VFL VFL pre-season 2025 (list changes, updates)

Remove this Banner Ad

how much would you want to pay a player like Ruscoe, to relocate his life from his home state of WA back to Victoria?
To then play at a club who don't rate you and delisted you?
They need to recruit 5 or 6 options who can offer some mature bodies and leadership for the team. Whether Ruscoe or someone else

how much would you want to pay a player like Ruscoe, to relocate his life from his home state of WA back to Victoria?
To then play at a club who don't rate you and delisted you?
Play with Mates

I forgot all about him.
Yeah, he played a couple good games in march-april, then did a foot injury. Was meant to come back by July, but was never back in full training and kinda disappeared. I assume he had a setback, but no idea if he is coming back. Guess we'll see soon if he turns up at pre-season training

Yeah, he played a couple good games in march-april, then did a foot injury. Was meant to come back by July, but was never back in full training and kinda disappeared. I assume he had a setback, but no idea if he is coming back. Guess we'll see soon if he turns up at pre-season training
Yeah I remember him early until he got injured.

But had simply forgot about him altogether since then 🥴

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There could be potentially 9-10 vacant spots. More players may look for more senior opportunity. Who knows whether Sofronidis is coming back to VFL either.

Sofronidis was back playing for Collegians later in the season and played in their finals. To me it looks like he's gone back to playing with them. He was only signed to us for the 2024 season. I wouldn't expect he is coming back....

Sofronidis was back playing for Collegians later in the season and played in their finals. To me it looks like he's gone back to playing with them. He was only signed to us for the 2024 season. I wouldn't expect he is coming back....
Spoke to a friend of his, said he is coming back to the vfl.
Will be interesting to see who else is staying

Spoke to a friend of his, said he is coming back to the vfl.
Will be interesting to see who else is staying
We know Tom Wilson is, at least! Sofronidis certainly should be prepared to give it another year, since he attracted interest from both Collingwood and Essendon (AFL clubs) in the pre-season, and he surely owes it to himself to try again. He was very unlucky with that injury. Jedd Longmire is still very young, so I'd be surprised (and annoyed) if he's packed it in and headed home! I'm pretty sure we had him in the leadership group (despite his youth), and he was rated some sort of a draft prospect in recent times, so if he's only playing country footy in 2025 that would be disappointing!

We know Tom Wilson is, at least! Sofronidis certainly should be prepared to give it another year, since he attracted interest from both Collingwood and Essendon (AFL clubs) in the pre-season, and he surely owes it to himself to try again. He was very unlucky with that injury. Jedd Longmire is still very young, so I'd be surprised (and annoyed) if he's packed it in and headed home! I'm pretty sure we had him in the leadership group (despite his youth), and he was rated some sort of a draft prospect in recent times, so if he's only playing country footy in 2025 that would be disappointing!
Yeah Sofronidis prob gives it one more yeah, he turns 26 next year and thats prob the cutoff date if you're gonna be picked up or not

Screenshot_20241026_232611_Instagram.jpg

Not sure if this means he will still play for our VFL side, if selected?

Yes, they did say something similar a year ago, so hopefully he'll still be playing for our VFL side!:
View attachment 2152394
If preseason starts the same time as the afl (week of nov 11 or so) then I'll keep an eye out who is at vfl training

Remove this Banner Ad

VFL VFL pre-season 2025 (list changes, updates)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back