points
Xavs V Beauey: Xavs by 38 points
De La V Scotch: scotch by 13 points

Who were the other key outs and why were they missing? Did they play seniors?

They had 5 players that played seniors across both 1st and 2nds, who are eligable to play 19's... the others which is about 4 were just injured.

Scotch have 5 players up in senior ranks? Nice for them to have that sort of strength.
Seems to me that a coupe of upsets occured on the weekend.
De La beating Beaumaris? what happened there? who won it for De La? Thought Beauy were flying, and particularly down on the BIG ground at Beauy
Blacks beating Rupo out at Sunbury? was not expected by most but I saw some of Blacks against Scotch and thought Blacks were pretty good myself.
and Scotch Belting St Bedes? WOW!!!!!!!!!! 80 points. Massive result. How will the Bedes boys react to that? I dont reckon they have been beaten by that much in 4 years

Any thoughts?

Thoughts are

Blacks will be stronger than people think
St.Bedes are finished
De la shouldnt be written off yet
Beaumauris are a good running but play a style that is hard top maintain for 4 terms.
Xavier are only heading downwards.

Thoughts are

St.Bedes are finished
Beaumauris are a good running but play a style that is hard top maintain for 4 terms.

Spot on BB. De La could have easily beaten Xavier, I mean take out Noonan and Lachal, mainly Lachal, set the umps straight and they aren't looking too bad at all. Still pretty early to be writing teams off.

Thoughts are

St.Bedes are finished

interesting post Bellboy...
I dont agree on a couple of counts...

firstly i dont think blacks will be that good... whilst they do have good structure (in relation to talls and smalls) they lack a bit of class and they dont seem to have much depth...however uni teams take a while to get going as some players play without even meeting there team mates..

St bedes are not finished we're 3 rounds in for F..K sake... maybe just had a bad day on sat (everyteam has one) havnt had a bad day for a while so they were probs due..

xavs i think are the real deal... they wont move from the top for all year!

i do agree with

De la should not be written off... first up loss to xavs may just have been rusty good test to see where they are aginst scotch..

havnt seen beauy but list is huge!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah probably fair point in St Bedes and Xavier calls kickit.
Is very early to be making such big calls i can admit.
As for Beauy i think they will be there and abouts... but may struggle to topple the likes of Xavier Scotch Bedes and De L, especially come crunch times and finals if they get there.

Thoughts are

St.Bedes are finished

Blacks NO
Bedes will bounce back
De La will come good
Beaumauris is where fevola lives
Xavier are shot, run their race way to early
Scotch PREMIERS just to strong with players like Strange, Long and Hays the list goes on

TDK I think your right on the money.

Scotch looking the goods, will be interesting in 2 weeks time when Scotch host Xavier at Scotch, has all the ingredients for a big Scotch win

BRICK OUT

Blacks NO
Bedes will bounce back
De La will come good
Beaumauris is where fevola lives
Xavier are shot, run their race way to early
Scotch PREMIERS just to strong with players like Strange, Long and Hays the list goes on

Bout time someone agreed with me. Just wait til those guys are brought back to earth...will be so f*ckin sweet bro.

De La 4 premierz!!!

haha These Xavs boys trying to put pressure on Scotch saying that there the best is embarressing and i dont think any scotch boys read this site...you boys have already talked yourselves up to be the benchmark after round 1 so stop saying your crap! lol

Moving on! Huge Round of Footy Like Massive for all clubs!!!

Uni Blacks (12 Points) vs Marcellin
Big game!!! if Marcellin loose there in big trouble at 0-4 really of the pace and will struggle to get back. Uni Blacks cant afford to loose either will go 1-3 and back with the bottom 5... if win will be 2-2 and right in the mix

Trinity vs St Bedes (75 points)
The only real non competitve game... i think Bedes will bounce back and punish Trinity... Trinity however can take some hope that they kept with Scotch for 3 quarters and knowing that Scotch beat bedes comfortably... but i dont think will make a difference.

