Cars & Transportation Vent about all things traffic

Remove this Banner Ad

Worst I'll do is beep and swear to them myself.

Flipping someone off etc is encouraging a fight, way too risky for me.
See, I get that almost everyone else takes the finger as the gravest insult, but honestly, I feel like it was about the least offensive thing I did to my mate Full Load. I'm against the grain here, but I've never seen the big deal about the finger. When I was growing up, it was pretty much a term of endearment and I didn't have a rough upbringing by any means, would have a routine of exchanging the bird with mates' dads whenever we saw each other for a laugh..

But, you know as someone who'd choose flight over fight nine times out of ten, I was ready to let the chips fall where they may. Not saying it was right or anything, but you can't always take the high road. F*** him.

Worst I'll do is beep and swear to them myself.

Flipping someone off etc is encouraging a fight, way too risky for me.
yeah years ago I had a guy pull half out of driveway into punt road

like blocking traffic so they stopped and he could drive

i gave him the finger because he did it right in front of me and nearly caused an accident

he chased me to let me know I was being very antisocial with that behavior, unlike him stopping traffic and almost causing a car accident

dude was in a convertible merc had the old advertising exec pony tail and everything

I've used the horn a bit latey .
Stopped about 4 people who clearly can't look both ways from smashing into me.

One thing that shits me .
Left lane is closed ahead insteed of moving to the right lane and drive at 40 or less ,mostly less.
Zoom down the left lane and push in...get Fed.

2 lanes merging into 1. Instead of zippering like normal people do, the moron behind me decides to speed up and stay alongside me (her front wheel alongside my rear wheel) which nearly causes a 5 car pileup when I have to move over due to a parked car in front of me and she has to hit the brakes. Merge like a human and this won't happen.

When I'm waiting at a T intersection. Giving way to a car and waiting to turn right. I could probably go if I was a little more erratic or play it safe and just wait. But then that car puts on its indicator to turn right themselves. Which entails them to slow down, me wait longer and often by that stage more cars appear and I'm stuck waiting. Couldn't the car indicate a bit earlier to let me know I don't need to wait ajd I have plenty of time to go. People indicate way too late. Which just holds everything up. If I can see there's plenty of time I'll indicate earlier and give them time to just go

A guy doing 40 in a 70 zone. Couldn’t get around him because every one in the other lanes know how to drive.

I tooted him to give a little nudge. He proceeded to abuse me at every red light we both caught down plenty road for 10 minutes.

If I see a P plater driving, especially a young woman, I'll jump out of my car in front of them, walk up to their car and try to open their door so that I can assure them I'm no threat

I've used the horn a bit latey .
Stopped about 4 people who clearly can't look both ways from smashing into me.

One thing that shits me .
Left lane is closed ahead insteed of moving to the right lane and drive at 40 or less ,mostly less.
Zoom down the left lane and push in...get Fed.

My son on L plates gets really close to the car in front.
Without me saying anything he says, "to make sure that arsehole coming down the left doesn't push in ".

Without me saying anything he says, "to make sure that ******** coming down the left doesn't push in ".
Gordon Ramsay Reaction GIF by Hell's Kitchen

Without me saying anything he says, "to make sure that ******** coming down the left doesn't push in ".

Well good and bad ....

Los Angeles Hello GIF by LA Clippers

If you had of said something...

He might of said "that arse hole pushed in right in front of me "

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Starting out with the right attitude. Your rights supercede everyone else's.

Or... you could not be the ******** and let him in.

Starting out with the right attitude. Your rights supercede everyone else's.

Or... you could not be the a-hole and let him in.

It was the situation as described by rocker. The left lane was blocked , everyone had merged nicely into the lane that continued, but of course some campaigners think its ok to drive right up to the block then force their way in front of those who had merged correctly. The A-Hole was the guy who couldn't merge like everyone else.

Sadly he's had a fair bit of experience with people who think the "L Plater" is a good target to push in front of.

He's even seen people come up the emergency lane and choose to push in front of him.

Last edited:
It was the situation as described by rocker. The left lane was blocked , everyone had merged nicely into the lane that continued, but of course some campaigners think its ok to drive right up to the block then force their way in front of those who had merged correctly. The A-Hole was the guy who couldn't merge like everyone else.

Sadly he's had a fair bit of experience with people who think the "L Plater" is a good target to push in front of.

He's even seen people come up the emergency lane and choose to push in front of him.

Seems to be road works happening everywhere.
We drove to Wilson prom road works on the other side of the city...
Well they had signs out ....no work.

But quiet a few think its in thier right to bully poeple out of the right lane.

One guy going off chops at me .
Fuuu man give 15 seconds to pass a car ...
Where's the fire.

If I see a P plater driving, especially a young woman, I'll jump out of my car in front of them, walk up to their car and try to open their door so that I can assure them I'm no threat
When I drink and drive, I drive twice the speed limit so I'm drinking and driving for less time, therefore making the roads safer

Yeah, apologies, emergency lane is not on. Unless it’s dangerous. You never know what some people will do. I just crumble 😒

Seems as towns and cities get bigger and bigger.
They can't keep up .

Bit of poor planning I feel.

When they built the freeway through Hallam , joining the M1 and south gippsland freeways, they planned an overpass so that people coming up Sth Gippsland from Cranbourne direction, could turn right towards packenham.
They announced that they needed to save money and they didn't really need that overpass.
So now there is gridlock through Hallam, and it takes forever to get on the freeway at Belgrave-Hallam road.

Everywhere you see fairly recent intersections that have turning lanes that are far too short for the volume of traffic, so the turning traffic is out on the main road blocking it.

When they talk about whether we need an "east west link " or not , i don't believe any of them actually know.
I see no evidence that they know road planning.

Should be ok as long as everyone else doesn’t start doing it too

Used to be a thing on youtube about why its safer to speed.

Car travelling the speed limit approached roundabout , fails to give way and crashes.
Repeat scenario , speeds to roundabout, gets there well before the other car so doesn't crash. :D

It seems to be gone now.

A guy doing 40 in a 70 zone. Couldn’t get around him because every one in the other lanes know how to drive.

I tooted him to give a little nudge. He proceeded to abuse me at every red light we both caught down plenty road for 10 minutes.
There are two things drivers need to know: the road rules and road etiquette. There seems to be two types of campaigners on the road these days the race car driver and the one who thinks they’re the only one on the road. Both are totally oblivious to rules and etiquette.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back