Toast Warren Tredrea - Elected to the Port Board (Football discussion only)

Remove this Banner Ad

He also said that the players demonstrated without doubt the coach has not lost the players.

Almost implying Port could not possibly move on Hinkley.

I'm sure there'll be some heavy duty schmoozing while the AFL media are gathered here this week... just to make sure they're all on board.
If the coach HASNT lost the players, and yet they sat 11th last year and 10th this year, then the coach must have nfi what they're doing.

Just listening to the podcast now. This absolutely nails it for me:

"There's a lot of progression and a lot of good things that have been done, but I do feel at certain times we've been stagnated by not being a ruthless club and making ruthless decisions".

Absolutely spot on.

Just listening to the podcast now. This absolutely nails it for me:

"There's a lot of progression and a lot of good things that have been done, but I do feel at certain times we've been stagnated by not being a ruthless club and making ruthless decisions".

Absolutely spot on.

I don't even think it is necessarily about being ruthless, but just having a basic level of accountability and competency. Whatever people think of Ken Hinkley, the results are very unique and not something we will see again in a competition where results should be the most important KPI measure. Especially with a footy media industry that generally is happy to jump at the chance to apply the blowtorch to other coaches for far less.

I have had people say to me "Ohh Ken will get another job somewhere else if he goes" I am sure he will get a job in some capacity, I have no doubt he has something to offer and he has done some good things at Port, no one disputes that. But I can guarantee if he gets another Senior coaching role he will not be entering his 11th season without a GF appearance on the back of two final wins in eight years.

For years we have had to listen to David Koch spruik about our wonderful football program. Well I am sorry David, but the results in the last decade do not match having a football program that is the envy of other clubs as you tell us.

The club has selective amnesia. They set KPIs, then when those are not met they don't want to be asked about them. Last year we had Coaches, players, officials talk about the expectation of challenging for a Premiership. We finish 11th and it is swept under the carpet. They manage to convince people we " finished the year strongly" I must have dreamt those four straight losses at the back end of the year.

If everything at Port Adelaide is as brilliant as this regime like to tell us then why would they not welcome a complete independent review of all operations? Surely that would confirm the job they are doing... But this is the same group who went hiding after the 2021 Prelim then didn't let members attend the AGM.

Club exists to win premierships and sets a goal three years ago to win 3 premierships in 5 years.

Koch, Hinkley, Richardson, Davies, and Jonas continue to have zero premierships between them despite hanging around the place forever, and look further away than ever from winning one.

Yet the only person who has captained the club to an AFL premiership is the obvious villain for trying to instil a skerrick of accountability for the statements those now bagging him made themselves.

Last edited:
I used to not bother with happy clappers, but I engage as often as possible now. They need to be made to defend their positions.

I came across another sterling insight from Field Marshal Happusclappüs — she who condemned Warren as responsible for the ‘CHOKERS’ label — the other day.

Rugswept the Showdown debacle as simply ‘beaten by a better side on the day’.

If that’s seriously the level of scrutiny they’re prepared to apply to their Donut Deity after all this time, why do we bother inking finite contracts and going to the trouble of delisting players at all?

Just let Hinkley coach for life until he dies at the age of 95 like a pope, and run with the same list of players until they don’t want to do it anymore — results are clearly irrelevant to job security.

He's made a point about everyone not discrediting what he said and just dismissing/calling him crazy.

Smashed a Kane thing when Kane said "people are hurt by his comments" he said that he agrees there are people putting in a lot of effort behind the scenes etc and there are good people, but it doesn't make them not accountable for results. Exactly!

He's also dispelled the myth about Kochie saving the club, said he's done all the research and that the deals brokered to save the club were all done by Duncanson and Haysman - not Koch. Said Koch has helped with Sponsorship, but he should not be credited with AO/Securing funding to survive.

He's also gone at the white noise thing, saying they can't call fans that and it's a big mistake and a big driver behind the anger at the moment. Says they need to be far more careful in the way they communicate with fans.
I've always credited Haysman with getting us to AO. He worked himself into the ground getting that done. One of the best things about that first game at AO in 2011 was seeing Haysman in the rooms celebrating after the game.

The next time one of these types starts defending Hinkley or suggesting Hinkley be reappointed I’d like them to be asked the following questions.
Would you take him at your club
And
Would you be happy with hinkleys previous 10 year record at your club.
I've had this conversation many times with supporters from other clubs, especially from mates over the border that reckon we're being harsh wanting him out.

Conversation goes like this

me: "Would you want him as coach at your club"

Them: "No"

Me: "Then don't you think that after us giving him 10+ years it's only fair and reasonable we look for a change"

Conversation usually changes pretty quick

From Fiveaa yesterday

Tredders reckons Caro didn't listen to his podcast at all. Which fuels my theory that Kane Cornes was behind Caro's arrow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm seriously yet to see a legit supporter on here side with Cornes over Tredders, yet for some reason Kane's voice gets given more validity in the media.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Warren Tredrea - Elected to the Port Board (Football discussion only)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back