Toast Warren Tredrea - Elected to the Port Board (Football discussion only)

Remove this Banner Ad

Tredders has done what has needed to be done since 2017. It's out there and cannot be retrieved. People are talking, scrutinising Hinkley (about time) and his performances and each loss will be magnified ( also about time). Eventually he'll be mocked for his carryon on the boundary when the siren went v Sydney. It was truly embarrassing. (I liken it to one - zero hand gesture when we finally won a showdown v Pyke). The outrage from the Hinkleyites will disappear as soon as the next loss comes.

Tredders has done what has needed to be done since 2017. It's out there and cannot be retrieved. People are talking, scrutinising Hinkley (about time) and his performances and each loss will be magnified ( also about time). Eventually he'll be mocked for his carryon on the boundary when the siren went v Sydney. It was truly embarrassing. The outrage from the Hinkleyites will disappear as soon as the next loss comes.
Precisely.

Hinkley will finally be held to account for his actual performances. Watch what happens when the losses mount.

The genie is out the bottle.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Very tame on 5AA, nothing interesting to report really.

Let's be real - there's not exactly much to speak about right now given they won on the weekend. A win covers up everything. They'll implode eventually, and when that happens, Warren will need his best material at the ready.

No point being first past the post on the first lap of the Melbourne Cup.

The broom at the end of the season needs to be massive. Everyone that has been entrenched over the last 5 years+ needs to go imo. substantial cultural changes needs to happen and losers like Koch, Richo, Bassett, Cassisi et Al need to be gone along with Hinkley.
All I read here is-

Any club worth its salt will clean out its no-hopers from the doorman, to the head trainer, to the captain.

Keeping no-hopers in these positions, or any other position, is the mark of the non-successful club.

You've got to weed out people who breed an atmosphere of non-professionalism.

They're there for the bloody joke, for the social life, for the prestige. They're not there to win!!

Edit- Is this truly missing from our creed? Someone edit Wiki

I also hope Tredders gets to see this thread himself to reassure him that he's standing up for the right cause! Maybe if we're lucky he might even make mention to these forums (Although it's extremely rare that the media ever mentions Bigfooty as a source)
I'd put money on it that he does read this board. He may not mention it specifically, but it's clear from some of the things he says that he does, and he's not the only one, past or present.

I also hope Tredders gets to see this thread himself to reassure him that he's standing up for the right cause! Maybe if we're lucky he might even make mention to these forums (Although it's extremely rare that the media ever mentions Bigfooty as a source)
Rowey called us ferals and in the minority not that long ago (port fans on bigfooty)

He's also dispelled the myth about Kochie saving the club, said he's done all the research and that the deals brokered to save the club were all done by Duncanson and Haysman - not Koch. Said Koch has helped with Sponsorship, but he should not be credited with AO/Securing funding to survive.

482738AF-CFDC-4FA5-B814-BE6DEBAA00A3.jpeg

From 6th June 2014.

PORT Adelaide once had Warren Tredrea so worried three years ago that midway through watching one of their worst losses, he contacted the AFL.
Later that night, Tredrea was stunned to talk to AFL chief executive Andrew Demetriou and was briefed on plans that were being hatched for the stricken club.

Tredrea, who captained Port's only AFL premiership team in 2004, revealed the conversation at Wednesday night's annual AFL Hall Of Fame function.

During Tredrea's onstage interview, it emerged he texted AFL media manager Patrick Keane at quarter-time of the game and that led to the conversation with Demetriou.

It was round 20 in 2011, Chad Cornes' last game for Port, and they trailed 6.5 to 0.1 against Collingwood in a night match at a half-empty AAMI Stadium.

Port had massive financial problems and would win just three games that season. tredrea had retired a year earlier and was at the game as a radio commentator. “It was pathetic — it was hard to watch as a former player,” he said. “I knew the club had some issues financially and for me, it was just rock bottom.

“He (Demetriou) told me some stuff that they were looking at doing with the club.”
Three years later, the Power are transformed. They are top of the table and have turned their new Adelaide Oval home into the “Portress”.

I was at Uni - aka ‘Underdale’ and we had a night out at ‘Rio’s’ (The now Palace) and who was there by himself drunk at the bar….
Lol he is such a weedy ferker

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tredders has done what has needed to be done since 2017. It's out there and cannot be retrieved. People are talking, scrutinising Hinkley (about time) and his performances and each loss will be magnified ( also about time). Eventually he'll be mocked for his carryon on the boundary when the siren went v Sydney. It was truly embarrassing. (I liken it to one - zero hand gesture when we finally won a showdown v Pyke). The outrage from the Hinkleyites will disappear as soon as the next loss comes.

