News UPDATE: SANFL rescind approval for AFC using state style jumper

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, because we would look like a bunch of idiots if we do.

It's done, it's gone - let it go. Let's just win the game now and annoy them that way.

I know. I am just so angry at the moment. Looking at the back page of the paper today has made me more angry. I'm just hoping that the AFC shares some of that anger.

I just can't believe how anyone can support Port in the AFL after following say a Sturt, Norwood, Glenelg etc in the SANFL. Geez. I am a Norwood supporter in the SANFL and I wouldn't DREAM of supporting the Power. Oh well, each to their own. I guess you thought if you can't beat them, join them? I just can't understand how there can be true passion under those circumstances. But! I guess that's more evidence that it's not the same club and their history dates back to '97, not this 1870 rubbish.

I agree what staggers me is that the AFC was really a State Team feel, so how the hell could you not support it back in 91 it was a really an anti SA attitude you would have had if you didnt support them.

I will always hate the Power, they took a mate of mine who had been going with me to the Football every week since 91 to 96, Port enter in 97 and he stopped and started following the Power. Coincidentally our friendship waned.:(

My mate sadly passed away recently. I am glad though Port won in 04 only so that he got to be happy once.:(

Did Peter Motley comment?

Ebert has a conflict of interest, therefore his comments don't count.

Abd john Halbert was happy with the 1990's jumper but nit selling the right to add names.

Think most likely he was referring to Peter's father Geoff given he was from that era.

I still think we can wear the same jumper but with the predominate red replaced by blue, and the blue in the V changed to red.

thoughts?
Id go with the predominant red but switch the yellow and blue. = not the state jumper but a close resemblance. would someone shop it for the curiosity of how they would look…?? Id shop it but don't have any decent enough 'art/design' program. In before "why don't you download one?" - have tried, they are all shit and barely serve any purpose at all.

I agree what staggers me is that the AFC was really a State Team feel, so how the hell could you not support it back in 91 it was a really an anti SA attitude you would have had if you didnt support them.

I will always hate the Power, they took a mate of mine who had been going with me to the Football every week since 91 to 96, Port enter in 97 and he stopped and started following the Power. Coincidentally our friendship waned.:(

My mate sadly passed away recently. I am glad though Port won in 04 only so that he got to be happy once.:(

Sorry for your loss mate. People underestimate the impact that footy has on our lives. Throw in friendship and passion and it stirs all kinds of emotions.

Id go with the predominant red but switch the yellow and blue. = not the state jumper but a close resemblance. would someone shop it for the curiosity of how they would look…?? Id shop it but don't have any decent enough 'art/design' program. In before "why don't you download one?" - have tried, they are all shit and barely serve any purpose at all.

Same here I would be curious but also do one where the red and blue are interchangeable ie blue is the predominant colour.

I disagree. From memory, I really didn't get a state feel about it as quite a number of the star players didn't come home. Platten, Kernahan, Bradley, Anderson (until 93) didn't come home. D Jarman, wangerneen, Andrew McKay left for other clubs.

It was only a Victorian led media perception that they tried to push as an anti Adelaide agenda and started calling us a state side. But in reality, we only has 7 or 8 state players. Not even 40% of a side.

Last ten or so articles on the Advertiser site for each club -

Power in drive for member record
White lured by Hinkley's promise
Hinkley: Power's in 'a good spot'
Power prepares to go the distance
Wingard dismisses tough fixture talk
Wise
words for Hinkley on pressure
Koch: Dump Swans' cap bonus
Walsh welcomes his 'second chance'

Crows sent back to drawing board
Whicker: I made the 'wrong call'
Crows abandon 'Origin' guernsey
Jumper war divides Adelaide
Crows' cash grab under fire
Crows already chasing key targets
Crows target Frawley, Gibbs
Just 'warming seat' for VB, says Dangerfield
Sando: We took a step back in 2013
Rory happy to lose the rookie tag

Even before the jumper thing there has been a negative tone to the headlines we get. Yeah more coverage, and none of those Port articles have more than a couple of comments but how often do you see articles written like Port press releases, record membership? yep so are we, "Sando: We took a step back" meanwhile the Power are preparing to go the distance... everything Port is looking forward. I would think the appointment of Shuttleworth and boosting our media area has something to do with this. People were saying we were hiring people for spin and should be spending all of our money on football but there wont be as much money unless the message changes.

Heres an idea. Instead of letting Rucci stand front and centre and ask half a dozen questions to fit his story, speaking over all the other journalists who end up getting 2 or 3 questions between them. Several times in both jumper press conferences the other people started questions then Rucci spoke, everyone else shuts up and he finishes his question. Perhaps we would get some more balanced coverage if we introduced a "I've just answered one of your questions now I'm going to answer___________" , "does anybody else have a question?" Rucci clearly has an agenda and asks questions that will get him the quotes he needs, then these are all we see on every other coverage of the story.

Yep. You are so right re Rootchi. He imposed himself over Chapman in that presser. Just looking at your headlines above and the 'emotive' words in each. The Power has 8/8 positives vs Crows 2/10. Please can we control our exposure and destiny a little more!!!!!

To be honest all this jumper fuss has placed us on front page of sports all over the country.

Great marketing regardless that we dont wear the jumper. In fact if there wasnt any stink, we would have had no publicity lol, thanks Power.

It hasn't made the papers in NSW

Yep. You are so right re Rootchi. He imposed himself over Chapman in that presser. Just looking at your headlines above and the 'emotive' words in each. The Power has 8/8 positives vs Crows 2/10. Please can we control our exposure and destiny a little more!!!!!
OK, there is nothing the Crows can do, good or bad that won't come with a roochiesque negative slant.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know. I am just so angry at the moment. Looking at the back page of the paper today has made me more angry. I'm just hoping that the AFC shares some of that anger.

The only thing that'll change stories in the newspaper is winning games of football.

You can't deny it's been 20 months (Including tippett gate) from hell, so can hardly blame the advertiser for reporting negatively.

Returning to the finals and beating Port in round 2 will bring back the positivity :)

I say the AFC now puts to bed any desire to celebrate SA Footy. If the SANFL or AFL come knocking saying 'hey how about this?' we tell them to shut the door on the way out!

It's time to cut the umbilical cord!

Furthermore go all out to win the SANFL Premiership too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back