WA/Daylight Saving: To Join The 21st Century Or To Not, Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Does anyone want to get a book going on what the no crowd's next inevitable group whine is going to be once this is all over (whichever way the referendum goes)?

Shopping hours? Young People? Boat People? Black People? City People? Electricity? The Wheel?

WA ROO said:
After seeing how targeting pro DLS candidates worked in the state election.With any luck DLS is dead in WA,until the proponents have another 14 yr whingefest.

Ironic, coming at the end of 200 posts of, well, whinging about DLS.;)

it's bloody annoying

Can't really get to sleep earlier than 10.30 at the moment

That's what I have against it. If you have to get to bed early and start early it's hard to get to sleep. In the bush where there is no see breeze some darkness is a bit of relief.

Whatever the result is it will be good to hear the end of it.

You'd be no older than 21 years old, but from reading this post, I'm assuming you earn upwards of $200K?

Well, I can't remember what the post was about, must have been months ago? But I am substantially older than 21 (almost double :eek:) and earning $200k+ is hardly that big an amount these days....

Does that help?

Well, I can't remember what the post was about, must have been months ago? But I am substantially older than 21 (almost double :eek:) and earning $200k+ is hardly that big an amount these days....

Does that help?

Golden Sky is a West Coast supporter with no idea about the significance of 87. You might need to explain it to him.

I don't know how your curtains and cows cope :(

Christ you are a tool. It might be ok for 9-5 office Johnys that like to go the the driving range or swim at the beach after work and students that get can up at lunchtime. Try getting up early for trade work away from the city and it's shit.

I'll send you a box of tissues when the 'no' vote comes in :)

don't know about the southern part of wa, but those in the north would be hating dls.

like us, i'm sure they get enough daylight throughout the year, without inflicting sun on them at 8.30 at night when it's hot and humid. night games in the NTFL would have to start about 8.30pm.

people in the tropics have good reasons for not wanting daylight saving. our sunrise and sunset times don't move too much, + we get plenty of sun in the winter when it's actually more pleasant to be outside doing things. not really important to give people more play time and move the sunrise to a more reasonable time.

Does anyone want to get a book going on what the no crowd's next inevitable group whine is going to be once this is all over (whichever way the referendum goes)?

Shopping hours? Young People? Boat People? Black People? City People? Electricity? The Wheel?

I love the way the "yes" crowd imply that anyone who votes "no" is doing it merely because they don't like change, rather than a considered decision that it's a bad idea.

(FWIW, on the other topic mentioned we had a referendum on recently, I voted "yes" for extended weekday trading hours and "no" for Sunday trading).

Christ you are a tool. It might be ok for 9-5 office Johnys that like to go the the driving range or swim at the beach after work and students that get can up at lunchtime. Try getting up early for trade work away from the city and it's shit.
wouldn't it be better as you work more in the morning when the temp is lower?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only deviants and sexual predators are pro Daylight Saving, pillars of the community such as myself find it abhorrent.

Country people are just anti Perth, and will vote to spite.

Either that or they don't like it.

I read on another forum: if you cut the bottom off a blanket and sow it to the top, do you have a longer blanket?

I've yet to hear a valid reason for screwing around with the clocks and I grew up with DLS over east.

What irks me is that the selfish pro-DLS crowd cant even fathom that other people have lifestyles that this legislation doesn't suit. It's like a particular food and telling people "WHAT? how you can NOT like it, I think it's wonderful".

I'm completely unimpressed that the previous government just threw it on us with a couple of weeks notice, despite THREE previous referendums saying no and I don't think it will stop until the yes crowd get their way.

I will be voting no.

WA is a bloody big state and there's a reason that DLS is not a feature in countries/states closer to the equator than the higher latitudes.

It's rubbish forcing this on people in the rest of the state just because a few chardy sippers curl into a fetal position when the sun sets.

How about Perth and nearby areas have daylight saving and the rest of WA not have daylight saving?

I think it's the only way it could get across the line.

Our major problem here is where the time zone is calculated from. For us, it is east of Kalgoorlie, for Sydney it is west of their city.

So what we have is sunset at 8:40 some days when Sydney has a sunset at 8:15. Why do we need so much more sunlight at the end of the day?

The sun sets over the Indian Ocean, in Sydney it disappears behind the mountains.

We already effectively have more day light in the evening without screwing around with the clocks, they're called seasons.

If you try an bring up the longitude issue with a pro-DLS person they just laugh and reckon you think the curtains will fade.

I love the way the "yes" crowd imply that anyone who votes "no" is doing it merely because they don't like change, rather than a considered decision that it's a bad idea.

(FWIW, on the other topic mentioned we had a referendum on recently, I voted "yes" for extended weekday trading hours and "no" for Sunday trading).

Why?

If you try an bring up the longitude issue with a pro-DLS person they just laugh and reckon you think the curtains will fade.

Strangely, I've always thought daylight saving would benefit those further inland in WA. Why would people in Kalgoorlie and Esperance want the sun to get up at 4.30am (or thereabouts)? :confused:

I'll send you a box of tissues when the 'no' vote comes in :)

Freaking oath. It's absolute misery getting up while it's still night.

They asked me what do you do in winter, it's still dark. I tell you what we do in winter, you tolerate it because there's this thing called seasons. There's always summer to look forward to. Now it's crap 52 weeks of the year.

Strangely, I've always thought daylight saving would benefit those further inland in WA. Why would people in Kalgoorlie and Esperance want the sun to get up at 4.30am (or thereabouts)? :confused:

Saying 4:30am is spin doctoring.

Sunrise today in Esperance was 6:10am. Without DLS it would be 5:10.

Brilliant if you're a farmer/tradie/truckie who needs to get into it early.

What irks me is that the selfish pro-DLS crowd cant even fathom that other people have lifestyles that this legislation doesn't suit. It's like a particular food and telling people "WHAT? how you can NOT like it, I think it's wonderful".

The selfish pro-DLS crowd is an interesting way of putting it.

What you are saying is : ".... and because I don't like that food, I am going to make sure you can't have it!..."

But thats not selfish?

We all need to simply agree that some like it, some don't and some on both sides are completely incapable of reason in respect of the topic.

Remove this Banner Ad

WA/Daylight Saving: To Join The 21st Century Or To Not, Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back