A Section VAFA Premier 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They’ve used 33.

Cool. I don’t care if they have used 30 or 40. I was responding to how they’d be travelling if they had used the same number as SKOB had. They have used 33 which has suited them this year.
With 1’s, 2’s and U19 teams all sitting top of the perch all at 8-1, I’m sure they could have shuffled around 20-30 names amongst teams and been 7-2. Maybe still 8-1.

Yeah that makes sense, use another 20 players who aren’t anywhere near their best 30 and win one more game. Stick to line coaching kids.

I never suggested Xavs would win one more game and go 9-0 by having played more players. I actually thought dropping a game and being 7-2 was more likely.
You seem really angry.
Is your skin pale and your eye odd?

Cool. I don’t care if they have used 30 or 40. I was responding to how they’d be travelling if they had used the same number as SKOB had. They have used 33 which has suited them this year.
With 1’s, 2’s and U19 teams all sitting top of the perch all at 8-1, I’m sure they could have shuffled around 20-30 names amongst teams and been 7-2. Maybe still 8-1.

Under 19 section 2 side sitting sixth

Early tips for this week....expecting a lot of 5s...
OMs
Colls
Blues
Skob
Xavs

Who's with me.........??
Yep - same for me please!
OMs
Colls
Blues
Skob
Xavs

Would like to tip De La again esp at home but Xavs can't afford to drop this one.
If there is an upset maybe the snowdogs but can't see Blues losing two in a row.
Agree there will be a lot of fives or a lot of the same scores, which is good for those at top of tipping table so it'd be good to see a few others tip a few smokeys to try and make up ground - go on you know you want to!

Grown men arguing over nonsense on the BF forum. Yep, it's Thursday. Long week for some... Side note, funny how you can 'react' to comments now.

OMs
Colls
UNIAFL.
SKOBAFL
OXAFL

Rumour mill is the there may be an ex-AFL man suiting up for the Claret and Stout this week...former student I might add. Stay tuned...

45 /

Grown men arguing over nonsense on the BF forum. Yep, it's Thursday. Long week for some... Side note, funny how you can 'react' to comments now.

OMs
Colls
UNIAFL.
SKOBAFL
OXAFL

Rumour mill is the there may be an ex-AFL man suiting up for the Claret and Stout this week...former student I might add. Stay tuned...

45 /
Jobe's way past it.

OMs
Colls
UNIAFL.
SKOBAFL
OXAFL

45 /

UNIAFL? ...only in name. They may have a "plethra" of ex AFL players but gee wizz, last sat???? The team read like Tarzan, but played like Jane.
It was the same for 2018....

Old Melburnians back on the winners list over Old Carey
Collegians to make it 2 in a row over Brighton & keep OM's outside the 4
I'm on my boys & calling it the Bernard's Boilover at the Snakepit on Saturday over Uni
St Kevin's over Old Trinity in the prelim replay of last year
I would love for De La to make it 3 in a row, set the cat amongst the pigeons but I reckon Old Xavierians will be too strong

Also looking for Big Footy Big Calls for the pre-game on Saturday - Match of the day coverage is St Bernards vs. Uni Blues

Mine is - Kazuro in the last 2 weeks has gone 10 tackles, 14 tackles. I'm going for him to lay 18, have 25+ and kick 2 goals

Old Melburnians back on the winners list over Old Carey
Collegians to make it 2 in a row over Brighton & keep OM's outside the 4
I'm on my boys & calling it the Bernard's Boilover at the Snakepit on Saturday over Uni
St Kevin's over Old Trinity in the prelim replay of last year
I would love for De La to make it 3 in a row, set the cat amongst the pigeons but I reckon Old Xavierians will be too strong

Also looking for Big Footy Big Calls for the pre-game on Saturday - Match of the day coverage is St Bernards vs. Uni Blues

Mine is - Kazuro in the last 2 weeks has gone 10 tackles, 14 tackles. I'm going for him to lay 18, have 25+ and kick 2 goals
Jayden Stephenson has asked if you could put a pineapple on that for him ? :p:p

OMs
Colls
UNIAFL.
SKOBAFL
OXAFL

45 /
DO we have a name?

Also as expected a lot of similar tips this week but why is there such pull for the Snow Dogs.?? Gee Wiz the blues just had a bad week...you boys love to jump ship. Blues by 10 goals - they are a seriously talented outfit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks straight forward but doesn't always pan out that way....
Blues by 32 Points (i'll be interested to see how they respond though...some of those so could "top liners" look a bit suss to me when the acid really comes on)
Lions by 18 Points (Brighton have a good record against the Purps having won the last two so this will be pretty close me thinks)
SKOB by 35 (Rolling along beautifully i reckon...)
Xavs by 29 (also rolling along nicely)
OM's by 61 (the poor old Panthers looked cooked...despite some good top enders...the depth just isn't there)

DO we have a name?

Also as expected a lot of similar tips this week but why is there such pull for the Snow Dogs.?? Gee Wiz the blues just had a bad week...you boys love to jump ship. Blues by 10 goals - they are a seriously talented outfit.
I ought not speak on rumour until it be confirmed. Save that for the off-season FTLT.

I'm sure Hipp will have the word by 8pm tonight.

45 /

Good morning peeps..another nice crisp Melbourne morning. My mate Rob Gel tells me we may have an early morning shower, but things should clear up in the afternoon, albeit it will remain quite milli vanilli.
Today see’s the haves tackle the have nots. The glass half full ply their trade against those that are half empty. Those above the poverty line strut their stuff against those struggling for the mere scraps that fall below it.
Will we see the top 5 win and perhaps close the door an any meaningful challenge being mounted amongst today's fallen brigade?
Can the Snowdogs lift at home as they have done so often in the past against the might of the picketed parkvillians?
Can the hedges again burn brightly against our reigning (afl) champs?
Can the Bells ring loud and proud once more at the dairy? Can the Panthers find a tear in the gazman jumper and somehow rip it to shreds? Can the laddies from Brighton weather the storm and umbrella themselves from the rising purple rains?
Most likely not...but you never know!
FTLOTG

Last edited:
Good morning peeps..another nice crisp Melbourne morning. My mate Rob Gel tells me we may have an early morning shower, but things should clear up in the afternoon, albeit it will remain quite milli vanilli.
Today see’s the haves tackle the have nots. The glass half full ply their trade against those that are half empty. Those above the poverty line strut their stuff against those struggling for the mere scraps that fall below it.
Will we see the top 5 win and perhaps close the door an any meaningful challenge being mounted amongst today's fallen brigade?
Can the Snowdogs lift at home as they have done so often in the past against the might of the picketed parkvillians?
Can the hedges again burn brightly against our reigning (afl) champs?
Can the Bells ring loud and proud once more at the dairy? Can the Panthers find a tear in the gazman jumper and somehow rip it to shreds? Can the laddies from Brighton weather the storm and umbrella themselves from the rising purple rains?
Most likely not...but you never know!
FTLOTG
Bernards prevail in a fantastic second half. Will avoid relegation. Trinity do not make up 16 points in 8 rounds......fantastic for coach Riley and the playing group.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back