A Section VAFA Premier 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cavens take 3,2 and 1 BOG votes as the Snowdogs start 3-0 and come into serious flag consideration.

Or

Waite kicks 10 as SKOB flex there AFL talent.

Or

Joyce sacked on the back of Panther pummelling.

Or

Some idiot just writes stupid things on bigfooty. Hey hang on, am I talking about me?

View attachment 663247

Braaaaahton picked by... nobody

A17 again fails to live up to the early promise shown and has ceded top spot to the man with all the knowledge!
I mean....really.....lose to De La, who were just going today let me tell you....and two weeks later beat the reigning Premier in a huge upset....stewards please?!?! Old Braaaaahhhton clearly channeling their early season 2018 formline today

Uni Blues averaging 119 points for in first 3 rounds.
Bernards averaging a miserly 46 points against per game.
Makes for a fascinating round 4 match up this week.

Not making excuses for the SKOBBERS but they were missing Brown, Wood, Kanakis and Sullivan....pull out last year's finals tapes and these four were basically the key men in the middle with the skipper....Shows the strength of this comp....lose a few key men and you are under the pump.....Great win thought from the Tonners....big game looms against the Lions next Saturday at Beach Road now

Remarkable performances by Blues and Brighton. Has certainly shaken the early markets.
Current Hippbet Market:
SKOB $3.10
Xavs $3.30
Blues $3.40
Snowdogs $12.00
Brighton $23.00
Collegians $45.00
Melbourne $100.00
De La $1000.00
Trinity $1000.00
Carey $1000.00
SKOB still favourites as I’m hearing rumours they may be on the hunt for some more ex AFL talent. Throwing the net back out to try and increase ex afl numbers as they have slipped from the previous few years all of a sudden. Missing out on a few over the recent summer seems to now be hurting them. Waite helping with a late recruitment drive perhaps?? A few ex Kangas trying to be lured?? Brian may be able to help add to this. I’m hearing post game it was all over the locker room. Watch this space. Interesting times ahead.
Collegians were wasteful, but far to good for Carey. Could be a long season for the Panthers, whilst Wesley will slowly build during the year.
Trinity out musled and out ran at home against the ominous Claret and Stout. Whilst the final margin wasn’t huge...the Margin was magnificent on the day. And the Clarets favourite drop of Merlo..was bold and full of depth and wicked character.
A casual dozen between them by Ayce Ventura and Green will certainly cause opposition coaches some sleepless nights. After years of mediocre form, despite a strong list, have the Uni boys finally got it right? Are these stars going to suddenly gel?? We all may need to be afraid. We all may need to be very afraid.
The Cavens and the brilliant ball extracting Bentick to good for the fading Bells from Waverley. Like the Panthers..it will be a long season for this proud VAFA club. Lots of good players, but not too many stars.
Cheers Hipp..

b - r -a - h - t - o - n

better spread. better run. better coached.

dougie and vincie not speaking. a disconsolate captain thingo seen on the high street overpass attempting to console his china plate.

i also heard the rumour skob/afl is looking to again dip into the afl ranks mr hippstar. the chances of arranging a lease for jordy a bit optimistic though. ;)

i have had a look at the dark web and found your big footy buddy mr canada’s “maplebet”. while chasing the money he owes me and others i had a look at his betting and he has uni blues as clear favourites with st pignataro’s and your mob on the second line. after those three it is a fight to ward off relegation.

church street is really humming today.

SKOB still favourites as I’m hearing rumours they may be on the hunt for some more ex AFL talent. Throwing the net back out to try and increase ex afl numbers as they have slipped from the previous few years all of a sudden. Missing out on a few over the recent summer seems to now be hurting them. Waite helping with a late recruitment drive perhaps?? A few ex Kangas trying to be lured?? Brian may be able to help add to this. I’m hearing post game it was all over the locker room. Watch this space.
Cheers Hipp..
If you want to see why SKOB aren’t winning games turn on channel 7 and you’ll see 5 VAFA premiership players running around for Footscray/SKOB VFL. They’re dominating too which is great.

Add in Jok and Reeves who were drafted plus Wood, Brown, Strauss etc and it’s a totally different team in 2019.

Regarding the above crap, no need to respond.

Blues monties at the end of round 3 and will dismantle St Bernard’s by 80 plus next weekend.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you want to see why SKOB aren’t winning games turn on channel 7 and you’ll see 5 VAFA premiership players running around for Footscray/SKOB VFL. They’re dominating too which is great.

Add in Jok and Reeves who were drafted plus Wood, Brown, Strauss etc and it’s a totally different team in 2019.

Blues monties at the end of round 3.

Cheers Doug. Thought you may be able to add to it.

Blues monties at the end of round 3 and will dismantle St Bernard’s by 80 plus next weekend.
He has the best name on the board.

i know dougie. just wanted to awaken you from your slumber. the laddies at king will be thereabouts come september. that is why mr hippstar is hedging his bets.

