WA/Daylight Saving: To Join The 21st Century Or To Not, Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

in response to the two above... I have always said that the people that DLS really hurts is those people who get up for a pre work surf, or round of golf, or whatever. The 1st couple of hours of light really are the best time of day in Perth in summer, and I genuinely feel for folks who miss out. Fishing too.

I really don;t care if DLS goes, I jsut don;t see there is any really valid argument against it. I mean I have two kids under 3 and we don;t want to strangle our kids.

Really to enjoy perth you should be up at dawn, have a siesta, and enjoy the evening. Sadly our lifestyle will never accomodate the sensible siesta.

That’s where your wrong funkyfreo, DLS will be decided by people like me who start work early, mothers who want to strangle their little darlings, retirees who really don’t give a shit anyway but are smart enough to sort through the BS.

Those who are passionately in favour of DLS ( like eagle87 ) would never get out of bed before 7.00 am and that is why I asked the question “what time does every one start work?” And guess what? No reply !!!

Not passionate on DLS....just passionately dislike stupidity.

Get up between 5.30 and 6 pretty much every day....

Work until about 7 and then a couple of hours later on at night.

Pass your test?
:rolleyes:

...and in July it was 5.20 v Octobers 6.40 ... how did you cope with that???? (and yes I realise what you said but you are "anti" and we know why you posted)

The number of days between midwinter and the start of DLS: about 100

The number of days between the start of DLS and my post: 17.

I wonder why one's much more noticeable than the other?

Not passionate on DLS....just passionately dislike stupidity.

Get up between 5.30 and 6 pretty much every day....

Work until about 7 and then a couple of hours later on at night.

Pass your test?
:rolleyes:

We agree on one thing, I passionately dislike stupidity and DLS is stupid.

What time do you become productive at you place of work?

Not really, you like DLS because it’s nice, I hate it because it affects my lifestyle.

So if it changes 1 minute a day, you can cope but if there is a one off 60 minute change in the middle its "difficult"?

One wonders how all those people in the rest of the Western world cope... perhaps you could ask them?

Honestly, the arguments in the last page or 2 from the anti-DLS people are almost back at "but the curtains fade" level.

in response to the two above... I have always said that the people that DLS really hurts is those people who get up for a pre work surf, or round of golf, or whatever. The 1st couple of hours of light really are the best time of day in Perth in summer, and I genuinely feel for folks who miss out. Fishing too.

I really don;t care if DLS goes, I jsut don;t see there is any really valid argument against it. I mean I have two kids under 3 and we don;t want to strangle our kids.

Really to enjoy perth you should be up at dawn, have a siesta, and enjoy the evening. Sadly our lifestyle will never accomodate the sensible siesta.

You like DLS because it’s nice, I hate it because it affects my lifestyle.

So if it changes 1 minute a day, you can cope but if there is a one off 60 minute change in the middle its "difficult"?

One wonders how all those people in the rest of the Western world cope... perhaps you could ask them?

Honestly, the arguments in the last page or 2 from the anti-DLS people are almost back at "but the curtains fade" level.
Talk about putting a spin on things.

He only mentioned he had "noticed" the longer evenings.

Is there some sort of major issue in your life that you are avoiding and instead you are focussing your attention on the smaller things such as this?

I hate daylight savings. Drive into the city in the morning. Sun in my eyes, Drive home and sun still in my eyes. At least when their was no daylight savings. The sun was above me in the morning and had set by the time im going home. I say the rest of us look at the advantages and dissdvantages and adopt a no DLS view and fall into trend with QLD and WA. Most in NSW,VIC,SA dont really care about it but want the entire country to be doing the same, but the 2 states that dont, know it is stupid. The only reason i can think that is positive for DLS is that their would be 1 hour more daylight so cricket test matches wont end early on a day due to lack of light. START AN HOUR EARLIER!

Talk about putting a spin on things.

He only mentioned he had "noticed" the longer evenings.

Is there some sort of major issue in your life that you are avoiding and instead you are focussing your attention on the smaller things such as this?

Sorry, and why are you here?

Oh thats right, you have a considered and intelligent contribution to make...one day....maybe....

Apologies for having a point of view, on a discussion forum, where one discusses things....

Idiot.

I was really for DLS when it came into reality.

Now that I have had it for the past 2 years, I not really fussed tbh. Doesnt make much difference to me and my familys lifestyle at all.

I have 2 little girls (4 and 2 1/2) and they sleep at 7pm regardless of light outside or not. (Good curtains always help ;) )

my wife and I will probably vote for it but it it doesnt happen we wont be upset.

Would prefer 7 day trading tbh.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry, and why are you here?

Oh thats right, you have a considered and intelligent contribution to make...one day....maybe....

Apologies for having a point of view, on a discussion forum, where one discusses things....

Idiot.
Merely wondering why you would spin such lies to make your point of view.

The heat no, but I've certainly noticed the extra long evenings already.

Actually, I said absolutely nothing about whether I was coping with the extra long evenings at all. Nothing. Just that I'd noticed them.

As for comparisons of the time of sunset between the start of November and now, well they're both within the DLS period. How about comparing with something relevant, like the time of sunset the day before DLS started? You know, about three weeks and it's changed from it being about 6.30 to 8.00?

I don't see one mention of the word "difficult" and he was merely making a point. You go on your whole "rest of the world rampage".

I can see you are crying out for help mate. No need to fight it :(

I don't see one mention of the word "difficult" and he was merely making a point. You go on your whole "rest of the world rampage".

I can see you are crying out for help mate. No need to fight it :(

I already addressed this.

Read Q's posts. He is anti-DLS and was responding to a series of posts from people claiming to be suffering from circadian rhythm problems.

He was stirring the pot.

But thanks for defending him. I'm sure he feels better.

...yes, its me who has problems... :rolleyes:

I prefer twilight and night during summer over extra light.

It's simply a lifestyle choice.

That's about all there is to it really.

it is still twilight and light pretty early.. it is not like 11pm twilight like in Scotland. But also I can see that it being dark at 9pm is no reason not to have mates around for a few beers.

it is still twilight and light pretty early.. it is not like 11pm twilight like in Scotland. But also I can see that it being dark at 9pm is no reason not to have mates around for a few beers.

sure, but I prefer it that way. That's all that matters

I also think there is more then enough time during summer to go the the beach after work, play with the kids or exercise. I don't require any 'extra' daylight.

It's a matter of prioritising your time. Every adult should be capable of doing it.

As I said earlier, Perth also already has about 25 minutes of natural daylight savings. If anything we should be adjusting our clocks by 30 minutes, not an hour.

What time do you become productive at you place of work?
No one from the pro camp wants to answer this question. Why???
I'm not asking you what time you wake up or what time you scratch your balls or stroke your member.
What time do you start work? Is it because the pro camp are all 9 - 5 office jockeys???

Remove this Banner Ad

WA/Daylight Saving: To Join The 21st Century Or To Not, Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back