I proudly yelled out "fcuk off Hinkley" at that moment...and then another Port supporter gave me a dirty look for and asked who I would replace him with, to which I replied in a heartbeat "My man Adem Yze".

People constantly under-rate this guy’s legacy as a player for us. Boak didn’t need to debate Brereton about Gray being Port’s best player over Tredrea. Gray was wonderful, but I’d take Tredders’ record over anyone’s who played in our AFL era. Poor form from Boaky even if Robbie’s his best mate.

It’s classic of this 2013- era of Port admin, coaches, players, even new age supporters, trying to re-write our club’s recent history in a more favourable light than it should be.

Warren was a club B&F, acting captain, all Australian and should have been a Brownlow medallist in our only AFL premiership year. Robbie came close to some of that in 2014, but as was his and Boak’s legacy, near enough was not good enough.

Kym Dillon of all people calling him stupid and a moron on SEN.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app
I haven’t listened to Dillon and Rucci on SEN. Do they have much interaction with callers? If someone here calls in could you ask Kym to do a re-enactment of his performance at a North Adelaide pub the week he lost his main gig at Nine? The sobbing might be hard to recreate on the spot but he should be able to do the bit where he starts pounding the bar and stamping his feet “They’ve given it to Tredders. Bloody Tredders”

Let's be real - there's not exactly much to speak about right now given they won on the weekend. A win covers up everything. They'll implode eventually, and when that happens, Warren will need his best material at the ready.

Hardly a convincing win but a win none the less at the SCG. But all know another Hinkley stinker is around the corner.

Find me 1 person who disagrees with Tredrea who actually has the Port Adelaide Football Club's best interest at heart?
They don't exist.
The next time one of these types starts defending Hinkley or suggesting Hinkley be reappointed I’d like them to be asked the following questions.
Would you take him at your club
And
Would you be happy with hinkleys previous 10 year record at your club.

People constantly under-rate this guy’s legacy as a player for us. Boak didn’t need to debate Brereton about Gray being Port’s best player over Tredrea. Gray was wonderful, but I’d take Tredders’ record over anyone’s who played in our AFL era. Poor form from Boaky even if Robbie’s his best mate.

It’s classic of this 2013- era of Port admin, coaches, players, even new age supporters, trying to re-write our club’s recent history in a more favourable light than it should be.

Warren was a club B&F, acting captain, all Australian and should have been a Brownlow medallist in our only AFL premiership year. Robbie came close to some of that in 2014, but as was his and Boak’s legacy, near enough was not good enough.
Seriously **** Travis Boak. I just don't rate him and never really have. Such a soft ****. Love Robbie Gray, but Tredrea captained a premiership. Boak is a pretender.

The biggest problem with the club is that the win does cover up everything. Including any analysis of the actual game. Does anyone think they've actually looked at what happened in the lead up to Florent's kick? About how our defence just fell apart. The goalless first quarter? Or are they still back slapping and windmilling over the 4 points.

Curious, what is your elevator pitch to get people to change their minds on Ken quickly?

On Pixel 3 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Ask them to talk about what Hinkley's strengths are as a coach. He's not a good strategist or a good gameday tactician or a good motivator, so all they'll be able to say is that the players love him, to which you can reply "okay but what is that actually doing for us that makes up for his glaring weaknesses". Then you'll usually get a variation on "just give him a bit more time", so bring up that he's the only 10 year coach in league history without a flag and hasn't even made a GF.

I just try to get people to think critically about Hinkley as a coach. He's indefensible at this point so if they actually want to have a conversation about it, there isn't a lot they can say.

I used to not bother with happy clappers, but I engage as often as possible now. They need to be made to defend their positions.

Find me 1 person who disagrees with Tredrea who actually has the Port Adelaide Football Club's best interest at heart?
They don't exist.

Shhhh. Quiet. They think they do.

Reminds me a bit of the old joke:

St. Peter at the gates of Heaven: “Religion?”

Woman: “Methodist.”

St. Peter looked down his list and said,” Okay, head over there to that fluffy cloud.”

A man arrived at the gates.

“Religion?”

“Presbyterian.”

“Just over there for you. Be very quiet on your way past that wall.”

A Jewish man arrived.

“Religion?”

“Jewish.”

“Go to to the third cloud over, but be very quiet as you pass that wall.”

The man said, “I can understand there being different places for different religions, but why must I be quiet when I pass that wall?”

St. Peter told him, “Well, the Catholics are behind that wall, and they think they’re the only ones here.”

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Warren Tredrea - Elected to the Port Board (Football discussion only)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back