VAFA General Discussion 2022-2023-2024

Remove this Banner Ad

I was out at Ormond on the weekend and they had a function on, drank a number of their beers - it was a great time in their rooms and the crowd was very welcoming to opposition fans. Plenty of people around for a good day of competitive games. Big fan of E.E Gunn, these local, community grounds are seriously the lifeblood of footy. The VAFA should be doing more to get people to these games. While I understand some of the minority arguing booze is not the way, a couple of beers while watching the footy is one of life's simple pleasures. More of that would be amazing.
Was a great day with the function for Russell Barnes late daughter and Maddis foundation and i noticed quite a few from Kew upstairs.
We are very lucky to have an upstairs function room which gives great views down the ground .
I'm really in favour if you have food on and an enclosed area to have a bar open

I was out at Ormond on the weekend and they had a function on, drank a number of their beers - it was a great time in their rooms and the crowd was very welcoming to opposition fans. Plenty of people around for a good day of competitive games. Big fan of E.E Gunn, these local, community grounds are seriously the lifeblood of footy. The VAFA should be doing more to get people to these games. While I understand some of the minority arguing booze is not the way, a couple of beers while watching the footy is one of life's simple pleasures. More of that would be amazing.

Over a hundred games of senior footy around Melbourne each weekend with alcohol and no trouble, and VAFA chooses their point of difference to be alcohol. Absurd

Over a hundred games of senior footy around Melbourne each weekend with alcohol and no trouble, and VAFA chooses their point of difference to be alcohol. Absurd
Small sample size - we had our first 16 games in the NFNL this year - zero issues with alcohol consumption related behaviour.

Was a great day with the function for Russell Barnes late daughter and Maddis foundation and i noticed quite a few from Kew upstairs.
We are very lucky to have an upstairs function room which gives great views down the ground .
I'm really in favour if you have food on and an enclosed area to have a bar open
Not sure what the older gentleman's name was behind the bar, but a lovely chap. As we both know, the Kew-Ormond rivalry goes back a long way, but honestly love going to your ground, Bedders. Good bunch of people, and while not the result Kew was after, Ormond played a really good brand of footy. Prahran-Ormond GF for mine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure what the older gentleman's name was behind the bar, but a lovely chap. As we both know, the Kew-Ormond rivalry goes back a long way, but honestly love going to your ground, Bedders. Good bunch of people, and while not the result Kew was after, Ormond played a really good brand of footy. Prahran-Ormond GF for mine.
One of the 2nds players fathers , a great bloke .
Was played in good spirit , only issue was the umps who kept over ruling each other from 60 metres away

D2 women final this Sunday at 9.30am. Where ?? Latrobe uni. Long trek at that time of day for Glen Eira and Whitefriars. A bit more thought please .

Exactly what happens when you expand the competition, you run out of grounds and this travel burden becomes unavoidable.

With other comps starting finals this week as well as junior comps, 9:20 is the only viable option. I'm honestly surprised there isn't any 4:40 games.

Exactly what happens when you expand the competition, you run out of grounds and this travel burden becomes unavoidable.

With other comps starting finals this week as well as junior comps, 9:20 is the only viable option. I'm honestly surprised there isn't any 4:40 games.
They should have used the ground of the team highest on the ladder as they did with d4 women's using Kew's ground. Instead each team has to travel over 20 k at the crack of dawn on a Sunday morning. No supporters will go at that time.

<koff> Newport vs Sunshine Heights called off before half time last weekend <koff>

The VAFA has announced that the VAFA Finals Series fixture for this week has been delayed as the VAFA negotiate with local councils and the AFL Victoria over access to venues. Hope that's not a sign of things to come when the seniors finals series start in the respective sections.

Congrats to Carey for winning the Integrity Cup in the Thirds Div 2. A huge achievement in the scheme of a rigged system celebrated by the VAFA who preached 'integrity' in relation to their choice to position four Xavier teams in separate thirds divisions... can't wait for them to continue to bury their destructive and incompetent decision after Xavier win four premierships. We love a Brat Summer for VAFA HQ.

Congrats to Carey for winning the Integrity Cup in the Thirds Div 2. A huge achievement in the scheme of a rigged system celebrated by the VAFA who preached 'integrity' in relation to their choice to position four Xavier teams in separate thirds divisions... can't wait for them to continue to bury their destructive and incompetent decision after Xavier win four premierships. We love a Brat Summer for VAFA HQ.
If OX could somehow muster some more numbers they could also launch an assault on Thirds south Div 2 and 3 next year. No point leaving food on the plate.

Remove this Banner Ad

VAFA General Discussion 2022-2023-2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back