Underrated things in life

Remove this Banner Ad

The destination wedding is all a bit of a pissing contest to me. “Oh we got married in Queensland, well we got married in Fiji”. Waiting for someone to do a mic drop and have their ceremony on the Moon. 💪🏼
I've got someone at work complaining/bragging (take your pick) about a Maldives wedding she's attending this year. But when she got married her husband's bucks trip was in Las Vegas so I'm going with the humble brag angle.

Completely selfish, unless you are ok with guests not attending.

My kind of thing would be sort of in reverse. Go away somewhere with a beach have a holiday/honeymoon, get married alone, and not tell anyone. Return and have a cocktail party, announce to everyone we got married. Done and done.
In hindsight i wish id eloped. Our wedding was pretty inexpensive but that money into a 6-8 week o-seas holiday would have been amazing

In hindsight i wish id eloped. Our wedding was pretty inexpensive but that money into a 6-8 week o-seas holiday would have been amazing

Amen!

I think our wedding all up was around was $30k and would I do it again? No!

But I reckon a vast majority of married people would say that in hindsight they would opt out of the wedding

Yes. And my wife didn’t suspect a thing, which is a testament to how resigned she was to the fact I wasn’t going to propose :tearsofjoy: To be fair, I had passed up Niagara Falls and Paris.
That's awesome.

Niagra Falls is totally overrated and Paris is almost cliche. You did good.

*I loved my gondola ride in Venice, even tho I was sick as a dog at the time. Had an amazing + funny guide.

People I know got married in Hawaii. Lots of people flew across for it. A couple of days later the bride and groom flew back on separate flights and got divorced shortly after. Apparently the bride had sex with some random the day after their wedding.

People I know got married in Hawaii. Lots of people flew across for it. A couple of days later the bride and groom flew back on separate flights and got divorced shortly after. Apparently the bride had sex with some random the day after their wedding.
Sounds like a comedy movie plot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I do love your posts Rask

Never know what i am going to read

Pretty much did this. Every time we spoke about getting married my Greek father in law would get a glint in his eye and tell us they'd arrange everything. Hell no. Went on a two month European tour and got married on Santorini.

Yes. And my wife didn’t suspect a thing, which is a testament to how resigned she was to the fact I wasn’t going to propose :tearsofjoy: To be fair, I had passed up Niagara Falls and Paris.
I printed out "Will you marry me?", hid it under the hood of a BBQ that I was trying (and failing) to assemble and managed to convince her to come outside and open the hood on some pretext of trying to figure out where I was going wrong.

At the time, I thought it was pretty comically telegraphed (though I was still quite proud of the idea), but she never saw it coming. One of my finest moments.

Im here for it, rarely have a mintie and whenever i do im pleasantly surprised.
Clearly they're divisive ^^

But I guess I grew up on them, my nana always was giving us kids Minties out of her handbag.

And if we're gonna get into it... lifesavers are ok. Fisherman's friends- hard no. Tic Tacs have an awful peppermint flavour. Mentos are disgusting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Underrated things in life

Remove this Banner Ad

Back