A Section VAFA Premier 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any Team of the Year predictions?
M Rippon (UNIAFL) B Banting (OXAFL) J Kelly (OXAFL)

C O’Shea (UNIAFL) C Lappin (UNIAFL) A Emery (OT)

C Matheson (SKOBAFL) G Borthwick (OMs) S Hibbins (COLLEGIANS)

H Hill (OB) J Waite (SKOBAFL) T Harper (UNIAFL)

J Green (UNIAFL) M Handley (OXAFL) D Batarilo (UNIAFL)

A Cordy (UNIAFL) N Pavlou (OB) A Bentick (STB)

J Wood (SKOBAFL) J Holmes (OXAFL) T Paule (OMs) R Bewick (OXAFL)

Last edited:

Frighteningly similar to mine. I had Le Grice Freezer Paine and Critchley in though. Pavlou or Borthwick for the Woodrow

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Great Side.
I’m a Yorgey fan from OB’s. Plays with great aggression.
If we are going to pick one from each team, I think Hugh Nicholson and Morgan Evans come in. Saw Evans out muscle/position Chopper a few weeks back. Doesn’t look big, but plays a very strong game. Versatile.
Freezer and Critchley will make it. Loyalty rewarded.

Great Side.
I’m a Yorgey fan from OB’s. Plays with great aggression.
If we are going to pick one from each team, I think Hugh Nicholson and Morgan Evans come in. Saw Evans out muscle/position Chopper a few weeks back. Doesn’t look big, but plays a very strong game. Versatile.
Freezer and Critchley will make it. Loyalty rewarded.
Is Yorgey related to Brett former Swan and Pie

The VAFA website currently says that Premier finals will be on Saturdays. Is there any truth to this or it just hasn’t changed to Sunday yet. Would be great for all if it were Saturday. And just on that, why did the Sunday finals start in the first place.

45 /

The VAFA website currently says that Premier finals will be on Saturdays. Is there any truth to this or it just hasn’t changed to Sunday yet. Would be great for all if it were Saturday. And just on that, why did the Sunday finals start in the first place.

45 /

The fixtures always say Saturday, until they actually have a specific match and details to change it!

Stand alone, final game of the year, why have the B and C grade GFs after your A grade GF? Makes most sense to finish the year with the biggest game

The fixtures always say Saturday, until they actually have a specific match and details to change it!

Stand alone, final game of the year, why have the B and C grade GFs after your A grade GF? Makes most sense to finish the year with the biggest game
So the players can do a Silly Sunday instead of Mad Monday and not have to take the day off! Duh 😂😂😂

Last round of a great season....
Collegians to sneak into the four with a 10 point win
Old Brighton by 105 points
Uni Blues by 40 points
SKOB by 35 points
De La Salle by 23 points

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My tips in early so you all have a fighting chance, all the best for the weekend
Old Brighton
Uni Blues
Skobs
Xavs
De la

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Flat, last weeks result on paper didn’t suggest ‘cooked’
Lots of injuries?

Hipp, they were playing a team fighting relegation. Sure De La tried, but they are not that flash. Colls havent had a 1st ruckman for 2 years.
Injuries, VFL, OS travel etc...all teams have these issues (some more than others) so that's no excuse either. There is a fair bit of luck involved
during a year when trying to get the best cattle on the paddock.

Cant agree ML.....Colls are "cooked" for 2019. Hope Im wrong...
Ferguson and Boucher coming back in might have a bit to say about that on Saturday FF.....keep the faith....OX as good as their season has been have been suspect against the top sides this year....since they thrashed Old Brighton in Round 5 here is their record against the other top sides...

Round 6 v Uni Blues - Lost by 35 Points (were down by as much as 60 in the 3rd quarter)
Round 8 v Collegians - Won by 15 Points (were down by 28 Points late in the 3rd quarter)
Round 12 v SKOB - Lost by 40 Points (were down by as much as 70 in the 3rd quarter)
Round 13 v Uni Blues - Lost by 63 points
Round 17 v Old Brighton - Lost by 60 points (were down by as much as 100 points in the 3rd quarter)

They've got nothing to play for again this weekend....Bewick hasn't played since Rd 14....Hams coming off a concussion two weeks ago....will they even play this weekend? They'll probably rest a couple of others as well...Going to be close you would think...The Lions do have a hoodoo at Toorak Park though....lost their last six out there....!

Ferguson and Boucher coming back in might have a bit to say about that on Saturday FF.....keep the faith....OX as good as their season has been have been suspect against the top sides this year....since they thrashed Old Brighton in Round 5 here is their record against the other top sides...

Round 6 v Uni Blues - Lost by 35 Points (were down by as much as 60 in the 3rd quarter)
Round 8 v Collegians - Won by 15 Points (were down by 28 Points late in the 3rd quarter)
Round 12 v SKOB - Lost by 40 Points (were down by as much as 70 in the 3rd quarter)
Round 13 v Uni Blues - Lost by 63 points
Round 17 v Old Brighton - Lost by 60 points (were down by as much as 100 points in the 3rd quarter)

They've got nothing to play for again this weekend....Bewick hasn't played since Rd 14....Hams coming off a concussion two weeks ago....will they even play this weekend? They'll probably rest a couple of others as well...Going to be close you would think...The Lions do have a hoodoo at Toorak Park though....lost their last six out there....!

My hopes were rising until I read your last 2 lines..............

Uni Blues have rested 11 players! I've gone to early with my tip there!
Make that 15 they are resting....
Taylor, Capra, Lappin, O’Shea, Buchanan, Russell, J Carr, D Batarillo, T Harper, Mugavin, Cordy, R Young, T Young, Hinkley and Macula!

Hopefully the VAFA will do the live webcast of the Woodrow Medal and the VAFA Premier Grand Final on the Carnival radio station and VAFATV this year.

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back