Unhumble Port Supporters.

Remove this Banner Ad

This was my first post in this thread.
And you have to expect it, there are actually some people out there that are so thick, that they are doing more than just trying to annoy us.

Haha, biggest chokers?
Have you been sleeping for whole life, and wake up only to read a melbourne newspaper in 2003? Fact is:

We won the damn cup, so STFU.

theGimp said:
So you are saying that the SANFL grand final was harder to win than the VFL one ?

I just want to make sure thats where you are going before I destroy you.

That would be a given surely? with more teams in the comp?

I think the VFL has had more truly non-competitive teams over its existence than the SANFL, so that would also be a factor.

jakey said:
Second, we won our premierships prior to 2004 in a suburban state-based comp - the highest league in which we could participate, just as Essendon did and every other traditional, suburban roots club in the present AFL. Port supporters are not about to forget their clubs history, just as Essendon supporters no doubt will not forget theirs. If you can't comprehend that, then sweet jesus, i'd hate to see your IQ score.

I'm happy to forego my clubs history, my IQ is somewhere between 125 & 140.

Thankyou.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

theGimp said:
If this was the case then why did players move from a stronger league to play top flight football in a weaker one ?

Could you name one of those years for me ?
Would it help if I gave you a quick list of some VFL players who left to go and play interstate?

VFL to SANFL
Len Fitzgerald - Collingwood to Sturt and Glenelg
Gary Hardeman - Melbourne to Sturt
Mike Patterson - Richmond to North Adelaide
Tim Evans - Geelong to Port Adelaide (Originally from Penguin)
John Birt - Essendon to West Torrens
Garry Tredrea - Collingwood to Port
Neil Balme - Richmond to Norwood (Originally from Subiaco)
Bob Keddie - Hawthorn to West Adelaide to South Adelaide
Bill Barrott - Richmond to West Torrnes
Bob Kingston - South Melbourne to Port Adelaide
Noel Teasdale - North Melbourne to Woodville
Ross Dillon - Melbourne to Norwood
Murray Weidemann - Collingwood to West Adelaide
David Darcy - Footscray to South Adelaide
David McKay - Carlton to West Torrens
Stephen “Bomber” Clifford - Collingwood to Port Adelaide
Max Kruse - Swans to Glenelg
Geoff Blethyn - Essendon to Port
Barry Goodingham - North Melbourne to Woodville
Robert Muir - St Kilda to Woodville
Johnn Cassin - Essendon to West Torrens
Michael Wright - South Melbourne to Central Districts
Geoff Sarau - St Kilda to West Torrens
Bob Shearman - Essendon to West Torrens and Sturt

VFL to WAFL
Haydn Bunton Snr. - Fitzroy to Subiaco
Simon Eastough - Richmond to Norwood to Essendon to Fremantle
Les Hardiman - Geelong to Subiaco
Keith Shea - Carlton to Subiaco

mocaholic said:
More like Fisherman of the Week. Look at the way you Port Supporters carried on with what was the most obvious bit of fishing I've seen for a long while.

C'mon, wake up. Other than a couple we can all tell a troll when we see one. So who's having fun at who's expense??

Porthos said:
Nonono, its arrogant in victory, humble in defeat.

I AM WITH YOU. The most humble supporters I have met were the Lions after 2004 GF, they were so effusive in their praise of PAFC I am still in shock, If the positions had been reversed I certaintly would not have been so gracious.

thesouthernend said:
I AM WITH YOU. The most humble supporters I have met were the Lions after 2004 GF, they were so effusive in their praise of PAFC I am still in shock, If the positions had been reversed I certaintly would not have been so gracious.
Can't argue with that. I got on a tram leaving the ground, it was packed with Lions fans. They were still singing their songs. Excellent stuff. :)

thesouthernend said:

You would think that some of you might have learned that being humble is a good thing. Maybe one or two have but 95% of the port supporters on BF are big mouths who probably got smacked around by their older sisters at school.

I wonder how many I will catch today ?

Just an embarassment Gimp.. you had a point at the start but it is laboured and in the end the only egotist left is you

Remove this Banner Ad

Unhumble Port Supporters.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back