The Next President and VP will be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread is continued in... The Aftermath

Last edited:
The American electoral system is now the new object of hate for Trump supporters.
A system that doesn't yield their desired result is obviously broken.

A system that's been in place for decades.

They hate it now only because of the likely result.

It's the same mindset behind "stop the counting" "keep counting" clowns. It's truly mind-boggling that Trumpists support this stuff with a straight face.

How things change. It doesn't seem that long ago that this forum was filled with cries of "Russia Russia Russia! They helped Trump steal the election. The 2016 election is compromised."

Now it's .... "There can't possibly be any fraud in this election".

How things change. It doesn't seem that long ago that this forum was filled with cries of "Democrats won't accept the election result! They're against democracy! The 2016 result needs to be respected."

Now it's .... "We'd like to stop the election before it's complete please".

An election which has seen the adoption of mail in voting on a much wider scale at the behest of Democrats. Their rabid support for the concept supposedly is purely altruistic and not because it increases the potential for fraud. I can hear your retort now "When did you last hear of Democratic candidates involved in electoral fraud?"

No, the retort would be many state electors that knew this scenario was likely tried to get laws changed to allow mail-ins to be counted early. Blocked by GOP. You can't actively obstruct proposed fixes then complain when the problems people told you were going to happen, happen :drunk:

My reply?

If you continue to maintain there is no chance this election has been affected by fraud despite mounting calls to the contrary, you're either naïve or just plain stupid.

In a city level primaries, not national elections. The guy literally stood in a booth and voted as many times as he could when no-one was looking, for a grand total of 46 over 3 years.

McSwain said DeMuro added between 27 to 46 fraudulent ballots during the three years of elections focused on by the investigation. While the numbers sound small, they represented 22% of the total votes cast in DeMuro's division in 2014, 15% in 2015 and 17% of the votes in 2016.

This and similar incidents are not and have never been a valid reason to deny millions of people the right to vote in presidential elections via their preferred method. No evidence of large scale voter fraud in presidential elections has ever been found. There remains no credible expert or rep from either the DNC or GOP whose position is that it occurs.

If you continue to maintain this election has been affected by organised, large scale fraud despite no evidence whatsoever being produced, you're either naïve or just plain stupid.

Last edited:
Abandoning the winner-takes-all allocation of electoral votes would be the first place to start. That one candidate can, in theory, take 20 electoral college votes from a 600 popular vote advantage in one state, and the other candidate 6 electoral votes from a 20,000 advantage in another state, is just stupid.

Not only that, but the system puts an inordinate focus on a handful of swing states while huge swathes of the country are ignored because they're viewed as unchanging blue or red and not worth the time to campaign there for anything other than fundraising. It's a messed up system.
I do agree but I wonder what system would be fairer?

Split representation based on % of votes?

Split representation based on staggered win margins IE 1-1000 then 1001-5000 , 5001-10000 etc?

I then wonder how much more open to manipulation those two systems would create

Not sure why everyone is complaining about Trumps actions here, he said he would do this and he is doing it. He may actually be the first politician in history to do what he says he will do.
I know it’s strange seeing a politician do what they promised because after all we are all used to them saying one thing and doing another or nothing.

Shows future politicians that even your “own team’s“ news network is not your friend. They’ll slap your ass out the door once they don’t think you have any more to offer them. It’s quite comical seeing Fox really pulling away from Trump support. He’s not going to be a happy boy.

In defence of Fox ( 🤮 ) the divorce from Trump has been ongoing for a while now

Not sure why everyone is complaining about Trumps actions here, he said he would do this and he is doing it. He may actually be the first politician in history to do what he says he will do.
I know it’s strange seeing a politician do what they promised because after all we are all used to them saying one thing and doing another or nothing.
No it’s about a lunatic acting more lunatic than we could imagine

If only they'd had four years to address and attempt to repair the broken system.

True, but it's an issue that'd needs bipartisan support, and perhaps even a constitutional amendment (to take it out of the hands of the states if they wont play along).

I think it's like their budget deficit and just gets thrown in the too hard basket, and meanwhile it just gets worse and worse. Yes, the more recent the president/congress the more of the blame they should shoulder, but ultimate it's a problem that extends back a long way and would have been easier to fix before it reached this point.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A system that's been in place for decades.

They hate it now only because of the likely result.

It's the same mindset behind "stop the counting" "keep counting" clowns. It's truly mind-boggling that Trumpists support this stuff with a straight face.

The system is broken; but not because Trump lost.. The fact that Trump was even a flipping option. 😂

Imagine if we somehow had Eddie Macguire running for Prime Minister and actually pulling it off. 😑

The American electoral system is now the new object of hate for Trump supporters.
A system that doesn't yield their desired result is obviously broken.

AMAZING.

They have a much better shot with that than they do the popular vote.

You don't see the difference in him keeping a promise that is 100% driven by self interest, and him breaking all of those promise that would have benefitted his constituents?

No, I suppose you don't.

Biden has widened his lead in AZ

Which site are you using?
This one says its now down to 65,000 difference (from 69,000 earlier this morning)

I do agree but I wonder what system would be fairer?

Split representation based on % of votes?

Split representation based on staggered win margins IE 1-1000 then 1001-5000 , 5001-10000 etc?

I then wonder how much more open to manipulation those two systems would create

Surely the fairest system is most votes wins. One person, one vote. Any other system places more importance over some votes than others.

There was always going to be some sort of quid pro quo with Coney Barrett. Trump didn't put her there for nothing.
She can’t do much by herself, no Supreme Court judge will stoop as low as what Trump wants, let alone five of them

The system is broken; but not because Trump lost.. The fact that Trump was even a f*n option. 😂

Imagine if we somehow had Eddie Macguire running for Prime Minister and actually pulling it off. 😑

Eddie is a bit of a buffoon but he's not evil.

Alan Jones would be a closer comparison.

Which site are you using?
This one says its now down to 65,000 difference (from 69,000 earlier this morning)

Back up to 68k difference.

The system is broken; but not because Trump lost.. The fact that Trump was even a f*n option. 😂

Agree, but my focus is on how the Trump supporters are all crying like babies about the broken system now, when it doesn't work in their favour.

She can’t do much by herself, no Supreme Court judge will stoop as low as what Trump wants, let alone five of them

Hence they have put 5 grubby weasels on the SCOTUS. These pricks hunt in numbers.

Watch her get Roe vs Wade overturned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back