List Mgmt. We Got Him! Beams Trade Discussion (Not the Hype Thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

If we can satisfy North, then that should be the deal done hopefully.

His untimely 3rd place BnF has the muddied the waters of his value unfortunately, thank god he is out of contract.

Out: 1st and 2nd round picks
IN: Beams

Pies:
Out: Beams
IN: Greenwood + Pick 5

Roos:
Out: Greenwood
IN: 2nd rounder

The only team getting screwed is North, but they have an uncontracted player seeking to leave so..lets get it done!

Would you be happy to give up your first 2 picks in the draft though? I would have thought as a club that is still in a rebuilding process like Brisbane would be reluctant to do so. The only change I would make to this is add Collingwood's second rounder as well, so we gain 2 second round picks for Greenwood.

Brisbane
Out: 1st and 2nd pick
In: Beams

Pies
Out: Beams + a Second round pick (they will likely have two second rounders due to Lumumba trade)
In: Pick 5 and greenwood

North
Out: greenwood
In: 2 x Second round picks (25 and 30 I think)

If you did not want to give up a second round pick maybe a player instead?

I don't get how this is the case, if we give north our second rounder then the pies get their mature mid, pick 5 and can keep a hold of their second round picks, or on-trade them for new talent. What difference does it make if the pies trade their pick 30 or our pick 25?

Because Collingwood could potentially get Greenwood without us... if we can make North feel they can get a lot more, they can put Collingwood in a "deal with Brisbane or get stuffed" situation.

Good for you! :thumbsu:

You've been pretty diplomatic here so far, but how do you think a patronising retort like that by a Brisbane supporter would be received on the Pies board?

You've been pretty diplomatic here so far, but how do you think a patronising retort like that by a Brisbane supporter would be received on the Pies board?
Ta, but doesn't bother me in the slightest. Happy to see how the whole situation plays out.

Because Collingwood could potentially get Greenwood without us... if we can make North feel they can get a lot more, they can put Collingwood in a "deal with Brisbane or get stuffed" situation.

North refuse pick 30. Collingwood doesn't have a pick below that (Harry O isn't better than pick 30) then what option do they have apart from our second rounder?

In what way is it patronising? I came in here simply quoting what has been said in the press. If someone believes that they have friends who believe other things then good on them. I'm not sure what it adds to the conversation and it wasn't my intention to be patronising. I think you'll find that all of my posts have been very respectful here.

Liam Pickering confirms that his client James Aish will be a Brisbane Lion in 2015 and not part of any trade for Beams.
Oh no!!!!!!!!!!!

That means it must be one of Hanley, Rockliff, Mayes, Zorko or Redden who's gone. :(

In what way is it patronising? I came in here simply quoting what has been said in the press. If someone believes that they have friends who believe other things then good on them. I'm not sure what it adds to the conversation and it wasn't my intention to be patronising. I think you'll find that all of my posts have been very respectful here.

Came off as a tad sarcastic. As I said, you've been a good contributor here, just making sure you didn't undo it.

My point was that if push comes to shove and they hold out for another ready-made player in addition to Greenwood, then expect the Pies to cop flak in the media .

Barrett suggesting Adam Treloar (!?!) may be involved in the Beams trade!?!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My point was that if push comes to shove and they hold out for another ready-made player in addition to Greenwood, then expect the Pies to cop flak in the media .
I'm not sure that is a major concern. Both clubs could wind up in that boat the way things are progressing. Truth is I have doubts that any trade will get done with Brisbane at all. Both clubs seem very much to be standing by their original position.

If it cost us Patfull and our first rounder, and was then a straight swap of Treloar for Beams I would do it.

He's crazy. Treloar has positioned himself as the least likely player to leave GWS - easily the most vocal about loving it there and their prospects.

Liam Pickering confirms that his client James Aish will be a Brisbane Lion in 2015 and not part of any trade for Beams.

I'm guessing Collingwood fans will choose not to believe Pickering on this but continue to believe him when he says we offered Beams $800k/yr

He's crazy. Treloar has positioned himself as the least likely player to leave GWS - easily the most vocal about loving it there and their prospects.

Piss off you delusional idiot... now we have to deal with clueless GWS fans in this thread.

Mods... do something.

I'm not sure that is a major concern.
It'll hurt their 'compassionate' narrative.

Both clubs could wind up in that boat the way things are progressing. Truth is I have doubts that any trade will get done with Brisbane at all. Both clubs seem very much to be standing by their original position.
Doesn't sound like that to me.

Lions opened with pick 4 and have progressed to 4+pick(s).

I'd be surprised if they didn't try to get involved with the Greenwood trade.

Pies OTOH opened with 4+ a star Lions player, then shifted slightly to 4+a ready-made player who may be from another club.

Now if they're then seen to be moving the goalposts even wider by expecting more than 1 ready-made player then their spin starts to fall apart and I'd expect the Lions to up the pressure.

*shrug*

I heard the Treloar one as well....

Patfull + 5 to GWS
Trealor to Coll
Beams to Bris

Could work couldnt it?

Reckon there would have to be some picks swapped as well.

Collingwood need more. Our second rounder probably - perhaps we get GWS's pick 42 back.

It'll hurt their 'compassionate' narrative.

Doesn't sound like that to me.

Lions opened with pick 4 and have progressed to 4+pick(s).

I'd be surprised if they didn't try to get involved with the Greenwood trade.

Pies OTOH opened with 4+ a star Lions player, then shifted slightly to 4+a ready-made player who may be from another club.

Now if they're then seen to be moving the goalposts even wider by expecting more than 1 ready-made player then their spin starts to fall apart and I'd expect the Lions to up the pressure.

*shrug*
Pretty sure Collingwood has well and truly moved away from any concerns about compassion. As reported on trade radio, they believe that family amounts to no more than a small percentage of Dayne's reasons for leaving. (Maybe they think in the region of 1/600,000th ? ;))

I think it's splitting straws to suggest that there has been any real movement based on what you've just stated.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. We Got Him! Beams Trade Discussion (Not the Hype Thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back