VAFA General Discussion 2022-2023-2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes. Problem is no-one knows who the player is - Elsternwick or Hawthorn. The Citz's are livid and have launched their own investigation as it goes against the clubs values and code of conduct, but are yet to uncover the culprit.
What's interesting is the difference how each club handles things.
This stinks of a club that was made to look bad in the media, tried to defend a bloke for coward punching someone and now doing a bit of straw clutching.

EDFL pages saying that potential of parkside and caroline springs potnetially moving to their league.

Anyone heard those rumours ???

And if so why are so many teams wanting to move ?

I know parade and Ivanhoe are wanting to move to NFNL.

No way the league can let 4 teams go and 2 teams last year in deer park and st albans.

EDFL pages saying that potential of parkside and caroline springs potnetially moving to their league.

Anyone heard those rumours ???

And if so why are so many teams wanting to move ?

I know parade and Ivanhoe are wanting to move to NFNL.

No way the league can let 4 teams go and 2 teams last year in deer park and st albans.
There is a Parkside club in the WRFL

Old Camberwell joined the VAFA in 1960 first playing at a ground at Albert Park. In 1961 the club moved to play matches at Gordon Barnard Reserve, on the lower West Oval. The only time that the club has not played matches at Gordon Barnard Reserve was in the year 2000 when the club moved to Macleay Park while Gordon Barnard Reserve was being fully refurbished.

Old Camberwell joined the VAFA in 1960 first playing at a ground at Albert Park. In 1961 the club moved to play matches at Gordon Barnard Reserve, on the lower West Oval. The only time that the club has not played matches at Gordon Barnard Reserve was in the year 2000 when the club moved to Macleay Park while Gordon Barnard Reserve was being fully refurbished.
needs more refurbishing mate. Been no good for a long time now

Remarkable to be at one ground for its entire existence.
Unfortunately with the rooms being upgraded next year we will be splitting time between Ferndale and Bosco (Salesian).

However happy that we will be hosting an under 19's semi today cos Boroondara council ****ed up. For anyone in the southern or eastern suburbs, come to Ferndale today to support a local club if you can. No fee, we're having a BBQ and a bar if you can. This might be the first (and last) ever final at Ferndale Park, be part of history!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes. Problem is no-one knows who the player is - Elsternwick or Hawthorn. The Citz's are livid and have launched their own investigation as it goes against the clubs values and code of conduct, but are yet to uncover the culprit.
What's interesting is the difference how each club handles things.
The difference being longmire?

... and Caroline Springs, Deer Park and St Albans have never played football in the VAFA.

Four former VAFA clubs are playing in Grand Finals, WRFL Divisions 1 & 3 being Point Cook and Werribee Districts, Albanvale and Suns.

If the WRFL keep losing clubs, there could be some others thinking about jumping the fence, especially the lower graders who are in effect amateur clubs. Such clubs as North Sunshine, West Footscray, Tarneit and Laverton are concerned that if their Division 3 is merged into their Division 2 there will be huge score blowouts and (hopefully not) spell the collapse for their clubs.

(There is a strong whisper around the inner West that Spotswood, a respected and very well-run club with excellent ground and facilities has been in contact with the SFL).
There is a Parkside club in the WRFL

Four former VAFA clubs are playing in Grand Finals, WRFL Divisions 1 & 3 being Point Cook and Werribee Districts, Albanvale and Suns.

If the WRFL keep losing clubs, there could be some others thinking about jumping the fence, especially the lower graders who are in effect amateur clubs. Such clubs as North Sunshine, West Footscray, Tarneit and Laverton are concerned that if their Division 3 is merged into their Division 2 there will be huge score blowouts and (hopefully not) spell the collapse for their clubs.

(There is a strong whisper around the inner West that Spotswood, a respected and very well-run club with excellent ground and facilities has been in contact with the SFL).
Seaside
When did Albanvale play in the VAFA.
Why would Spotswood FC head to SFNL.
I would guess AFLVic will not allow any senior clubs transfer senior competitions after letting 2 move last year, in the next few years.

Albanvale u/19s played in the VAFA in the late 80's only for a couple of years.
Albanvale was a junior club and the u/19s was an extension of the junior club.
Senior club came along after that and never played in VAFA.

Last edited:
Seaside
When did Albanvale play in the VAFA.
Why would Spotswood FC head to SFNL.
I would guess AFLVic will not allow any senior clubs transfer senior competitions after letting 2 move last year, in the next few years.
Seaside

Q. When did Albanvale play in the VAFA?
A. T
hey were admitted in 1989 and left after the 1992 season. They weren't there in 1983 when CY's U19 were admitted.
Albanvale fielded an U19 side in 1989; can’t find anything else.

Try: - Victorian Amateur Football Association - Wikipedia Republished // WIKI 2,
Also History of the VAFA - VAFA

Q. Why would Spotswood FC head to SFNL?
A.
At this stage it's only a whisper: I have heard it from those in the know at our VFL club, and from a relation who is a member at Werribee. I can't see why they would go there as the EDFL should be a better option for such a proud club.

Statement: I would guess AFLVic will not allow any senior clubs transfer senior competitions after letting 2 move last year, in the next few years.
Reply. I agree with your thoughts there 2411 and allowing those clubs already mentioned in forums as hoping to jump out would certainly decimate the WRFL. On the other hand, as two clubs were alleviated of their WRFL burden after the 2022 season, the League could find it hard to justify not allowing other teams to leave.

Seaside

Q. When did Albanvale play in the VAFA?
A. T
hey were admitted in 1989 and left after the 1992 season. They weren't there in 1983 when CY's U19 were admitted.
Albanvale fielded an U19 side in 1989; can’t find anything else.
I played against Albanvale in that 1989 year . They wore nth melbourne guernseys .
Bunch of thugs too didn't mind going the knuckle once they started losing games.
Game got called off during 3rd quarter .
Not surprised they didn't last too long in the ammos

Remove this Banner Ad

VAFA General Discussion 2022-2023-2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back