WCE vs Essendon - Spoilers

Remove this Banner Ad

bad signs:
Seaby- 5 possessions 6 hitouts :mad:
Schofield- below average game 9 possesions
Houlihan- only 7 possesions
Glass - 8 possesions

I've just been able to receive updates of the game on game day live and despite not having seen the match, i've observed (via Live play) that a majority of the time, we were playing wide. Rarely did I see the red dots flowing through the corridor.

Can someone who has seen the game shed any light as to why this was the case?

Any additional opinions would also be greatly appreciated.

(I live in Brisbane so the game is televised at 11pm up here. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to be a thrilling encounter. Positive: Early night sleep for me :p)

Just finished watching the first half here in SA. The fact that we were/are only 12 pts down at half time is a miracle in itself. If Essendon had kicked straight and Lucas didnt have a couple of brain snaps in the first quarter we would of been 5 goals down at quarter time.

Oh and Mark Seaby you are a dud!

Seaby really cost us in the ruck and up forward.

For those who haven't seen it, take it as a warning. Take out your frustration :p.

Also Glass got knocked down a lot. I don't know how he'll go next round but he looks injured.

Cox and Glass need to be rested. I don't care if people think that by doing that WCE are "tanking" but it's starting to seem like more of a necessity than an option.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cox looks sore. He shouldnt have played.

same with Glass.

I hope they are omitted. Surely if they keep playing, they will end up losing some of their confidence. If they are injured - do not play them. I know they are our 2 most important players but I really don't see the point when you can play someone who is a bit fitter. (I don't know who, but surely we have someone)

I'm just back from the game and spent half an hour walking trying to work out the positives.....

.....apart from Daniel Rich, welcome to West Coast!

Embley and Wirra were good in patches.

Masten got a lot of easy touches and ineffectual tackles early - stats do lie - but why is he not playing more in the centre?

Stenglein is nearing the end. Seaby got found out.

Lynch was better once he moved into the ruck. Too many long bombs early. Hunter presented well but kicked poorly, but he was a fill in for McKinley and Kennedy.

Ebert and Wilkes played better than the commentators gave them credit for.

Houlihan and Macnamara hardly sighted.

Priddis was closely tagged.

On the game plan, we were back to stop and prop. Essendon was actually how we should be playing, run and run and run and take it through the centre. We're losing anyway, might as well lose in a vaguely honourable way rather than hugging the boundary.

Embley and Wirra have been alright so far...(watching the telecast atm)

can't see much positives from the first quarter and a half, no wonder why we lost umm..At least Lecca got a match into him?

Ugly game.

Embley and Wirra have been alright so far...(watching the telecast atm)

can't see much positives from the first quarter and a half, no wonder why we lost umm..At least Lecca got a match into him?

Ugly game.
Lecca finished well, watch for him in the last quarter... Showed some signs that he may grow into the role an old number 9 used to play before he went into the middle.

And everyone should lay off Masten not being able to put 4 quarters together, give the kid a break, with a frame that small and the OP he had preseason he is lucky to put 3 quarters together! Another preseason or two and he will be a consistant ball/match winner IMO.

Can I get an account of the third quarter, don't feel like watching the game. Heard a score at start of it like 6.2 and then at 3qrt time 9.11 What the hell happened in that third quarter for the scoreline to turn to crap?

Lecca finished well, watch for him in the last quarter... Showed some signs that he may grow into the role an old number 9 used to play before he went into the middle.

And everyone should lay off Masten not being able to put 4 quarters together, give the kid a break, with a frame that small and the OP he had preseason he is lucky to put 3 quarters together! Another preseason or two and he will be a consistant ball/match winner IMO.

Ta.

I agree on Masten - give the kid a break, it's hardly his fault.

Remove this Banner Ad

WCE vs Essendon - Spoilers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back