2nds VFL Round 17 - Bendigo Bombers v Geelong, Windy Hill, 2:00PM Sunday 24 July

Remove this Banner Ad

RaptorRoj

Senior List
Mar 5, 2011
Werribee
AFL Club
Geelong
B
T. Hunt Gillies Firman
HB
MacKie McLean Milburn
C
Byrnes T. Selwood Motlop
HF
S. Johnson Mooney Duncan
F
Simpkin B. Johnson Menzel
R
Simpson Hogan Cowan
Int
Bathie Corrigan Guthrie Burbury Horlin-Smith Bews* Sheringham Schroder Phillips Stringer Raidme Weston Walker

I'm tipping one or two players won't play either being rested or late changes.. even if you don't look at Sheringham or Phillips, there are 10 players (incl. Raidme and Corrigan) battling for 8 spots in the side with the balance of height needed

Re: Geelong vs Bendigo Bombers - windy hill - Sunday, 24th July at 2pm

B
T. Hunt Gillies Firman
HB
MacKie McLean Milburn
C
Byrnes T. Selwood Motlop
HF
S. Johnson Mooney Duncan
F
R
Simpson Hogan Cowan
Int
Bathie Corrigan Guthrie Burbury Horlin-Smith Bews* Sheringham Schroder Phillips Stringer Raidme Weston Walker

I'm tipping one or two players won't play either being rested or late changes.. even if you don't look at Sheringham or Phillips, there are 10 players (incl. Raidme and Corrigan) battling for 8 spots in the side with the balance of height needed

Will you be there RR? If so could you keep an eye on young Bews for me.

B
T. Hunt Gillies Firman
HB
MacKie McLean Milburn
C
Byrnes T. Selwood Motlop
HF
S. Johnson Mooney Duncan
F
R
Simpson Hogan Cowan
Int

Jeez
That side would beat Port!

I dont get to go to many AFL games, so will be at the Telstra Dome ;) but if its game over at half time and we are up by 10gls, i'll try to get to windy hill for at least the last quarter and a bit

I'm going Ill keep an eye out for you...he was suppose to play last week but they say he hurt himself 2 weeks ago but I bet it was because it was a televised game

I dont get to go to many AFL games, so will be at the Telstra Dome ;) but if its game over at half time and we are up by 10gls, i'll try to get to windy hill for at least the last quarter and a bit
Don't get too cocky there RR, the Tiges may well be tougher opposition than you give them credit for. If they're on it will be far from a walk in the park. Particularly as we're not exactly in sparkling form presently.

That is a very strong side indeed.

Bathie ought to be in the starting 18 given his very good game last week, although no doubt he will play because the selected team has no second ruckman so he'll need to pinch hit there as he has done a few times this year.

Ammo Man, defnitely not getting cocky. I'm expecting Richmond to fire back and bring it to Geelong this Sunday. I was just putting forward that's probably the only way I'll get to see any of the VFL.

Don't get too cocky there RR, the Tiges may well be tougher opposition than you give them credit for. If they're on it will be far from a walk in the park. Particularly as we're not exactly in sparkling form presently.

He said "if it's game over"

Ammo Man, defnitely not getting cocky. I'm expecting Richmond to fire back and bring it to Geelong this Sunday. I was just putting forward that's probably the only way I'll get to see any of the VFL.

Yeah, I know you're quite moderate and considered in your views. Just a friendly reminder to one or two not to count our chickens as we're not exactly firing on all cylinders at present.

I'm quite happy to sit out games when we have them in hand. Much less stressful than when we're struggling.:eek: Enjoy the game. Hope your give us a post game write-up. They always make for good reading.

He said "if it's game over"
Um! I know. And your point is?

So will menzel and thunt play 2's then?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So will menzel and thunt play 2's then?

Unless there's a late change to seniors, yes.

Senior game starts first so they won't have to hold an emergency over.

No idea - doesn't appear that we have any BF followers at the game.

Scores (and only the scores) available on the VFL website - should be updated later with other details, I guess.

Not even any Bombers fans giving regular updates on their BF site.

I watched the first half. Game was very scrappy and we missed some very easy shots on goal. I was a disappointed with Dawson's rucking, he seemed to struggle to get his hands on it at the centre bounce. Moons was the major target up forward and was by far the most dangerous forward to the point where the Bombers dropped a second guy back on him during the second quarter. Taylor Hunt was going along pretty well.

Thanks, Jimpson.

Sounds disappointing for us - seemd like a reasonably strong team out, and Bombers fans suggested their team was incredibly undermanned.

Remove this Banner Ad

2nds VFL Round 17 - Bendigo Bombers v Geelong, Windy Hill, 2:00PM Sunday 24 July

Remove this Banner Ad

Back