A Section VAFA Premier 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else notice or realise Wayne Carey sitting on the VAFA Tribunal. I didnt think he would be that charitable..Maybe a Community
Service order from past deeds??

Anyone else notice or realise Wayne Carey sitting on the VAFA Tribunal. I didnt think he would be that charitable..Maybe a Community
Service order from past deeds??

Really? Obviously someone who was convicted of indecent assault after he groped a young girl walking past him on her way to work, glassed his girlfriend in the US, r@@&d his best mates wife and punched on with the coppers when on a coke filled binge is just the sort of person we want adjudicating on matters of character. What’s next – Nick Stevens to be put in charge of the women's football department?

Interesting round.
Blues and Xavs seal 2nd semi spot with SkobAFL slipping up in the wind at the beach. SkobAFL will play either Wesley or Brighton in the other final. Wesley will start favourites in 2 of the their remaining 3, whilst Brighton will do so in only 1. So the purples remain slight favourites to grab that 4th spot.
At the other end..poor De La grab a mighty victory, only to have their celebration brews spoilt by the never say die Hedgeburners. It’s going to be hard for De La to stay up now with their poor %, but they do have Carey to come and have had some unexpected wins at home this year..so you never know.

Interesting round.
Blues and Xavs seal 2nd semi spot with SkobAFL slipping up in the wind at the beach. SkobAFL will play either Wesley or Brighton in the other final. Wesley will start favourites in 2 of the their remaining 3, whilst Brighton will do so in only 1. So the purples remain slight favourites to grab that 4th spot.
At the other end..poor De La grab a mighty victory, only to have their celebration brews spoilt by the never say die Hedgeburners. It’s going to be hard for De La to stay up now with their poor %, but they do have Carey to come and have had some unexpected wins at home this year..so you never know.
Imagine if they had got the 4 points and the percentage reversal from the Old Xavs game??

Max "Stirring up the hornets nest" Leader

Imagine if they had got the 4 points and the percentage reversal from the Old Xavs game??

Max "Stirring up the hornets nest" Leader

Has the points debacle been finalised yet? Have seen or heard nothing from HQ indicating it is still under investigation or is done and dusted.

Have said this previously but I really hope we don’t get gifted 4 points for an 18-goal hiding. If we stay up its on merit, not by virtue of an admin error.

Reckon it will all come down to Rd 18 at the Bell when DLS and OT face off. It is possible that we could win more games than Trinity but still get relegated.

Has the points debacle been finalised yet? Have seen or heard nothing from HQ indicating it is still under investigation or is done and dusted.

Have said this previously but I really hope we don’t get gifted 4 points for an 18-goal hiding. If we stay up its on merit, not by virtue of an admin error.

Reckon it will all come down to Rd 18 at the Bell when DLS and OT face off. It is possible that we could win more games than Trinity but still get relegated.
Come again?

Come again?

De La and OT are currently on the same amount of wins, however OT has two draws, therefore 4 points ahead plus 30%. If this remains and De La win the Round 18 clash they will finish 1 win ahead, same points, less % therefore still relegated.

De La and OT are currently on the same amount of wins, however OT has two draws, therefore 4 points ahead plus 30%. If this remains and De La win the Round 18 clash they will finish 1 win ahead, same points, less % therefore still relegated.
riiiight! I would prefer De La to stay up but almost want this to eventuate for the sake of its weirdness.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My team missed finals in the same manner. THe team that came 4th had 3 draws and we had one. Missed out on percentage :(

This weeks VAFA podcast has 2 changes

OUT - Waldron (Overseas) & Armistead (Overseas)
IN - Goss (Old Xavier) & Shaun Kennedy (St Kevins)

What should be on the agenda? What would you like to hear Goss / Kenno address in the 1st of the player takeover podcast episodes!

One thing I am keen to chat about on this week's podcast with the boys is who would be leading each clubs best and fairest?

I found it staggering that the Uni Blues boys on Saturday feel like it's Marshall Rippon leading right now, I would've thought Ayce's early-season work would have him ahead, but they believe Rippon is the man

St Bernard's - Adam Bentick
De La Salle - Hugh Nicholson
Brighton - Nic Pavlou
Old Carey - Sam Cust
Old Melburnians - Borthwick or Paule
Collegians - Ben Darrou or Sam Hibbins?
St Kevins - Nick Wood?
Trinity - ??
Xavier - Rohan Bewick or Jason Holmes?

One thing I am keen to chat about on this week's podcast with the boys is who would be leading each clubs best and fairest?

I found it staggering that the Uni Blues boys on Saturday feel like it's Marshall Rippon leading right now, I would've thought Ayce's early-season work would have him ahead, but they believe Rippon is the man

Brighton - Nic Pavlou
Old Carey - Sam Cust
St Kevins - Nick Wood?
Trinity - ??

This weeks VAFA podcast has 2 changes

OUT - Waldron (Overseas) & Armistead (Overseas)
IN - Goss (Old Xavier) & Shaun Kennedy (St Kevins)

What should be on the agenda? What would you like to hear Goss / Kenno address in the 1st of the player takeover podcast episodes!
Maybe how much of a joke the stats are on the new VAFA app? To read that Pavlou had 54 and 16 clearances is quite humorous, maybe the benchwarmer was calling out the stats for Old Brighton? Clearly no one from the VAFA watched the replay.
BTW Joey, it’s Kenners.

Brighton - Nic Pavlou
Old Carey - Sam Cust
St Kevins - Nick Wood?
Trinity - ??
Holmes and Bewick for Xavs, Kelly and Banting have been ultra consistent as well and may surprise a few at the annual Claret and Stout get together post-season.

45 /

Interesting to see what the admission prices are for this year’s VAFA Premier Grand Final at Elsternwick Park. Hopefully the VAFA will never go back to a couple of years ago when the grand final was at Trevor Barker Oval Sandringham, and the cost for an adult ticket was $35.

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back