News We’re going to Dingleyland! Construction to begin.

Remove this Banner Ad

The club will be selling it, but will hold on to it until the right offer comes in (no bargain sale) - source:insider at the club (name retracted as I do not know if the information was meant to be divulged)

That’s an interesting piece cos the current valuation is as an AFL club home,

Does it’s value increase or decrease according to new use?

It is not considered up to scratch anymore. On the other hand it could be home to the umpires who are nomads and sell off the gym, shops, cafe.
I was only half serious. It would be a step up for the Dees though. They train in an open park without any infrastructure.

That’s an interesting piece cos the current valuation is as an AFL club home,

Does it’s value increase or decrease according to new use?
Given the popularity of last piece, it could probably become a decent reception venue operated by last piece
I was only half serious. It would be a step up for the Dees though. They train in an open park without any infrastructure.
Casey fields isn't bad, problem is they have noone at the club close to cranbourne. So noone wants to drive there. As such their admin is at ammi Park, club shop at the mcg

The club will be selling it, but will hold on to it until the right offer comes in (no bargain sale) - source:insider at the club (name retracted as I do not know if the information was meant to be divulged)
Statement from Monash Council.
Our community understandably expressed concern about the future of the oval when Hawthorn relocation to Dingley was first raised. As the oval is part of Victorian Government master planning for the Waverley Park Estate, it is Council’s expectation that the land remains as an oval after Hawthorn’s relocation. Council is open to discussing with the club how this could best be managed.

Statement from Monash Council.
Our community understandably expressed concern about the future of the oval when Hawthorn relocation to Dingley was first raised. As the oval is part of Victorian Government master planning for the Waverley Park Estate, it is Council’s expectation that the land remains as an oval after Hawthorn’s relocation. Council is open to discussing with the club how this could best be managed.
Yes, that's the oval. I'm talking about the building and amenities

No Do Not Enter signs that I could see. Not me it was Tom Tom. He's off the chain
I did the same thing at Homebush when they built the Olympic venue there for the 2000 olympics. No one stopped me, I got out of the car a walked around the site.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't know if we actually own the Kenneth Luke stand/Waverley remnants...at least yet

Didn't we get a long lease ...something ridiculous like 99 years..at $1 per year or something?

Maybe Mirvac officially own it? The Kenneth Luke Stand is heritage listed, so it has to stay pretty much as is

I don't know if we actually own the Kenneth Luke stand?Waverley remnants...at least yet

Didn't we get a long lease ...something ridiculous like 99 years..at $1 per year or something?

Maybe Mirvac officially own it? The Kenneth Luke Stand is heritage listed, so it has to stay pretty much as is

That’s my understanding….and the oval can only be for training, not actual games at any level

I don't know if we actually own the Kenneth Luke stand?Waverley remnants...at least yet

That's how I remember it also.

That’s my understanding….and the oval can only be for training, not actual games at any level
Quick review of the annual report from 2022 which is the first thing that came up in Google specifically notes the Waverley Park land, buildings and oval as part of the whole HFC land, buildings & equipments assets (includes KCC also I assume at that point) as well as the gym as an investment property. Not an accountant though so unsure if a long term lease gets would similarly be classified like this.

eg page 37 and 38

Investment properties comprise the gymnasium at Waverley Park which is leased to a third party under commercial leasing terms and conditions. Included in investment properties is land totalling $1,100,000 which is not depreciated.

in our PP&E detail:
The Waverley Park land, buildings and oval are subject to certain usage and disposal restrictions.

This is echoed by this article that we have the freehold

Hawthorn paid $1 and, in return, received the freehold on the entire oval and a portion of what is now the administrative buildings. Thus, the club gained millions of dollars of real estate – a freehold that gave the club serious assets on the balance sheet, a buffer for bad times and no rental costs – for nothing. The Hawks also bought the gymnasium at Waverley and receive a tidy return of about 8 per cent a year.

First referenced by @jaegar here https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/how-did-we-get-waverley-park.1070137/

I don't know if we actually own the Kenneth Luke stand/Waverley remnants...at least yet

The club owns it now.

It was a 7 year lease

Quick review of the annual report from 2022 which is the first thing that came up in Google specifically notes the Waverley Park land, buildings and oval as part of the whole HFC land, buildings & equipments assets (includes KCC also I assume at that point) as well as the gym as an investment property. Not an accountant though so unsure if a long term lease gets would similarly be classified like this.

eg page 37 and 38

in our PP&E detail:
Sold
https://raywhitecommercialglenwaverley.com/news/mulgrave-investments-sold-for-4-35-million

Remove this Banner Ad

News We’re going to Dingleyland! Construction to begin.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back