VFL VFL 2024 - Geelong & the greater league

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure they were the best of friends last week when Hardie ignored teammates calling him to block for Parfitt

And wonder if others could potentially be frustrated also

A couple of behinds ago Hardie was the 30m out defender in our forward line, and while looking to make something of a defensive effort, as soon as the cleared the half forward area he was back into jogging mode

As soon as the ball was turned over on the defensive side of the square, he turns and runs goal-ward, calling for a 50m kick over the top

Would have been good to instead see him present towards the ball carrier and be an option for a kick in the centre square, and be involved in a ball movement

You’ve got a real vendetta against Hardie.

Posting observations from the game isn't a vendetta

I also posted comments of other players where they likely would want to replay passages of play also

Never seen so many write off someone featuring so prominently in league coaches voting as much as pockets of this board have with Hardie. Starting to appear as though there's a want for failure.

I don't even want that for BP.

I only saw 2nd, 3rd, and a little of the 4th quarters, but I thought Knevitt played well. If I remember correctly, he was at a few CBs and didn't seem out of place. Could be he's developing an inside game, which would be handy.

Willis has some serious tricks up his sleeves but didn't seem to get near it once they pushed him into the midfield?
I am really hoping Knevitt is a sneaky chance for a call up - maybe even next week.

Now that might be harsh on Hardie but in terms of Knevitt being able to play wing and pinch hit in the middle I think a spot might open up. To me 2E needs to be managed out of the best 23…and we might find Dempsey going back to being mainly forward (ie. we can only have one of Rohan or Henry in forward line) so Knevitt could be seen as good running Wing option…

Don’t know - maybe I am just being hopeful as I am a fan of his

Posting observations from the game isn't a vendetta

I also posted comments of other players where they likely would want to replay passages of play also

You say “posting observations”, I say cherry picking one passage of play. Tomato, tomato.

I am really hoping Knevitt is a sneaky chance for a call up - maybe even next week.

Now that might be harsh on Hardie but in terms of Knevitt being able to play wing and pinch hit in the middle I think a spot might open up. To me 2E needs to be managed out of the best 23…and we might find Dempsey going back to being mainly forward (ie. we can only have one of Rohan or Henry in forward line) so Knevitt could be seen as good running Wing option…

Agree. He does a lot of important things every week. Rarely makes an error.

I'd still love Hardie to get a run, regardless of his virtues or faults, but I think (as much as any of us outsiders can) that Knevitt's flexibility might put him near the top of the pecking order for anyone coming into the senior team.

If Cameron becames a semi-permanent winger it makes it harder to come in just on that role, so having someone who can rotate through the middle would be handy, which is hopefully why they're getting him in there.

I'm still bullish on Knev!

Never seen so many write off someone featuring so prominently in league coaches voting as much as pockets of this board have with Hardie. Starting to appear as though there's a want for failure.

Parfitt for a recall then is what I'm hearing

Is there a chance we may see Mitch Edwards in the VFL this year? I know they said 1 week on the most recent injury list but he hasn’t been in the injury list all year has he?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm pretty sure that the way cats structure their salary cap prevents them playing to many players that get match payments on top of their contract. This would include all non established players so while Dempsey, Mullin, Neale, Conway play AFL there's no room for others such as Hardie to play. Late in season there'll be more chance to play as their salary cap position becomes clearer.

The votes told the story of the game. Geelong dominating midfield and Blight in defence for the Tigers holding back the tide.

Clohesy continuing his great form, Parfitt still putting in after being dropped to the VFL and Stevens looking much more assured than early in the season.

View attachment 2011084
Stevens is coming along very nicely. He certainly looked very slow early on, but on the weekend he moves well from contest to contest, and has a nice left hand handball on him as well.

Noticed Furphy had 9 HOs - did his leap/ruck craft look promising? Reasonable with ball in hand and by foot?
I thought he looked like a young bloke with a very competitive nature that resulted in an aggressive attack on the ball/contest. Basketball background likely to mean his ball skills in traffic are likely to be top end. His ruck skills looked alright. Overall I was impressed and thought there was a fair bit to work with. Kicking looked like it will never be a strong suit.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back