A Section VAFA Premier 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've always had a healthy fun rivalry with Blues in the 2's & 3's out the back at Crawford Oval (The home of 3rds footy) ... Their facilities at Uni oval are the envy of many VAFA clubs, those rooms are AFL standard & having had dealings with them this season, with the radio coverage they've been nothing but exceptional with making their President, coaches, assistant coaches, injured players available for us to speak to - On Saturday night at the Snakepit a majority were up in the rooms post game until well after 6pm having a beer with the Bernies boys

On the field, let's talk about what their loss has done to the top 4, top 2 spot opens up for St Kevin's this Saturday! Mitch Brown back in the 1's? Surely.

Interesting question from First Time Long Time about 8 teams, my way of thinking is to go with 12 teams - Scotch & Caulfield in Prem B standouts this year, Blacks have fallen away in the last month.

As for Woodrow, he might have had a quieter game than normal on the weekend but I'm leaning to Ayce going back to back
Great call on Saturday "Tony";). Good to see Petchy calling again too.:thumbsu:

Uni Blues issues start from the top..The Pres is a "flog" (dont know if he is bald or not). Mad Lion didnt hard enough.....
2 losses in last 2 games is no big deal to their prospects..they have points in the bank and will finish in top 3. Wait till finals,
should they miss the GF, watch the Ammo folk en mass dancing on their grave...
Don’t know about any of the above but their reserves coach is one of the greatest people of all time.

Season defining week for the OM's. Travel to Toorak Park. Will be at virtually full strength and playing really well. A loss means not up to finals. Should be a great game.
Certainly shaping up as a great contest! Word is a few of the X-Men are heading out on their annual European Sabbaticals this week among other global ventures. Hopefully not to the detriment of their stellar form, with many waiting in the ranks. Early feeling is SKOBAFL will put one through UNIAFL...or will the freshly crowned "Worst Blokes in the VAFA" bounce back and go bang with a middle finger to the men of BigFooty?

Also massive games for Trinity and De La. I'd go as far to say relegation is signed and sealed should the Snow Dogs get up at Bulleen, and posted to Premier B should De La cause an upset in the Southern Kingdom.

2019, the best ever?

45 /

Certainly shaping up as a great contest! Word is a few of the X-Men are heading out on their annual European Sabbaticals this week among other global ventures. Hopefully not to the detriment of their stellar form, with many waiting in the ranks. Early feeling is SKOBAFL will put one through UNIAFL...or will the freshly crowned "Worst Blokes in the VAFA" bounce back and go bang with a middle finger to the men of BigFooty?

Also massive games for Trinity and De La. I'd go as far to say relegation is signed and sealed should the Snow Dogs get up at Bulleen, and posted to Premier B should De La cause an upset in the Southern Kingdom.

2019, the best ever?

45 /

Ha, definitely not 'freshly crowned', they've held that title for quite some time.

Looking forward to a couple of week ends and Thursdays off!!!
Just have to book a ticket to somewhere.

This weeks tips.

OLD BRIGHTON
COLLEGIANS
OLD TRINITY
UNI BLUES
OLD MELBOURNIANS. Very impressed with the way they linked up last week.

Enjoy the break everyone

Looking forward to a couple of week ends and Thursdays off!!!
Just have to book a ticket to somewhere.

This weeks tips.

OLD BRIGHTON
COLLEGIANS
OLD TRINITY
UNI BLUES
OLD MELBOURNIANS. Very impressed with the way they linked up last week.

Enjoy the break everyone

Few toughies this week.

Brighton comfortably.
Wesley comfortably.
Trinity just in a thriller at home.
Blues just in a thriller at the pickets.
Xavs by a few goals at home over the impressive Gazmen.

missed my tips last week with a trip to warmer climes, but not sure i would have done that well.
To try and catch up a couple ill go with an upset or two
Brighton
OC
Snowdogs
Blues
Xavs

(Log in to remove this ad.)

missed my tips last week with a trip to warmer climes
To try and catch up a couple ill go with an upset or two

Not convinced of your strategy here, picking OC over Wesley is less of an upset and more you've spent too much time out in the warmer climes sun.

However I'll take it on face value and should the prayers and joss sticks cause fortune to smile upon the hapless Panthers, I'll be lavish in my congratulations.

Plenty of rain around on Saturday could make things interesting....
SKOB (Blues desperately trying to talk the VAFA into allowing them to clear Shaun Edwards and Luke Russell stinks of desperation after 2 losses..go the SKOBBERS!)
Lions
Xavs
Brighton
St Bernards

Plenty of rain around on Saturday could make things interesting....
SKOB (Blues desperately trying to talk the VAFA into allowing them to clear Shaun Edwards and Luke Russell stinks of desperation after 2 losses..go the SKOBBERS!)
Lions
Xavs
Brighton
St Bernards

Come sat, most grounds will be looking for a "drink". Yesterday, no rain and sun. Today the same and friday (warmer)...
Believe the rain has arrived when my "program" gets wet......

Not convinced of your strategy here, picking OC over Wesley is less of an upset and more you've spent too much time out in the warmer climes sun.

However I'll take it on face value and should the prayers and joss sticks cause fortune to smile upon the hapless Panthers, I'll be lavish in my congratulations.
yes, or pure desperation. A little info tells me Collegians will be half a dozen players weaker due to travel and injury where OC will have a similar number back. This still leaves a fair gap, but some inclement weather and home court advantage may bring it into the realms of possibility, however unlikely. As you suggest, more likely the Balinese sun, or ethanol, has affected my brain

My tips for the round
Brighton
Collegians
St Bernards
Uni Blues
Xavierians

My Big Footy Big Call (Let's hear some others)
- Chopper Handley 6, Jarrad Waite 6 (In a losing side), Michael Caven 6 - 3 players to defy the wet weather and kick bags!

ALSO
- Next weeks VAFA podcast, Brett Connell the CEO has agreed to be our special guest & he's happy to field questions from the fans, so feel free to send them through and I'll make sure they're asked during the interview

"Brett, can you tell us how the new logo has benefited the Association? Can you quantify those benefits so the member clubs can see that it was $100k well spent?"
"Brett, how do you respond to those who feel that the move from 25m to 50m penalties has adversely affected the game and needlessly removed one of VAFA's competition differentiators?"

Xavs
Bernards
SKOBS
Collegians
Brighton

Leading into the double bye, the re-set and SKOBS to launch their assault on a 3 peat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back