News UPDATE: SANFL rescind approval for AFC using state style jumper

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
WTF, so we are potentially allowed to wear an old state jumper of the 80s, but not the current one. I am so ANGRY. AFC, do something please that shows some strength. Run out with the state jumper against Port. We'll pay the fine. This is a farce.

Last ten or so articles on the Advertiser site for each club -

Power in drive for member record
White lured by Hinkley's promise
Hinkley: Power's in 'a good spot'
Power prepares to go the distance
Wingard dismisses tough fixture talk
Wise words for Hinkley on pressure
Koch: Dump Swans' cap bonus
Walsh welcomes his 'second chance'

Crows sent back to drawing board
Whicker: I made the 'wrong call'
Crows abandon 'Origin' guernsey
Jumper war divides Adelaide
Crows' cash grab under fire
Crows already chasing key targets
Crows target Frawley, Gibbs
Just 'warming seat' for VB, says Dangerfield
Sando: We took a step back in 2013
Rory happy to lose the rookie tag

Even before the jumper thing there has been a negative tone to the headlines we get. Yeah more coverage, and none of those Port articles have more than a couple of comments but how often do you see articles written like Port press releases, record membership? yep so are we, "Sando: We took a step back" meanwhile the Power are preparing to go the distance... everything Port is looking forward. I would think the appointment of Shuttleworth and boosting our media area has something to do with this. People were saying we were hiring people for spin and should be spending all of our money on football but there wont be as much money unless the message changes.

Heres an idea. Instead of letting Rucci stand front and centre and ask half a dozen questions to fit his story, speaking over all the other journalists who end up getting 2 or 3 questions between them. Several times in both jumper press conferences the other people started questions then Rucci spoke, everyone else shuts up and he finishes his question. Perhaps we would get some more balanced coverage if we introduced a "I've just answered one of your questions now I'm going to answer___________" , "does anybody else have a question?" Rucci clearly has an agenda and asks questions that will get him the quotes he needs, then these are all we see on every other coverage of the story.

*shakes head*

If not the one we proposed then none at all, that was one was most relevant as it was the one from when we entered the competition (plus that one in the Advertiser is pretty ugly). Next best thing is a remake of our original guernsey, but used at one of our home games, no point doing anything else to promote the round 1 game.

One subtle thread in Rucci's write-ups in the Advertiser is the repeated reference to the Crow's Victorian players. The inference is they are neither good enough nor in fact at all welcome to wear any sort of uniform that is remotely connected to SA. It is skilful journalism because it paints them as unworthy, as different, as interlopers and not welcome nor part of 'our' true blue SA football teams. I know its only Rucci but nonetheless there is a seed planted in the minds of our Vic recruits which can be taken by them as a general State viewpoint. It crossed my mind as to what Danger et al think of all this. Rucci cleverly refers Danger ultimately going back to Moggs Creek which is a subtle reference to go back to Victoria. Can you imagine the same thing being said about Boak? Clever stuff Rucci and part of the ambushing of the AFC that continues to gather strength in this State's media.

It was a humiliating disaster and gave the media a feeding frenzy. Port Adelaide Power are now formidable in the media and AFC are stumbling at most hurdles.
So what's the answer. Do nothing just in case we offend the biased port power media?

Take a look at some of the comments from fans that were quoted in last weeks papers. You would expect to see comments like that on here and other social media sites but to publish some of the inflammatory comments in our only paper was a disgrace.

Why are the Power allowed to wear what looks to be the state jumper put through photoshop with a negative filter?

Hypocrisy at its finest.

How stupid would you have to be to compare the two? Unless you've been living under a rock not to know how Port ended up with that guernsey, or you're so desperate to stick to an untenable position that you'd make shit up.

I doubt a seven year old kid with crayons was thinking "lulz, it's a state guernsey" when she came up with it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How stupid would you have to be to compare the two? Unless you've been living under a rock not to know how Port ended up with that guernsey, or you're so desperate to stick to an untenable position that you'd make shit up.

I doubt a seven year old kid with crayons was thinking "lulz, it's a state guernsey" when she came up with it.

How stupid would you be not to realise that Keith Thomas made reference to its design as a tribute to the state guernsey when it was launched? Get your facts straight. There was a reason why it was chosen.

Someone mentioned it earlier, but we would of made so many more headlines if we just did it without an announcement and the shock of it would of sold even more than they would of sold even without names.

Exactly. Bring it out any way.

F**k them, f**k all of them.

I would be bloody proud if we did. I didnt like how our team rolled over in under 24 hours after heat from the SANFL.

I was ashamed, at least fight it out for a week.

So Jumbo as a diehard Sturt supporter will you change Rick Davies back into his proper jumper or even his state jumper as it offends me to look at it in your jumper. Or is it just about annoying others or a bit of e-peen
I initially donned Jumbo with our great jumper as he was my hero growing up and obviously I support Port in the AFL but the unexpected bonus was how much it irks other people:)

Someone mentioned it earlier, but we would of made so many more headlines if we just did it without an announcement and the shock of it would of sold even more than they would of sold even without names.

I dont mind names being sold on the jumper, with the only prerequisite that only members names - the true supporters can be on the team jumper.

A Club is represented by all types of people - Coach, Players, Board, Members etc etc.

I initially donned Jumbo with our great jumper as he was my hero growing up and obviously I support Port in the AFL but the unexpected bonus was how much it irks other people:)

You must be one of the few that didnt support Port in the SANFL but followed them in the AFL.

What? No love for the AFC when it entered?

And the irony as he hates port more than you hate the crows.

You must be one of the few that didnt support Port in the SANFL but followed them in the AFL.

What? No love for the AFC when it entered?

Nup, for the reasons that most despised them I respected them.

I still think we can wear the same jumper but with the predominate red replaced by blue, and the blue in the V changed to red.

thoughts?

Nope, let it go and move on.

Lets just win the match. That will hit them hardest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back