Underrated things in life

Remove this Banner Ad

Sure do. And that one is the first thing ordered every single time :cool:
****ing epic. That place taught me how to use chopsticks. Mind you, the only thing I can eat with chop sticks are dumplings lol.

Oh man, I gotta get them again this week, will definitely be pestering my friend!

******* epic. That place taught me how to use chopsticks. Mind you, the only thing I can eat with chop sticks are dumplings lol.

Oh man, I gotta get them again this week, will definitely be pestering my friend!

I still always ask for a fork...actually usually have to ask a couple of times, and hope it arrives before the dumplings do!

I still always ask for a fork...actually usually have to ask a couple of times, and hope it arrives before the dumplings do!
You know how they give you hot water, I asked the bloke for some water and he snapped at me 'THERE IS WATER THERE.'

I was like, **** off you c*nt.... in my head.

Turning your phone off/ avoiding facebook for a day and not giving a **** about what is happening to person x or what person y is having for lunch while you veg out in front of the tv alone with your thoughts.

The moment when you first get in your car after a long day/night at work knowing that you're free.

Turning your phone off/ avoiding facebook for a day and not giving a **** about what is happening to person x or what person y is having for lunch while you veg out in front of the tv alone with your thoughts.

The moment when you first get in your car after a long day/night at work knowing that you're free.

Try deleting Facebook off your phone. It works.

You know how they give you hot water, I asked the bloke for some water and he snapped at me 'THERE IS WATER THERE.'

I was like, **** off you c*nt.... in my head.

Yeh, you definitely don't go there for the service! Still worth it though..

I don't mind Facebook as a way of keeping in touch with people. I just like having one day every now and again without my phone or a computer at all.

I dl'd Facebook Messenger for IM and deleted the Facebook app.

Thank you so much for that. I found it fascinating. Given the diversity of cuisines available in Australia it is somewhat of surprise that there is no Russian Restaurant, that I know of. I suppose this is attributable to the scant number of Russian migrants who have come here. As you say, Russian food would go down a treat here. Everything on that restaurant's menu was fabulous. Thanks to your prompting, I've just remembered its name - The Berioska (sp?).

Just one thing though, these dumplings didn't have a filling, as such. They more or less floated in the sea of strawberry heaven. Is this a common use of them? Oh, and the other thing about them was that they needed no accompaniment with them. No cream or ice cream. To add anything would have been a sacrilege.

Beryozka means "Birch Tree", which is the national tree Russia.

Tbh, it's pretty weird that they didn't have a filling. Normally, they'd have a berry filling if they're sweet. Still sounds good though.

Russian food is pretty specific I reckon (meat jellies, herring w mayo...). One thing which is massively underrated though is Borsch. So sweet and delicious. I think people can't get their head around "beetroot soup". Maybe it sounds kind of off-putting.

Though Aussie do have beetroot on their burgers. I told an old Russian lady about our cans of pickled beetroot, she got pretty exited (how can they not have this in Russia? The land of the pickled vegetable!). So I brought a can for her back from Australia and gave her the recipe to make it herself.

She tried it and reckons it's sh!t though. Ah well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For those of you who love dumplings, it's worth a trip to the night market on donganmen st in Beijing. There's maybe a km of little food stalls along the side of the road that sell all manner of weird and wonderful things (deep fried tarantula is underrated). As you walk past you have good smells, then some truly horrific smells and then you smell the dumplings. They smell like something from heaven and the taste doesn't disappoint either.

64071159.jpg
Don't get me wrong, I like a good Dumpling but Beijing is a bit far....

Don't get me wrong, I like a good Dumpling but Beijing is a bit far....
Fly up on Friday night, have some dumpling on Saturday, sink piss at one of the many bars surrounding the lake at Houhai on Saturday night in about 28degC. Breakfast dumplings, fly home.

Sounds like a good weekend to me (although SG, for people our height you'll probably realllllllllllly want business class).

- Making and holding eye contact with a hot girl at a bar/pub who smiles/walks over

This is something I noticed while walking around Uni today. Even if you don't approach a girl, E.g. Running to class, don't want to be involved in another awkward flirting story, and you make that eye contact and they smile... Dat confidence.

This is something I noticed while walking around Uni today. Even if you don't approach a girl, E.g. Running to class, don't want to be involved in another awkward flirting story, and you make that eye contact and they smile... Dat confidence.

Haha yes it's a great feeling. One of the best things about going out each weekend. I'm glad my post has resonated with you Jimmy

Remove this Banner Ad

Underrated things in life

Remove this Banner Ad

Back