A Section VAFA Premier 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wesley..tough start to the year. Their fans on here tell us they are missing many and list a bunch of names that certainly includes some wonderful talent. But I think they have had their chance and I don’t see them playing finals this year. Big next month. Must start winning. I’m happy with my 30’s.
Melbourne are a little hot and cold. Obviously missed Paine v Uni, but would have been smashed regardless. Lucky to play Carey for his second week out. He’s a gun. So is the big Freeze. My favourite stopper. As is Paule. As is the Borth. Thomas is a huge loss. Whilst their top end is neat (like a navy blue Gazman v-neck) I’m worried about the rest to be a real finals challenger. Sure they have depth, but it’s solid ressies depth IMO.
De La Soul.. lost many players, lost a great coach, have few stars, but honest as the day is long. A chance for 8th, but can also easily see them in B Grade next year.
Panthers are just going. Able to beat De La rd 1, but have struggled since. A few tipster here keep talking about a VFL influx..needs to happen and happen soon. Next weeks game is a must win v Trinity. Loser will be in all sorts.
Trinity..see above for importance of next week. 0-5 teams dont stay up in A Grade this year I’m thinking.
Although they have been ok against SKOBAFL and Uni in the last two weeks, they must win at home next week and I think they will.

Early GF call...Xavs and Blues
Early relegation call...Carey and DLS.

Going with all the home teams this week. Home is where the heart lays..and I think some nice post home game brews will be had by all.
Trinity to get on the board in a tight tussle with their Bulleen Rd Neighbours.
Xavs to flex their muscle yet again.
Snowdogs to triumph over the gazmen at the Pit.
De La to knock the first nail in Wesleys finals coffin.
SKOBafl to win in a thriller with Waite kicking 6.
What a weekend of footy we have in store.
Hipp..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trinity in a thriller.
Bernards to return to the pit and back to the winners list.
Uni Blues overrun a Browne-less Skob.
Collegians.
Old Xavs get it done at the College.

Big Call: TBA.

Collegians by 36 Points
Blues by 18 Points
Trinity by 24 Points
Xavs by 42 Points
St Bernards by 18 Points

Trinity over Old Carey at home, first win of the year
St Bernard's over Old Melburnians to get back on the winner's list
St Kevin's over Uni Blues, going to be hard without Mitch Brown & a few other stars, but I think them at T H King
Collegians over De La, the list of De La outs a little bit longer than Collegians list of outs
Old Xavier over Brighton, at the College, they'll get up for this one

Also - Starting to put the call out for the Big Footy Big Call for Round 5 - Mine: Plugga Lynch will hold Ayce Cordy out in the ruck and Waite to kick 4+ goals

Old Trinity
Bernards in a tight contest
Uni Blues to remain undefeated
Collegians
Old Xavs

Big Footy Call - Ayce Cordy to kick 6, Blues by 36 points

St Kevin's over Uni Blues, going to be hard without Mitch Brown & a few other stars, but I think them at T H King
Collegians over De La, the list of De La outs a little bit longer than Collegians list of outs

Also - Starting to put the call out for the Big Footy Big Call for Round 5 - Mine: Plugga Lynch will hold Ayce Cordy out in the ruck and Waite to kick 4+ goals
SAME PLEASE

Hi guys,
Does any one know why the VAFA don’t participate in the community champs inter league competition?
I was reading something on Facebook about Bedford’s favourite comp and went to see where vafa was ranked and alas we aren’t there...

This is a big call considering the number of outs they have to VFL this week - Lloyd, Phillips, Kanakis, Seaton, Hodges, Sullivan and Wallis all named in their respective sides (may just be emergencies however). Uni Blues have the luxury of little to none on VFL lists (?). Old Brighton also losing Zimmerman - Collingwood VFL debut (and former Xaverian at that). I think the whole VFL thing will be seriously detrimental on where clubs like SKOB sit at the end of the season. Those mid-season games when personnel is seriously depleted become all the more important.

Side note: FRIDAYS ARE FOR BIG FOOTY

45 /

In 2014 the VAFA defeated the EFL and in 2015 defeated the NFL in the community champs., from memory being ranked No 1 both years. Have not played since 2015. After the 2014 game, EFL clubs recruited from memory four players for the 2015 season. Why expose our players to the professional leagues to recruit? This would be the first reason.
The second reason would be that the VAFA already an excellent rep. program against Vic Country and SA. How would the VAFA schedule another rep match? The season is already long enough. Would you have another bye round to play in the community champs? or select a team to play in the community champs. and play a regular round on the same weekend?
The EDFL did not play in the community champs last year and I understand that the EFL are not playing this year.

This is a big call considering the number of outs they have to VFL this week - Lloyd, Phillips, Kanakis, Seaton, Hodges, Sullivan and Wallis all named in their respective sides (may just be emergencies however).
That’s the price of success at VAFA level, all are SKC boys except Lloyd. All are SKOB VAFA premiership players except Lloyd and young Seaton.
With 9 SKOB boys selected in the under 19 state squad, the future is amazingly strong, we just need to get through the short term pain and win three in a row.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back