VAFA General Discussion 2022-2023-2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Does anyone think VAFA will ever allow alcohol back at games?
Who knows. But it’s hurting clubs.

At minimum allow sales from 2.10 for reserves to enjoy a beer and watch the seniors. I’ve seen reserves leave the game to go to the nearby pub instead of watching their buddy’s play.

The entire meal and inside rooms thing is just plain stupid

Who knows. But it’s hurting clubs.

At minimum allow sales from 2.10 for reserves to enjoy a beer and watch the seniors. I’ve seen reserves leave the game to go to the nearby pub instead of watching their buddy’s play.

The entire meal and inside rooms thing is just plain stupid
Couldn't agree more mate, the rule seems so childish and simply would destroy clubs' finances, no wonder players leave the league. having a beer after an ammo game should be a written law

Couldn't agree more mate, the rule seems so childish and simply would destroy clubs' finances, no wonder players leave the league. having a beer after an ammo game should be a written law
FWIW when the rule was brought in there was no such concept as a RSA officer, things have changed. Give the clubs the responsibility, appoint a RSA registered with the VAFA, any problems with serving grog to p#ssed idiots resides with the club.
Aren't the clubs that were involved in the incident that started this, both left?

Updated fixtures for this weekend.

A good mixed bag. That was after the free day at Newport on Sunday for the womens with the bar open!

Looking at the Melbourne racing club.

I can now understand why there is an urgent need for an independent inquiry at VAFA. 17 board members have been forced to resign at the VAFA, cover up after cover up. We need an inquiry.

Looking at the Melbourne racing club.

I can now understand why there is an urgent need for an independent inquiry at VAFA. 17 board members have been forced to resign at the VAFA, cover up after cover up. We need an inquiry.

Only have to look at a couple of paid employees they have , one should stand down after the fixture debacle .

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

If a club has 2 teams playing at different venues and at different times , surely if you pay to go in one why should you have to pay twice . For a couple of parents that's $70 . I understand grounds have to be paid for , but that is unjust .
I believe now it's been changed and wristbands will be handed out at the first game , well done to whoever came up with some common sense

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just watched OI beat a young OX 4th 3rds.

Good game, with all have a red hot crack.

Ground was in good nick. Wind was strong.

OX had a couple of injuries early that didn’t help.

The player award best was a 49yo freak.

He was our A Grade 1st ruck in 2006. Standing 6”1’ at best. His athleticism is next level.

Go Hoes.

Just watched OI beat a young OX 4th 3rds.

Good game, with all have a red hot crack.

Ground was in good nick. Wind was strong.

OX had a couple of injuries early that didn’t help.

The player award best was a 49yo freak.

He was our A Grade 1st ruck in 2006. Standing 6”1’ at best. His athleticism is next level.

Go Hoes.

Only a 50% win rate for OX, they’ll ask each team to be relegated next season to give themselves a fairer shot.

Well done to OI.

Only a 50% win rate for OX, they’ll ask each team to be relegated next season to give themselves a fairer shot.

Well done to OI.
Love it. I still think no premier teams 3rds should be in the lowest division. Their u19/reserve leftovers are going to be far better than divisional teams leftovers. Just saying

Gotta love the VAFA.

Two games at Waverley Oval on Saturday. Three games at Whitefriars on Sunday. Why put SMS on two different days when our reserves could play before our under 19's on Saturday?

Gotta love the VAFA.

Two games at Waverley Oval on Saturday. Three games at Whitefriars on Sunday. Why put SMS on two different days when our reserves could play before our under 19's on Saturday?
Can’t use Waverley any earlier on a Sunday because Doggie school takes preference 🐕 🐕…. 🙄

Can’t use Waverley any earlier on a Sunday because Doggie school takes preference 🐕 🐕…. 🙄
We're playing there on Saturday
But you loved that fixture last week!!!
I said the D2 fixtures made sense in the D2 thread numbnuts. But I guess you don't have to worry about finals fixtures anymore

Remove this Banner Ad

VAFA General Discussion 2022-2023-2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back