FTA-TV Upcoming TV shows

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ray Donovan has gotten progressively worse since it started. It is awful.

Surprised to hear, I thought the latest episode (11) was up there with the very best episodes of any television show I've seen. What don't you like about?

I agree with RB&B, for me Ray Donovan has improved as it's gone on. I probably don't rate the last ep as highly as he does, but for me it's one of the better new shows out there (having said that I can't think of any other weekly shows that I've watched recently that are new, might have to flick back through this thread).

For a pilot episode - that was a pretty good way to start the series.

Looking forward to more.

Yeah the first few eps of a series are always a bit slow as they have to introduce settings/plot/characters. People judge too quickly some times. The amount of people I had told to watch Breaking Bad and the Wire and even Game of Thrones, they were complaining that it was bad. Then they absolutely loved it.

I hate people haha.

I was like that with The Wire, took me about 6 attempts to watch the first season then I was hooked and strangely enough; season one turned out to be my favourite.

Yeah I can totally understand that some can be hard to get through initially. I persevered with Under the Dome, yet I had a feeling it would be a let down, but I had to give it a chance. That's an example of a bad show though but I gave it a season before I have decided it's not worth pursuing the next although I suffer from having to know what happened haha.

Nice to see Andre Braugher trying something different. He's had a shocking run since Homicide:LOTS.

Agreed. Done some good work here and there since then, but he really should be headlining programs not appearing in small film roles or briefly on network shows. Sick of seeing him in lawyer/military type roles all the time.

Nice to see Andre Braugher trying something different. He's had a shocking run since Homicide:LOTS.

He was nominated for an Emmy for Men of a Certain Age, but while he critics (and I) loved it it only lasted two season. Last Resort was a nice lead role but it failed terribly

He was nominated for an Emmy for Men of a Certain Age, but while he critics (and I) loved it it only lasted two season. Last Resort was a nice lead role but it failed terribly

Men of a Certain Age was awesome, so sad that didn't get a longer run.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With The Blacklist premiering on Monday in the US (so Tues here) I thought I'd revisit the trailer. I think the most obvious outcome is that the main female FBI agent is James Spaders character's daughter or relative of some kind.

He's good in Law & Order SVU.He's popped up every so often over the last 3 seasons and he was good in Hack.

He's pretty good in everything, he just seems to pick doomed projects when he gets the chance to be the member of a main cast.

Maybe playing the straight man in a network comedy will revive his career. Not that Fox has a great record for sticking with shows.

He's pretty good in everything, he just seems to pick doomed projects when he gets the chance to be the member of a main cast.

Maybe playing the straight man in a network comedy will revive his career. Not that Fox has a great record for sticking with shows.

Um.....straight man ? ;)

With The Blacklist premiering on Monday in the US (so Tues here) I thought I'd revisit the trailer. I think the most obvious outcome is that the main female FBI agent is James Spaders character's daughter or relative of some kind.

pretty keen for the blacklist actually, looks interesting

well Hostages was really networky :(

Out of the two new shows that aired today I reckon The Blacklist was pretty good and definitely has potential.

Didn't like Hostages. Feels like one of those shows that will tease the heck out of viewers. Won't have the patience for it.

Spader impersonating Lithgow reenacting Hannibal Lector was fun enough

I cringed when I read that that because I actually thought, "isn't this rather Hannibalish", during the show. It still intrigued me enough that i'll be back next week.

What's your take on why he chose her?

I cringed when I read that that because I actually thought, "isn't this rather Hannibalish", during the show. It still intrigued me enough that i'll be back next week.

What's your take on why he chose her?

yeah there were a few holes, but happy to let it go for a while

i pray he's not related to her be it father or uncle or whatever, but im not really sure what else would have any weight

she worries me as an actress and as a character, nice twist at the end there tho

yeah there were a few holes, but happy to let it go for a while

i pray he's not related to her be it father or uncle or whatever, but im not really sure what else would have any weight

she worries me as an actress and as a character, nice twist at the end there tho

I wish they had cast Anna Torv as the lead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back