A Section VAFA Premier 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reeves...what an embarrassment for Hawthorn....he is the worst footballer on any AFL list this season...and that comes from St Kevins players themselves! What a joke...
Poor post from a well respected poster.
Most people would say good luck to the young kid, at age 19 and 209cm he’s worth a punt by an AFL club, and at worst he’s given the VAFA some nice newspaper time.

For two boys to play in an A grade flag then get drafted is brilliant for the VAFA, we should all applaud it.

Great assessment JJ, Blues have gone full AFL, 10 Ex AFL is a joke in all seriousness, and should not be allowed. The good thing about this is that no one from the Uni will get a game so they’ll develop at other clubs and become guns.

We have one who played at Geelong Falcons last year living at the Uni who knew he wouldn’t get a game there. He will be a jet for us in future.

Having said that, Uni are chokers and will not win the flag, I really believe that.

Collegians and SKOB have done remarkably well this year to be in the their games with all of the outs they have, look out when they are full strength.

Was thinking the same about St Bernard’s today, but they can only beat who they play and only need 4 more wins to be safe for next year, which will be a great effort.

Did Blues pick up a St Kevs assistant as well ?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I am chomping at the bit to see how Bernards go against a strong Blues team this week. Bernards play a strong brand of contested football and are very well coached. Man for man, Blues on paper are goals better than Bernards. But, it is a team game and Bernards play quality, team oriented football. And unlike OMs I don’t think Bernards will fold so easily.

Anyway....I am still tipping Blues to prevail by 5 goals. But in a high quality contest.

Other games.....

Old Xavs by 45
Old Brighton by 15
Old Trinity by 17
Old Melb by 20

OB in a toss of a coin against Collegians who are unlikely to have several VFL players who fronted up Sat
OC with some VFL players back
STK surely?
STB in a toss of the coin. St Bernards physical strength to trump Blues height
OX. Premiership favourites.

Early call but the top three is starting to form, OX, Blues and STB all look good . Fourth a raffle, and relegation a raffle as well. DeLa and OC will win games, and Hippster's 1000-1 is unfair. Whilst they are unlikely to trouble the flag, they will have their moments. OB, OM and Collegians could all be in that 1 game out of finals and one game out of relegation area we have seen in recent seasons. OT a worry, but could jump any of the five above if they get a run on. They still have good outside speed.Where are St Kevins? Not in the bottom bracket, but are they in the top or the middle? The next 6-8 will tell

The 1000/1 just reflects zero chance of winning. Not really being harsh A17.
Happy for you to hand me a Pavarotti and I will give you 10 large back if either salute??
A Xavs v Blues match up would be nice right about now. Mouth watering!
I preferred you when you were Monkeyboy circa 2007 🤣

Hey Hey I’m the Monkey
People say I Monkey around
I’m too busy singing
To put anybody down..

Monkeys Tips:

Xavs by a lot.
OB by a bit.
SKOB by a monkeys breath.
Snowdogs in a thriller.
OM’s by one sausage roll.

The 1000/1 just reflects zero chance of winning. Not really being harsh A17.
Happy for you to hand me a Pavarotti and I will give you 10 large back if either salute??
A Xavs v Blues match up would be nice right about now. Mouth watering!

Hey Hey I’m the Monkey
People say I Monkey around
I’m too busy singing
To put anybody down..

Monkeys Tips:

Xavs by a lot.
OB by a bit.
SKOB by a monkeys breath.
Snowdogs in a thriller.
OM’s by one sausage roll.
Fair call, though think at this stage they are both better than you give credit, though both will wax and wane with VFL availability.I'd put them around the OB and Collegians mark, and a step ahead of OT, which is probably reasonable considering results so far. I dont see Collegians or OB as having any chance of winning either at this stage.
If i were framing a market at this very early stage, I'd have it something like
OX 5-1
UB 7-1
STK 20-1
STB 20-1
OM 40-1
OB, Collegians 75-1
DeLa, Old Carey 100-1
OT 250-1
St Kevins rated higher than OB due to possible additions and competition history only.

Fair call, though think at this stage they are both better than you give credit, though both will wax and wane with VFL availability.I'd put them around the OB and Collegians mark, and a step ahead of OT, which is probably reasonable considering results so far. I dont see Collegians or OB as having any chance of winning either at this stage.
OX 5-1
UB 7-1
STK 20-1
STB 20-1
OM 40-1
OB, Collegians 75-1
DeLa, Old Carey 100-1
OT 250-1
St Kevins rated higher than OB due to possible additions and competition history only.

