News UPDATE: SANFL rescind approval for AFC using state style jumper

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

WOW create a once off guernsey and get the members to pay to have their names on it... Thats an awesome money spinner why didnt PAFC think of that ?

oh wait...
WOW create a 40 years of dominance framed memorabilia piece for $2495 and ask people to pay for that..
WOW create other memorabilia based on a past that is not even your own and ask people to pay the prices you do for that?
Oh, Port Power franchise inc. don't do things like that..

Port sold their right to SANFL related decisions when they took all of those One Club hand outs didn't they? I am sure we will let them wear the Blue Red and Yellow in another match, right after Eddie lets them wear the prison bars again.

Why would we be jelly you stole the whole money spinning idea from us, i mean lets face it, its all about making revenue not to celebrate state football in SA.

Honestly I think that this is a great marketing exercise by tha AFC, stokes the fires even more which can only be a good thing. Hopefully it becomes an annual thing.

The queries I would have about it (for this first game only) that I honestly put to serious Crows fans here (not trolling, that's for the Bay)
- do you feel that your first game at Adelaide Oval should have been in the Club guernsey?
- do you feel that wearing the State Guernsey should have been done at a Crows home game where supporters would get to see it live?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

rucci_zps72711e3b.jpg

Haha, this is gold. Their hypocrisy is almost laughable. They're wearing the state guernsey with different colours every week.
In a week celebrating 150 years of SA footy, two SA teams wearing the state guernsey is kind of cool.
And they are so vain they think it's because we want to copy/annoy/be like them.

We were formed in 1990, they were formed in 1996. The fact that they cling to the history of another Port Adelaide football club is no different to us acknowledging our roots.

Screw them I say, I hope we smash them round 2.

Honestly I think that this is a great marketing exercise by tha AFC, stokes the fires even more which can only be a good thing. Hopefully it becomes an annual thing.

The queries I would have about it (for this first game only) that I honestly put to serious Crows fans here (not trolling, that's for the Bay)
- do you feel that your first game at Adelaide Oval should have been in the Club guernsey?
- do you feel that wearing the State Guernsey should have been done at a Crows home game where supporters would get to see it live?
In all seriousness, at first I loved the idea and was fairly open-minded to Port fans being a bit miffed about it.

The discusison on the reasons being to celebrate the return to AO and respecting the history of SA footy I think is a great angle to take by the club.
You guys are part of that history and therefore respect. I'm suprised, but delighted, so many of your fellow port fans are so up in arms about it really.

FWIW I think the club is trolling you guys a little - but the reasons expressed are full of merit IMO.

Haha, this is gold. Their hypocrisy is almost laughable. They're wearing the state guernsey with different colours every week.
In a week celebrating 150 years of SA footy, two SA teams wearing the state guernsey is kind of cool.
And they are so vain they think it's because we want to copy/annoy/be like them.

We were formed in 1990, they were formed in 1996. The fact that they cling to the history of another Port Adelaide football club is no different to us acknowledging our roots.

Screw them I say, I hope we smash them round 2.

Another shocker from Triggy, state jumpers used to be earned not given. At least our shameless money making stunts only cheapen our own guernseys not 150 years of history

#2Victoriancaptains

Another shocker from Triggy, state jumpers used to be earned not given. At least our shameless money making stunts only cheapen our own guernseys not 150 years of history

#2Victoriancaptains

Now I'm not saying I agree with us wearing it but Victorians have already been captains wearing this top.

I'm not fussed that you guys are wearing it or anything, but wouldn't it have been better to wear it in one of your home games in front of your own home crowd? I can understand a lot of you would say its to piss off our Port supporters, but honestly wouldn't a majority of you rather see it in person for example in your first home game against Sydney (make them wear their clash)?

In all seriousness, at first I loved the idea and was fairly open-minded to Port fans being a bit miffed about it.

The discusison on the reasons being to celebrate the return to AO and respecting the history of SA footy I think is a great angle to take by the club.
You guys are part of that history and therefore respect. I'm suprised, but delighted, so many of your fellow port fans are so up in arms about it really.

FWIW I think the club is trolling you guys a little - but the reasons expressed are full of merit IMO.
Thanks for the considered response.

The only negative that I have about it (and who cares what I think really) is that we will have South Australians like me actively barracking AGAINST the SA guernsey for the first time ever. And I'm not confortable with that.

But who cares, Im a Powa not a Sth Aussie right?

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk

kind of enjoying Smarts attitude in this interview, so often we are not happy that the club is to nice, it's good to hear them saying this is what we are doing, like it or don't it doesn't matter to us we are looking after ourselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back