2nds VFL Megathread - Latest game = Rd 4 vs Northern Blues at Preston Oval 14/4/12

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Saturday 17/3/12 vs Geelong @ Kardinia Park 11:15am

Don't think any of our injured players will be playing in round 1 then. Only if they play in the VFL next week but even then I don't think they'll be picked to play against Hawthorn.

Don't think any of our injured players will be playing in round 1 then. Only if they play in the VFL next week but even then I don't think they'll be picked to play against Hawthorn.

It's hard to play in the VFL next week when we have a bye to open the season.:mad:

Last year it screwed us late in the year, this year the VFL fixture has screwed us early, would have loved to give some of our under done players a run (with AFL permission) next week in round 1 of the VFL. A positive is that the Cats have a bye too, we might play them again next week.:D

Oh I just figured we were playing next week because I was watching Fox Sports and the reporter said we'd be playing Didak and Johnson in the VFL next week. Well that sucks so they will definitely not be playing in round 1 then.

Swooop and TD signing in from Cat Stadium, perfect day for footy.

They've got 12 listed players on their sheet, we've got nine -though haven't seen Buckley yet.

QT - Geelong 3.1.19 Pies 2.2.14 goals to Ugle and Mooney

Witts not done a lot so far, he's rucking and got few taps though not to any great advantage so far.

Hartley looks like a player, he'll be good I reckon.

Anyhow, i'll put TD on give his insights...

Da Man is Here. Well 1st Report is that the Perving is not as good as last time.

Cats have a way Stronger Side then we have out there so I think they will get up.

Hartley looks good early. Ceglar is competing very well and Mooney is up and about.

Ugle looks a class aboce when he has Ball in Hand.

Witts has hardly seend the Ball.

Will be back for Half Time Report

It's hard to play in the VFL next week when we have a bye to open the season.:mad:

Last year it screwed us late in the year, this year the VFL fixture has screwed us early, would have loved to give some of our under done players a run (with AFL permission) next week in round 1 of the VFL. A positive is that the Cats have a bye too, we might play them again next week.:D

Three years ago our VFL side played Old Scotch at Gosch's Paddock.

Clearly remember Leigh Brown playing there.

We'll be playing someone, somewhere.

Oh I just figured we were playing next week because I was watching Fox Sports and the reporter said we'd be playing Didak and Johnson in the VFL next week. Well that sucks so they will definitely not be playing in round 1 then.

Good comment.

You can write off beams, Tazza, Dids, BJ, Woody and now Maxy as playing Rd 1.

I suspect not even rd 2...maybe rd 3

Anyway this thread is about VFL game...will find injury thread and place comments there.

They've got 12 listed players on their sheet, we've got nine -though haven't seen Buckley yet.
I was reading Luke Mason's chat, sounds like Buckley has been bombing the ball out of defense and was also caught holding the ball in front of goal. He's playing, he has a different number today.

I was reading Luke Mason's chat, sounds like Buckley has been bombing the ball out of defense and was also caught holding the ball in front of goal. He's playing, he has a different number today.
Im fairly sure he said he was wearing number 35.

Yeah, just figured he's in 35 though listed as 27.

Cats kicked away a bit now three goals in front 8.4 to 5.4

Mooney has three, including the last a trade mark road runner impersonation to break clear.

Ugle is a cat-like athlete, at one stage he stumbled and went as fast crawling as the t=other guys then regained his feet without losing any ground at all - extraordinary really.

Hartley was playing on AFL listed kid Joshua Walker and going very well.

Stubbs hasn't done much to impress yet, and when I did find Simon Buckley and watched him a bit, he didn't look to be working hard enough off the ball to get into good position.

Young's got a bit of it but not dominant at all.

Ceglar has done some good things in the ruck and around the ground, def looks ahead of the behemoth at this stage.

Anyway, now for the truth ...

and nothing but the Truth.

Well I have comeback from my Half-Time Piss.

Well we are getting beaten around the Ground but still in with a Show.

Ceglar probably been BOG along with Ugle and Mooney who has kicked 3.

Shae been usless and Stubbs looks like just playing out his Contract.

Hartley has been Solid.

Lachlan Wallace has been Turnover King Today.

One of our VFL Players got a Dirty Hit from Geelong Player but there was 50 and the Cat player got Reported.

Hopefully we can make a Comeback but I am not holding my Breth.

Balmey just sitting near us

God Buckley even Sucks at VFL Level. Total List Clogger. - Dave Posting Here

Mooney has three, including the last a trade mark road runner impersonation to break clear.

Ugle is a cat-like athlete, at one stage he stumbled and went as fast crawling as the t=other guys then regained his feet without losing any ground at all - extraordinary really.

really liking the sound of this

I just wanted to reiterate that I claimed as my boy in the Melbourne match day discussion thread pre-game before anyone else had jumped on :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well 3QT, TD's gone for a bucket of chips, must be exhausted after his one man Pie cheer squad impersonation.

I'm fielding a lot of looks from turned heads in our direction...few unhappy pussies round here.

Score Cats 9.10.64 Pies 8.4.52

Few of the non listed kids prominent that qtr Will De Bruin did good things kicked a nice goal, Brede Seccull, Ricky Ferraro and Matthew Boland all very busy.

Witts rucked a lot that qtr and showed a real mix.

Used his body very well a few times and nice palms down the rover's throat.
But looks heavy limbed and slow a lot of the time.
Work in progress definitely.

Don't like being negative, Buckley should be working his arse off...but he isn't, more the reverse really.

Here's TD...

Have a Quick Work while I am eating my $5 Chips.

Witts had a very good 3rd QTR and Ceglar is still doing very well.

Though Buckley and Young are Sucking the Place Up Big Time. Buckley not working Harde Enough and Young looks Lost.

Mooney is bloody Quick and always buzzing around.

God the Cats fans think it's a GF how they are Barracking.

Ugle Looking Good Still

WEll better get back to the Game I have a Full Time Report Some Time Today.

Didn't notice many TBH but I've been mainly watching Buckley, Hartley and Witts that third qtr.

TD didn't notice much from Stubbs either.

Hartley looks commanding at times

According to the live chat Stubbs is getting lots of possessions. Do you still say he is no good?

No one really needs to be reminded of this but Jaxon Barham could get 25-30 touches on his ear in the VFL. Gaining the ball with regularity is one thing, doing something usefull with it is a different matter. Unfortunately Young is also in a similar position...

FT Cats 12.14.86 d Pies 9.7.61

Was a bit like seniors yesterday one team was always better than the other.

Batteries running low but Hartley and Mooney lot to like, Ceglar could fill in AFL at a pinch.

TD's best Ceglar Ugle Mooney and Hartley.

Anyhow enjoyable day, copped some of the best dirty looks I've had for a while, Cats fans couldn't see each of the 450 frees TD called for ;)

Anyhow enjoyable day, copped some of the best dirty looks I've had for a while, Cats fans couldn't see each of the 450 frees TD called for ;)
Someone should sponsor Dave, your company would get more exposure then you would ever dream of, people are always looking at Dave whenever he's at a match.;):D

Sounds like mooney is just growing in leaps and bounds!

Can you see him playing AFL this year TD + Swoop?

Mooney AFL outside chance.
He's a rookie but potentially two spots already though it sounds like the club isn't writing off Krak and Caff 100% yet
Still he could go up to fill list and down again

Ability wise though I'd say yes though he is learning the game
Huge potential next year or two

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back