Rupertswood vs Uni Blues (25 points)
Another massive game winner moves to 2-2 and is right in the mix whilst loser slums to 1-3 and has a long road to get back intouch with top 4. I rate blues think they will win dont know if rupo have the confidence in themselves to put away a game.

Old Xavs vs Beauy (8 points)
Arguably the match of the round, a must win for Beauy if they want to be regarded as a threat, and I think...they might winn (???) and join xavs at 3-1… the big ground will suit them. Xavs thinking ahead too much, coaching staff needs to keep their charges in check. Again wouldn’t surprise if xavs completely role them!

De La vs Old Scotch (13 points)
Will show how both teams are seriously traveling! De La have bounced back from the xavs game in sortof convincing style... i suppose they've got the 4 points in both games so thats all that matters. Sctoch cant take the game lightly if so they will be beaten... need to win to keep themselves out off the pack fighting for top 4 possies...and de la need to win to stay intouch!! will be a great match with Scotch just.

At the end of the round we could have 5 teams on 3-1 and 2 teams on 2-2... anyones game!!!

haha These Xavs boys trying to put pressure on Scotch saying that there the best is embarressing and i dont think any scotch boys read this site...you boys have already talked yourselves up to be the benchmark after round 1 so stop saying your crap! lol

when did anyone talk Xavier up, I stand by my assumption that they are no good and by the end of the year everyone will be saying what happened to them to drop away so quickly

TDK OUT

PEACE

Moving on! Huge Round of Footy Like Massive for all clubs!!!

Uni Blacks (12 Points) vs Marcellin
Big game!!! if Marcellin loose there in big trouble at 0-4 really of the pace and will struggle to get back. Uni Blacks cant afford to loose either will go 1-3 and back with the bottom 5... if win will be 2-2 and right in the mix

Trinity vs St Bedes (75 points)
The only real non competitve game... i think Bedes will bounce back and punish Trinity... Trinity however can take some hope that they kept with Scotch for 3 quarters and knowing that Scotch beat bedes comfortably... but i dont think will make a difference.

Rupertswood vs Uni Blues (25 points)
Another massive game winner moves to 2-2 and is right in the mix whilst loser slums to 1-3 and has a long road to get back intouch with top 4. I rate blues think they will win dont know if rupo have the confidence in themselves to put away a game.

Old Xavs vs Beauy (8 points)
Arguably the match of the round, a must win for Beauy if they want to be regarded as a threat, and I think...they might winn (???) and join xavs at 3-1… the big ground will suit them. Xavs thinking ahead too much, coaching staff needs to keep their charges in check. Again wouldn’t surprise if xavs completely role them!

De La vs Old Scotch (13 points)
Will show how both teams are seriously traveling! De La have bounced back from the xavs game in sortof convincing style... i suppose they've got the 4 points in both games so thats all that matters. Sctoch cant take the game lightly if so they will be beaten... need to win to keep themselves out off the pack fighting for top 4 possies...and de la need to win to stay intouch!! will be a great match with Scotch just.

At the end of the round we could have 5 teams on 3-1 and 2 teams on 2-2... anyones game!!!

I thought every1 was sayn they were shit from tha start? I'd like some quotes to support your argument here.

Good pick, Xavs will go down this weekend. Will be good to see these Private School w***ers get put in they place.

UNI BLACKS 20.17-137
def.
MARCELLIN 14.8-92

OLD XAVERIANS 9.7-61
def.
BEAUMARIS 5.5-35

OLD TRINITY 11.10-76
def. by
ST BEDES/MENTONE TIGERS 13.9-87

RUPERTSWOOD 17.12-114
def.
UNI BLUES 11.17-83

DE LA SALLE 19.13-127
def.
OLD SCOTCH 11.9-75

almost a massive upset with trinity and st bedes, also what happened to scotch.

I think this round really shows where a lot of teams are at.
Bedes are struggling.
De la are back into some serious form, destroying scotch yesterday.
Xavier are the real deal
Beauy will need to win some big games later in the year against the other top 2-3 teams. They look to be half a step behind at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back