Unpopular AFL Opinions

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought a lot of AFL clubs at the moment only allow their players to pick numbers up to 50, with numbers higher than than being allocated to their VFL players.
Betcha if naicos or dangerfield wanted to wear 69 that rule would be changed.

Laura Kane is doing a pretty good job ….. she’s had a very clear message and been transparent throughout the year and deserves some praise for that

I hate the stand rule. It’s a blight on the game. Looks ugly and give the man on the mark no chance to be involved. Returning to the automatic play on once moving off the line is effective and makes the player with the ball responsible for their kick not just a free waltz away!

Last edited:
I think it’s been a pretty good year of footy. Better than previous seasons for sometime. Seems scores have improved with many weeks of majority games the winners hitting 100, heck even games where both sides are. There’s been countless close games decided by a kick and down to the wire and then a nice handful of draws to keep the excitement.

We whinge about the stand rule and 6,6,6 however I think we are seeing they are working.

Doesn’t seem a popular thought given there’s a whole thread towards how terrible the year is however every year we will complain about umpires, rules, MRO findings, fixture etc.

In terms of footy, I think it’s been a decent year so far.

IMG_0624.gif

We whinge about the stand rule and 6,6,6 however I think we are seeing they are working.
I'm OK with the 6,6,6, and would actually like to see the 5,5,5, 15 aside implemented. One of the excellent reasons for the adoption of playing 5,5,5, 15 aside teams is that the Stand rule, which I despise, would not be needed in the more open 15 aside game. Win/Win!!

I don't like the stand rule at all, but I think 6,6,6 has been a rare success.

I think it’s been a pretty good year of footy. Better than previous seasons for sometime. Seems scores have improved with many weeks of majority games the winners hitting 100, heck even games where both sides are. There’s been countless close games decided by a kick and down to the wire and then a nice handful of draws to keep the excitement.

Doesn’t seem a popular thought given there’s a whole thread towards how terrible the year is however every year we will complain about umpires, rules, MRO findings, fixture etc.

In terms of footy, I think it’s been a decent year so far.

View attachment 2043096

Hard agree on this one, coming into round 17, it was the first time in the history of the league that the team in 13th place had a positive win/loss record. So the standard of the "diluted talent pool" can't be that bad.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back