VFL VFL: Elimination Final - Sandringham v Port Melbourne -

Remove this Banner Ad

lRSbs2D.png

o5uAlDh.png
Those tackles would be significantly pleasing if I were head coach of a football club.

Okearney interests me I really like the look of him but IMO I think he only makes it as a full time mid.. Do we think hes good enough to make it into that rotation ?

I saw him play for the first time today, on that basis I absolutely wouldn't rule him out. Knows how to find the footy and seems to have pretty good decision making and disposal. Also doesn't shy away from the tough stuff even though he's a bit light for it still. Give him another two years on the rookie list and see how much he can progress, but certainly doesn't look like a waste of rookie pick 5.

Longer's game very promising, maybe not a wasted year for him after all. 6 tackles pretty solid. Even took a few marks!

Sinclair's 10 tackles fantastic, and he was good with the footy in hand as always.

Rice looked OK, though I'd like him to get more of the footy.

Pierce barely holds his own even at VFL level, I think he's got a long long way to go.

Interesting questions now on Shenton, Templeton, Lee, and I guess Murdoch and maybe Minch. Surely a couple of them have to go but none of them have really earned delisting. Finding a trade would be the fairest thing.

Longer's game very promising, maybe not a wasted year for him after all. 6 tackles pretty solid. Even took a few marks!

Sinclair's 10 tackles fantastic, and he was good with the footy in hand as always.

Rice looked OK, though I'd like him to get more of the footy.

Pierce barely holds his own even at VFL level, I think he's got a long long way to go.

Interesting questions now on Shenton, Templeton, Lee, and I guess Murdoch and maybe Minch. Surely a couple of them have to go but none of them have really earned delisting. Finding a trade would be the fairest thing.
Thought Lewis showed plenty. Probably should have had 3 goals. Billy wouldn't do that in a 600 game career! Billy more physical, Lewis' movement helps him to add more pressure slightly away from drop of the ball. By the way, thought Billy was fantastic. He's renewed my belief in him.

I saw him play for the first time today, on that basis I absolutely wouldn't rule him out. Knows how to find the footy and seems to have pretty good decision making and disposal. Also doesn't shy away from the tough stuff even though he's a bit light for it still. Give him another two years on the rookie list and see how much he can progress, but certainly doesn't look like a waste of rookie pick 5.
Personally, I think he's never going to be able to build on that frame enough and then doesn't have enough other tricks to account for that. But I completely agree on what he is now. Hopefully he can add that extra bulk. Clever, good runner, generally neat with the ball.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Personally, I think he's never going to be able to build on that frame enough and then doesn't have enough other tricks to account for that. But I completely agree on what he is now. Hopefully he can add that extra bulk. Clever, good runner, generally neat with the ball.

I'm not sure about that... I reckon NOK's physique has noticeably changed over the course of the season. He's still pretty skinny but nowhere near the twig that he was during pre season.

I had a beer with lonie Saturday night at the bay in morno, the kid had girls lining up around the corner.

My daughter who is only a year younger than him was in the Royal Children's when he came in during the appeal at the start of his first season,
Silly girl did her best "cool and disinterested " impression. Mind you she wasn't at her most glamorous, but she should think about her father and how much he wants a listed StKilda son-in law.

Sinclair has turned himself into a tackling machine in the VFL.

I was really happy with Eli's game as well. Didn't have huge stats but was copping a lot of attention and got some good quality touches. I think we'd be silly to delist him at seasons end, has shown a lot of improvement at VFL level at least, deserves another year.

I was really happy with Eli's game as well. Didn't have huge stats but was copping a lot of attention and got some good quality touches. I think we'd be silly to delist him at seasons end, has shown a lot of improvement at VFL level at least, deserves another year.

I was under the impression Eli still had another year to go on his contract.

Although it's not like we have plenty of poor players and options for delisting, I would have thought Eli was safe as houses right now. Could be part of a trade of course, but absolutely no delisting possibility.

Although it's not like we have plenty of poor players and options for delisting, I would have thought Eli was safe as houses right now. Could be part of a trade of course, but absolutely no delisting possibility.
You'd think Murdoch etc would get the flick before Eli..

wxactly, how many times was he first emergency this year and didnt play for that week? 5 or 6 times?

You'd think Murdoch etc would get the flick before Eli..
Without question. Panther's VFL form has been terrific, but it's a looking forward exercise, and he'd be in front of Eli as well. That's 6 off the list (potentially). The kid is 21, interrupted year or two, and has been consistently high quality at VFL. He might not make it, but I suspect that would be through depth not because he's not good enough.

Without question. Panther's VFL form has been terrific, but it's a looking forward exercise, and he'd be in front of Eli as well. That's 6 off the list (potentially). The kid is 21, interrupted year or two, and has been consistently high quality at VFL. He might not make it, but I suspect that would be through depth not because he's not good enough.

I have thought about why Eli doesn't see to be able to show his VFL form at AFL level and I reckon it's his game style. In the VFL he's much more able to front run with out having to mind an opponent. He's not quick so doesn't shut down space like Lonie etc. He's having to play as a defensive forward often which highlights his weaknesses. He's really suited to an inside outside mid role but is behind too many might now. Hard to know if he can adapt his game or is trusted with time on the ball but he's capable. If you are a fringe player you really have to have a multiple dimensional game or you can miss your opportunity.

Remove this Banner Ad

VFL VFL: Elimination Final - Sandringham v Port Melbourne -

Remove this Banner Ad

Back