FTA-TV Upcoming TV shows

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watched the first episode today. Liked it much more than I thought I would. Probably work my way through the season over the next week.

Yeah I was the same. Must admit I was a bit sucked in by Mulgrew. I love my Trek stars even if Janeway was one of the more average ones.

Compelling story line, I think I might have squirted some tears at some point.

Has gotten even better as I've watched on. Best new show of the year for me.

Once I started I couldn't stop. Watched it all in 3 days.

Most of the acting is top notch. I was a big fan of Weeds so I thought I'd give it a go.

Jenji Kohan delivers :thumbsu:

Anyone looked at 'Rectify'?

Shit title - confronting, strong story, strong characters (not all are likable).

Not comfortable viewing at all, but it has the makings of a brilliant series IMO (for what it's worth) - it's not what I expected after reading about it, that's for sure.

Anyone looked at 'Rectify'?

Shit title - confronting, strong story, strong characters (not all are likable).

Not comfortable viewing at all, but it has the makings of a brilliant series IMO (for what it's worth) - it's not what I expected after reading about it, that's for sure.

I liked it the final episode was a real kick in the guts ;) Can understand why people would find it a bit slow but I stuck with it and it was compelling.

I liked it the final episode was a real kick in the guts ;) Can understand why people would find it a bit slow but I stuck with it and it was compelling.

Yeah, I liked the pace it was at - just right for the story I'd think.

It's about a story, which I really enjoyed, not eye catching humor/effects/actions.

The Blacklist

Starring James Spader. Has a very Hannibal/ Silence of the Lambs feel to it. Will definitely be checking it out judging by the trailer Spader alone will make it worth while.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

First episode of Low Winter Sun is online. A big Mark Strong fan so I'll definitely check this out.

I'm in for the ride. Was a good first episode, a few good actors involved which will makes it very pleasurable :oops:

Anyone had a look at Siberia yet?

Siberia has been getting pretty good. Was ready to drop it after the first couple but stuck with it and now it's starting to get interesting as it goes weird and you start to learn what's really going on. More interested in how they complete the story rather than caring about the actors.
It's opening up into a pretty good mystery. The first couple episodes of it being like a 'reality survival show' have been replaced with a more X-files story line.

Siberia has been getting pretty good. Was ready to drop it after the first couple but stuck with it and now it's starting to get interesting as it goes weird and you start to learn what's really going on. More interested in how they complete the story rather than caring about the actors.
It's opening up into a pretty good mystery. The first couple episodes of it being like a 'reality survival show' have been replaced with a more X-files story line.

It is a bit up and down imo, last episode was very exciting though. It will be very interesting to see where they go from here.

Blown away by this.

8 episodes. HBO. McConaughey, whose last couple of years have made him one of the best actors going around. Woody Harrelson whose pretty much good in everything he does. Directed by Cary Fukunaga who did Jane Eyre and Sin Nombre.

I'm totally there.

Really only a mini-series, and future seasons will tell a different story with different characters. If this turns out great, who knows what actors might want to do something similar. Miniseries` are the best way to showcase a story, and I've never seen one I didn't love. Fingers crossed they nail this out of the park.

Blown away by this.

8 episodes. HBO. McConaughey, whose last couple of years have made him one of the best actors going around. Woody Harrelson whose pretty much good in everything he does. Directed by Cary Fukunaga who did Jane Eyre and Sin Nombre.

I'm totally there.

Really only a mini-series, and future seasons will tell a different story with different characters. If this turns out great, who knows what actors might want to do something similar. Miniseries` are the best way to showcase a story, and I've never seen one I didn't love. Fingers crossed they nail this out of the park.

Thanks for pointing this out for me. Like the director a lot and you're right about McConaughey. He seems to be doing a bit of a Brad Pitt in lifting his acting credibility to new heights.

Blown away by this.

I'm totally there.

Will check it out. Many thanks.

ABC is usually pretty good with original programming, but this sounds a little familiar...

I think I can hear Seinfield's lawyer writing a letter as we speak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back