FWIW can I have $1000 on OX $1000 on UB and $500 on SKOB? Thanks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In other news, there is word that if Gabe Hamilton gets rubbed out at the tribunal tonight for 3 weeks he is banned from the VAFA for good. He slung an OX player in a tackle with his arms pinned in a violent act. Was yellow carded. The OX player was knocked out cold and was helped from the field suffering serious concussion and ongoing affects. Has been suspended for 14 weeks and 16 weeks is the apparent maximum. I’m not sure about the details but he is one of their champions and would be a significant loss to the already battling Hedgies. This is all rumour re life ban but let’s hope the punishment is just above all things.

45/

Last edited:
OX 5-1
UB 7-1
STK 20-1
STB 20-1
OM 40-1
OB, Collegians 75-1
DeLa, Old Carey 100-1
OT 250-1

Monkey says that’s super generous.
But the order looks good. SKOBAFL will be ok. Particularly if the rumours are correct that they are hunting more ex AFL. Interesting monkey times.

In other news, there is word that if Gabe Hamilton gets rubbed out at the tribunal tonight for 3 weeks he is banned from the VAFA for good. He slung an OX player in a tackle with his arms pinned in a violent act. Was yellow carded. The OX player was knocked out cold and was helped from the field suffering serious concussion and ongoing affects. Has been suspended for 14 weeks and 16 weeks is the apparent maximum. I’m not sure about the details but he is one of their champions and would be a significant loss to the already battling Hedgies. This is all rumour re life ban but let’s hope the punishment is just above all things.

45/

Gabe is a Jet. This would be big. Monster Hedge type big!!

Monkey says that’s super generous.
But order looks good. SKOBAFL will be ok. Particularly if the rumours are correct that they are hunting more ex AFL. Interesting monkey times.
True- I'd be a very poor bookie. Bring xavs into 2s, bluesAFL into 3s SKOBS and Snowdogs into 8s and I'll sit on the rest

OX 5-1
UB 7-1
STK 20-1
STB 20-1
OM 40-1
OB, Collegians 75-1
DeLa, Old Carey 100-1
OT 250-1
Collegians 75/1? Haha! You've gotta be kidding me...
You do realise they're top 11 full time players are:
Viv Michie
Taylor Hunt
Will Johnson
Ben Darrou
Lachlan Ferguson
Sam Hibbins
Courtney Hylton
Nic Papadopoulos
Corey Cassidy
Kalem Post
Anthony Bruhn
Then you can add the VFL boys...plus the stalwart A Grade players in Zimbachs, Fahie, Apted etc...
They are certain top 4....

Collegians 75/1? Haha! You've gotta be kidding me...
You do realise they're top 11 full time players are:
Viv Michie
Taylor Hunt
Will Johnson
Ben Darrou
Lachlan Ferguson
Sam Hibbins
Courtney Hylton
Nic Papadopoulos
Corey Cassidy
Kalem Post
Anthony Bruhn
Then you can add the VFL boys...plus the stalwart A Grade players in Zimbachs, Fahie, Apted etc...
They are certain top 4....
All in good fun. To be fair that list is impressive and Lachlan Ferguson is a massive in. 75s is well over but they are no monty to be top4 IMO. They will have to get past two of an impressive Snowdogs, BluesAFL, OMs who they lost to comprehensively, SKOBs, and OX. If they make it then, like anyone who does, they can win it.

All in good fun. To be fair that list is impressive and Lachlan Ferguson is a massive in. 75s is well over but they are no monty to be top4 IMO. They will have to get past two of an impressive Snowdogs, BluesAFL, OMs who they lost to comprehensively, SKOBs, and OX. If they make it then, like anyone who does, they can win it.

PLUS : Penbarthy and Croft.

I can't get any feel for what SKOB will be like this year as it looks like a different team this year from what I've seen, but my top 4 is Blues, Xavs, Collegians, SKOB (hopefully!) with Bernies stiff to miss.

I think key difference for SKOB this year compared to other teams is with VFL players. Other teams still have their core guns week in week out with some VFL cream that floats in, whereas many of SKOB's guns from previous years are now VFL players and you don't know when they will play.

Wouldn't write Collegians off at all, nothing wrong with a slow start they will come good I reckon as I hope my mob will. I think 4th spot will be as hotly contested as ever before, as will 8th spot between Trinity/De La/Carey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back