A Section VAFA Premier 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s the price of success at VAFA level, all are SKC boys except Lloyd. All are SKOB VAFA premiership players except Lloyd and young Seaton.
With 9 SKOB boys selected in the under 19 state squad, the future is amazingly strong, we just need to get through the short term pain and win three in a row.
Seaton is an Ormond junior

Settle down. You're beginning to get a bit of a reputation, Bedford. There's rumours that you would class any boychild seen more than once within 200 metres of Gunn Reserve is automatically an Ormond junior. I know that isn't so; best not to encourage that line of thinking though.

Settle down. You're beginning to get a bit of a reputation, Bedford. There's rumours that you would class any boychild seen more than once within 200 metres of Gunn Reserve is automatically an Ormond junior. I know that isn't so; best not to encourage that line of thinking though.
Shit , I wondered where you were going then . It's an in joke with Doug and I. Didn't want him claiming him , he actually did some pre season with us , but I think those higher in footy said it might be in his best interests to play A grade. Good luck to him.

In 2014 the VAFA defeated the EFL and in 2015 defeated the NFL in the community champs., from memory being ranked No 1 both years. Have not played since 2015. After the 2014 game, EFL clubs recruited from memory four players for the 2015 season. Why expose our players to the professional leagues to recruit? This would be the first reason.
The second reason would be that the VAFA already an excellent rep. program against Vic Country and SA. How would the VAFA schedule another rep match? The season is already long enough. Would you have another bye round to play in the community champs? or select a team to play in the community champs. and play a regular round on the same weekend?
The EDFL did not play in the community champs last year and I understand that the EFL are not playing this year.
I am fairly certain that when the VAFA competed in 2014 and 2015, the champs were called the metro champs with the country leagues playing in the AFL Vic country champs. and the following year it was extended to be a state wide champioship.

Nice Intel. What’s the * about? Surely you aren’t a swearer..
I’m thinking Foot-a-scray likely to hand 2 of Sullivan, Wallis and Kanakis back to the King. If so, it will be a huge game.
Hoping whoever runs the tipping notices my change Hippo. Here to win ;). Hope to see you roaming the old grounds of the red and black tomorrow.

45 /

Trinity - in close one
Bernards - at home
Blues - could replace AFL Blues!
De La - in a tight one at home
Old Xavs

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wanted to tell you to not back Carey, but I’m in it to win it as well. Shade and Nichols out from week before. Panthers best two players IMO.
Ouch De La. Just can’t see a way Carey or De La stay up. Both really struggling.
Nice work SKOBafl. Gutsy home win.
Xavs on fire. Surprised to see Snowdogs slip up at home. They are now right back in the pack.
Tough week for picksters, awesome week for lovers of VAFA.
FTLOTG.. Hipp

I wanted to tell you to not back Carey, but I’m in it to win it as well. Shade and Nichols out from week before. Panthers best two players IMO.
Ouch De La. Just can’t see a way Carey or De La stay up. Both really struggling.
Nice work SKOBafl. Gutsy home win.
Xavs on fire. Surprised to see Snowdogs slip up at home. They are now right back in the pack.
Tough week for picksters, awesome week for lovers of VAFA.
FTLOTG.. Hipp
SKOB and DH23 verrrrry happy flying under the radar at this stage of the season. Hoping the boys of TP keep a lid on things.

45/

Impressive Tipping Joey! I can't believe St Bernards lost at home against OM's...must have a few missing...Paine clearly was the difference out there though...big win for OM's

Impressive Tipping Joey! I can't believe St Bernards lost at home against OM's...must have a few missing...Paine clearly was the difference out there though...big win for OM's

I know they're missing Simon Caven who's still another 4-5 away - Huggard & Kennedy were both out yesterday who've also been part of that back 6. Paine was huge for OM's, great win for them!

Now that we're 5 rounds in, I'm going to change the way the team of the year is done. From here on in, the below 22 is the rounds 4 & 5 team (I've included a couple already, after watching Trinity v Carey) and I reckon we can now be the selectors and see who comes in and out from the round of footy.

FB - Rippon (Uni Blues)

Lappin (Uni Blues)

Whelan (Trinity)

HB - Cust (Carey)

Josh Freezer (Old Melburnians)

White (Carey)

C - Hunt (Trinity)

Bentick (St Bernard's)

Nicholson (De La Salle)

HF - Bewick (Xavier)

Margin (Xavier)

Lewis (Brighton)

FF - Green (Uni Blues)

Jacksh (Carey)

Wood (Trinity)

R - Cordy (Uni Blues)

Hill (Brighton)

Pavlou (Brighton)

INT - Beetham (Xavier)

Young (Uni)

Holden (St Kevin's)

Michie (Collegians)

In discussions for mine this week
- Tom Gilbert (Xavier)
- Marcus Stavrou (Xavier)
- Sam Hibbins (Collegians)
- Ben Nethersole (De La)
- Jackson Paine (OM's)
- Marc Lock (Carey)
- Harry Thompson (Trinity)

Happy to hear others as well - Bit of fun this is by the way, we're just helping out HQ with the team of the year selections

Now that we're 5 rounds in, I'm going to change the way the team of the year is done. From here on in, the below 22 is the rounds 4 & 5 team (I've included a couple already, after watching Trinity v Carey) and I reckon we can now be the selectors and see who comes in and out from the round of footy.

FB - Rippon (Uni Blues)

Lappin (Uni Blues)

Whelan (Trinity)

HB - Cust (Carey)

Josh Freezer (Old Melburnians)

White (Carey)

C - Hunt (Trinity)

Bentick (St Bernard's)

Nicholson (De La Salle)

HF - Bewick (Xavier)

Margin (Xavier)

Lewis (Brighton)

FF - Green (Uni Blues)

Jacksh (Carey)

Wood (Trinity)

R - Cordy (Uni Blues)

Hill (Brighton)

Pavlou (Brighton)

INT - Beetham (Xavier)

Young (Uni)

Holden (St Kevin's)

Michie (Collegians)

In discussions for mine this week
- Tom Gilbert (Xavier)
- Marcus Stavrou (Xavier)
- Sam Hibbins (Collegians)
- Ben Nethersole (De La)
- Jackson Paine (OM's)
- Marc Lock (Carey)
- Harry Thompson (Trinity)

Happy to hear others as well - Bit of fun this is by the way, we're just helping out HQ with the team of the year selections
Love it JP - a bit like the Sunday Footy Show. Can’t really argue with any, but Jordan Kelly from OXAFL has dominated from round 1 and been their most consistent performer probably and Mr Fix It. Deserves a look in the backline. Cust played up forward recently I think...

45 /

The deeper we go into this season, the more we get a clearer picture of what it is likely to look like at the end. Xavs, Uni and SKOB are certainties for the Four, baring horrendous injuries/weddings/trips to German raves, with fourth place up for grabs.

SKOB showed yesterday that it can be anything and can do anything when everything is right in its world, and a place in the GF is a possibility again.

A good test of St. Bernards yesterday, which was/is high on the ladder due to beating teams in the lower part of the ladder. Said to have been missing key players, but the result probably an accurate indication, with OMs also missing first picks including Thomas, Armstrong, Peacock and Rosenthal. OX vs. OB result showed that neither side is what it used to be. Xavs flying high, anyone with an insight into the Tonners' decline? Fourth spot to be filled by one of OB, OM, Lions (if they find and put the wheels back on; not sure that beating up on De La yesterday tells us too much more about them) and perhaps St. Bernards, if it can start beating teams in the 1-6 bracket. If the once-mighty Ts get back on track they could be in this mix, otherwise, they are with De La and Carey in real strife.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back