VAFA General Discussion 2022-2023-2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Points for forfeit?
It's mathematically impossible for both to miss. They need the games more than the points

If the VAFA hand down a light sentence, it will be a slap in the face to every single victorian who has sacrificed and suffered so much through this pandemic.

One would imagine the committee was entirely complicit in all this. It would be very difficult for the coach to arrange a large group of players and equipment to be at the ground without their knowledge. As such, they need to be removed and disqualified from ever being on a VAFA committee again.

They threw the book at Hawthorn a few years back for lying at a tribunal, this is 500-fold worse.

What I don't understand is, how was there not a single player or club member with just the tiniest bit of common sense saying "hang on here lads, this is highly, highly illegal"?

1 thing i will say is Ian is the biggest w***er i have ever come across in footy. i hope they fine him big time.
This comment will resonate through all divisions he & his teams have encountered .He's a first class ankle. ie: He's 3 foot lower than ark hunt!
By no means a reflection on the good people at Kew FC. Reckon they are stunned. Go Aitken, go .Just go. #IanAnkle

Can you copy the article for those of us unwilling to pay for the Herald Scum? 😂

Nice attack on the bloke filming from old mate Aitken.
View attachment 1189438
Pretty sad that a year 10 kid had to push him away. Mr Aitken should be expelled from the VAFA and Kew relegated two divisions.

This is NOT a pisstake, the whole of Australia has been in ****ing lockdown, over 1,000 people have lost their lives, Delta is running wild and this clown doesn’t give a shit.

Despicable and incomprehensible…….over to you Mr Voyage, Mr Kirkwood-Scott and Mr Connell, the world is watching.

Last edited:
Punishes their opponents too though, two of whom will need the finals tune up

This is half the issue, if you say you’re playing for no points Melbourne storm style, do they just forfeit the season? That then punishes their opponents but being arrogant enough to train in the first place, they wouldn’t care.

But it’s what needs to happen as well as coach deregistered, players two week suspension and all of them facing $1500 fines plus the club could and should be hit with a company sized fine for flaunting regulations.

This is one of the darkest days in VAFA history.

At a time when we needed the state to come together to ensure we don't have any more senseless deaths, one club has decided to 1) gain an unfair advantage on their opponents and 2) completely disregard the CHO's restrictions.

Coach and committee sacked plus all point deducted from the season at a MINIMUM.

The Kew football club has bought shame to their club, to the state but most importantly the competition.

Herald Sun and Channel 9 news today. Definitely not the way VAFA wants to be portrayed.

Would disallowing Kew from playing finals this year be reasonable?

Herald Sun and Channel 9 news today. Definitely not the way VAFA wants to be portrayed.

If the Committee were aware of this, then they should all go. If someone was to sue them for contracting Covid or accidentally injuring a member of the public during lockdown they have voided their Insurance. Plus each player who trained has left themselves open to a $2500 fine. How many of them were outside the 5km zone? The players also have to take responsibility for being num nuts.

This is half the issue, if you say you’re playing for no points Melbourne storm style, do they just forfeit the season? That then punishes their opponents but being arrogant enough to train in the first place, they wouldn’t care.

But it’s what needs to happen as well as coach deregistered, players two week suspension and all of them facing $1500 fines plus the club could and should be hit with a company sized fine for flaunting regulations.
Agree with all of the above
Very reasonable, and a 12 month ban for the senior coach
And this

Can’t possibly disagree more on the first statement, but agree with your second.

If Kew were “so good”, why are they sitting in D1? This isn’t pushing the limits, it’s a flagrant breach of a public health order by an AFL Level 3 accredited coach. It’s disgraceful. People want this type of behaviour during a lockdown to be stamped out.

So he should be sacked and have his coaching accreditation stripped.
Completely agree!

It's outrageous. Brought the VAFA into disrepute. Could have been even uglier had a player not intervened.

Must get the severest penalty. The club has quite some explaining to do too.

Well done to Mr. Gold speaking about it first.

Hope someone is consoling the forum great 'Hippy' as his "great man" is unravelling before our eyes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's outrageous. Brought the VAFA into disrepute. Could have been even uglier had a player not intervened.

Must get the severest penalty. The club has quite some explaining to do too.

Well done to Mr. Gold speaking about it first.

Hope someone is consoling the forum great 'Hippy' as his "great man" is unravelling before our eyes.

Hi AM, as I’m sure you can very much appreciate, been a very difficult day for me. I have heard a slightly differing story from some of my cavetacts at Kew, however whilst this may limit the culpability of some, the matchday magician..the whispering grade riser..the professor of promotion looks like he may be in a little strife here.
we all await..
Hipp

He’s gone. They will have the absolute book thrown at them. They should be content with a 20k fine and relegation. Be lucky if they aren’t relegated two divisions. They might get off on the lighter side in terms of $ as HQ won’t won’t to ruin them financially given Covid but no doubt relegation is incredibly likely.
Wouldn't this be a punishment for teams in section below as well?

Hi AM, as I’m sure you can very much appreciate, been a very difficult day for me. I have heard a slightly differing story from some of my cavetacts at Kew, however whilst this may limit the culpability of some, the matchday magician..the whispering grade riser..the professor of promotion looks like he may be in a little strife here.
we all await..
Hipp
I have coached against him a few times and he is no magician, he is loose and normally carrying on like a goose.

He’s gone. They will have the absolute book thrown at them. They should be content with a 20k fine and relegation. Be lucky if they aren’t relegated two divisions. They might get off on the lighter side in terms of $ as HQ won’t won’t to ruin them financially given Covid but no doubt relegation is incredibly likely.

I wouldn’t be surprised if you are a little surprised come judgment day.
Remember it’s not over…until the Lord says it’s over..

I wouldn’t be surprised if you are a little surprised come judgment day.
Remember it’s not over…until the Lord says it’s over..

Violation of CHO orders and putting the lives and hard work of millions of Victorian’s at risk. Also blatant cheating trying to get one over the rest of the division. Will be taken into note that this wasn’t the first time the boys at Kew flaunted lockdown as they had a session the week before. Deserve to be playing d2 next season

Violation of CHO orders and putting the lives and hard work of millions of Victorian’s at risk. Also blatant cheating trying to get one over the rest of the division. Will be taken into note that this wasn’t the first time the boys at Kew flaunted lockdown as they had a session the week before. Deserve to be playing d2 next season
I think we shall find that it was actually the Kew U/19's not their senior team, which in my opinion is worse as it is an appalling message for a senior figure within a club to be sending to the emerging leaders of the club.

Speaking with Big Macca at the club, it seems that the Kew FC knew nothing about the Promotion Professors little run around. Not sure many Kew lads were there. And under what capacity. This may be a little more of a bustling Beaser issue than one which the hibernating 🐻 bears need deal with. I’ve made a few more calls to the club and also HQ and should know more shortly.

vafa not gonna do anything, calling it now.
They're not going to do nothing, but it'll be a relative slap on the wrist. I expect we'll find out what they're going to do at some point this afternoon

I think we shall find that it was actually the Kew U/19's not their senior team, which in my opinion is worse as it is an appalling message for a senior figure within a club to be sending to the emerging leaders of the club.

There’s multiple senior players in the video doing the rounds. Only way Kew get off with a fine is if they lie to HQ, and going off their arrogant disregard for the safety of their fellow citizens - they may have no issue doing so morally

Remove this Banner Ad

VAFA General Discussion 2022-2023-2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back