VAFA General Discussion 2022-2023-2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Any danger this new Play HQ system might list the teams at some point between selection night and first bounce?
It's a pretty standard practice I would have thought.

Not an encouraging start. Will be interested to see how it goes with live games this afternoon.

Any danger this new Play HQ system might list the teams at some point between selection night and first bounce?
It's a pretty standard practice I would have thought.

Not an encouraging start. Will be interested to see how it goes with live games this afternoon.
It’s now crashed completely so no scores can be viewed for the entire competition.

Wonderful new system this

FWIW death, taxes and the sports admin system falling over rd1
Recall a similar situation back in 2013 where the previous service didn't get the final scores from all grades uploaded until 11:30pm on Saturday night after Round 1. It was too late for the newspapers and the 88.3 Southern FM 'VAFA Sunday' program to get the results, and it forced the then VAFA Media Manager Andrew Leonard to go on BigFooty against advice and and give an explanation into what happened.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Footscray.
They play just around the corner from Flemington racecourse. I think they still share a ground with the Footscray Cricket Club.
Parkside wear black andwhite stripes and have played in what is now the WFNL since it started in 1930.
Just find it strange , like having 2 Albert Parks

WFNL one was 1897
VAFA one was 1934

They have never played in the same competition due to their geography.
Just like St Albans (EDFL) and St Albans (GFL)
And there are heaps of St Mary's going around too

VAFA regrading of the thirds has seen a reshuffle to accommodate Old Xaverian teams to win as many flags as possible. With four thirds teams, two more than other club, they seem to be above the law of grading and apparently cannot be in the same division as other Xavier clubs. One of the Old Xavs teams will be moved a div in spite of being 4-0 and a percentage of 220. They will continue playing Richmond Central whom they beat by 90 points... Doesn't really seem fair and equitable.

Remove this Banner Ad

VAFA General Discussion 2022-2023-2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back