Edit: cut it out. OTP

Last edited by a moderator:
b - r -a - h - t - o - n

better spread. better run. better coached.

dougie and vincie not speaking. a disconsolate captain thingo seen on the high street overpass attempting to console his china plate.

i also heard the rumour skob/afl is looking to again dip into the afl ranks mr hippstar. the chances of arranging a lease for jordy a bit optimistic though. ;)

i have had a look at the dark web and found your big footy buddy mr canada’s “maplebet”. while chasing the money he owes me and others i had a look at his betting and he has uni blues as clear favourites with st pignataro’s and your mob on the second line. after those three it is a fight to ward off relegation.

church street is really humming today.

Canada certainly shaped the market strangely IMO. Seems it’s still the case. Can’t have St Pignataros that short yet. But their odds are certainly cavenning in. Half Moon must be really buzzing..

Reeves...what an embarrassment for Hawthorn....he is the worst footballer on any AFL list this season...and that comes from St Kevins players themselves! What a joke...

Reeves...what an embarrassment for Hawthorn....he is the worst footballer on any AFL list this season...and that comes from St Kevins players themselves! What a joke...
Mad Lion - this is just an unnecessary slag at a kid given an opportunity. If he isn’t up to it, we’ll so be it. But somebody saw something in him to give him a crack. Very easy to keyboard troll as a nameless person on this forum - that is a far sicker joke IMO.

Mad Lion - this is just an unnecessary slag at a kid given an opportunity. If he isn’t up to it, we’ll so be it. But somebody saw something in him to give him a crack. Very easy to keyboard troll as a nameless person on this forum - that is a far sicker joke IMO.

Agree, give the kid a go.

As for SKOB, almost unrecognisable on Saturday when I caught the 2nd half. Sullivan, Gleeson, Wood, Brown, Jok all gone from the middle, Kanakis from up front, Strauss down back. Gutted is a fair assessment. All well and good getting Waite in but the middle is where it counts.

No matter how good we all think they are, not having that level of talent out there would really sting any team.

Blues look ominous early days.

Next weeks tips.
Collegians
Old Carey
St. Kevins
Uni Blues
Old Xavs

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
OB in a toss of a coin against Collegians who are unlikely to have several VFL players who fronted up Sat
OC with some VFL players back
STK surely?
STB in a toss of the coin. St Bernards physical strength to trump Blues height
OX. Premiership favourites.

Early call but the top three is starting to form, OX, Blues and STB all look good . Fourth a raffle, and relegation a raffle as well. DeLa and OC will win games, and Hippster's 1000-1 is unfair. Whilst they are unlikely to trouble the flag, they will have their moments. OB, OM and Collegians could all be in that 1 game out of finals and one game out of relegation area we have seen in recent seasons. OT a worry, but could jump any of the five above if they get a run on. They still have good outside speed.Where are St Kevins? Not in the bottom bracket, but are they in the top or the middle? The next 6-8 will tell

Last edited:
Agree, give the kid a go.

As for SKOB, almost unrecognisable on Saturday when I caught the 2nd half. Sullivan, Gleeson, Wood, Brown, Jok all gone from the middle, Kanakis from up front, Strauss down back. Gutted is a fair assessment. All well and good getting Waite in but the middle is where it counts.

No matter how good we all think they are, not having that level of talent out there would really sting any team.

Blues look ominous early days.

Agree on both counts..All teams have a finite list of talent with which to work with. Uni Blues.....finally getting it together with a couple of super pickups seems to have been enough to "flick" the on switch. Looking very much like OX, Skobs and Blues at this very earlystage.....

Seriously if Blues can’t win the flag with 10 ex AFL players on the books they should change competitions. At or near full strength it’s Blues, Xavs, SKOBs (in any order) then daylight

Called this in the pre-season but my mob in strife. A team that won 7 games in 2018 has lost 5 of its best 10 players and will be in for a tough year. Needed a lot to go right a far as far as playing stocks go but sadly that has not been the case. Jake Williams and Tom Humphrey are our best 2 players by some margin and both injured early in Rd 1. Williams has played 10 minutes and Humphrey about 2 quarters and no idea when they will be back. Having said that if we had the same number of absences from our best 22 as SKOBs or Colls have at present we would be getting pummelled!

We will pinch a few wins but surprised if we finish above 8th. Hippsters assessment spot on. Plenty of good players but few if any stars. (Even Carey have a handful of stars)

Not sold on St Bernards. They have played the 3 teams that will finish 8. 9, 10. Played the weakest De La team since 2014 (also sans Humphrey and Williams) and only lead by 11 points at ½ time. Class told in the end but it was a horrible, scrappy, error riddled game.

Great assessment JJ, Blues have gone full AFL, 10 Ex AFL is a joke in all seriousness, and should not be allowed. The good thing about this is that no one from the Uni will get a game so they’ll develop at other clubs and become guns.

We have one who played at Geelong Falcons last year living at the Uni who knew he wouldn’t get a game there. He will be a jet for us in future.

Having said that, Uni are chokers and will not win the flag, I really believe that.

Collegians and SKOB have done remarkably well this year to be in the their games with all of the outs they have, look out when they are full strength.

Was thinking the same about St Bernard’s today, but they can only beat who they play and only need 4 more wins to be safe for next year, which will be a great effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back