List Mgmt. We Got Him! Beams Trade Discussion (Not the Hype Thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

Piss off you delusional idiot... now we have to deal with clueless GWS fans in this thread.

Mods... do something.

As a mod I've commended said GWS fan on his insightful and informative responses and invited him back to make contributions even in the face of unmitigated shouting down.

Would you be happy to give up your first 2 picks in the draft though?

For a 24 year old Dayne Beams? Yes.

If he were 27, I'd be less inclined.

I would have thought as a club that is still in a rebuilding process like Brisbane would be reluctant to do so. The only change I would make to this is add Collingwood's second rounder as well, so we gain 2 second round picks for Greenwood.

sounds fair to North, don't think the Pies will buy it.

Pies 2nd round pick is worse than Lions, so obviously we can better satisfy North better if a 2nd round pick is the agreed currency for Greenwood. However, he has just finished 3rd in the B&F of a Preliminary Final team, so I imagine North would be saying he is worth more - and I am sympathetic to their views.

However, if we can offer better than the Pies, then we can make it a Greenwood + Pick 5 for Beams situation. Which I feel is fair.

The problem is that the Pies might get Demon's 2nd rounder for Lamumba - which then trumps ours.

Hopefully Schwab & Warren are holed up in a room somewhere with Hine and Eade - ringing other clubs to get them involved.

I can't wait to see Beams dominating at the Gabba next year, will make our already gun players even better too.

Barrett suggesting Adam Treloar (!?!) may be involved in the Beams trade!?!

At some point someone needs to get a team together of all the players linked to Collingwood over the years, who didn't actually end up there.

It would be a strong side. A strong, strong side.

Don't actually understand Rodney's assessment of "dollar for dollar" , "like for like trade. If they were really after like for like then they wouldn't be so bullish on our pick 5 being included in the trade they would be asking for a player and that's it IMO. I have no doubt that if the lions were to offer a redden or Hanley as a straight swap, they would be quick to change their dollar for dollar/ like for like stance. Maybe time for brisbane to make contact with beams manager and tell him it's not going to happen this year, but willing to offer the same deal next year, then give collingwood a deadline Wednesday or we walk away from any deal with them.

Collingwood are deluded. They'll probably want Treloar and the GWS pick 4. They want a like for like player plus a pick. They'll probably offer up a 3rd rounder to get Greenwood off the Roos.

They want 5 and Aish/Redden/Mayes/Hanley but a straight swap for Treloar. Few Cells missing down there.

It is pretty clear where the Collingwood fans get their delusions from. The whole club is delusional. For the record I am happy to go to the draft with our first pick if we don't get Beams. I never thought Beams coming to the LIons was even a reality so missing out on him this year isn't a huge deal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

North aren't going to do your dirty work for you.

That would be why he said it would only be if we can convince North that they'll get significantly more for Greenwood by tacking him on to the Beams trade.

I know this is really subjective, based on whatever the media chooses to shine a light on... but if there is a calm and collected way to handle this kind of thing, Collingwood are doing the exact opposite. I'm actually going out of my way to try and find updates each day on what the Lions are saying about all this, and most days I struggle to find much of substance, but whether I want to or not, almost every day I read more bluster from the Pies camp. I'd say it seems desperate, but I'm still kinda afraid we'll balls this up somehow.

Seriously though, I understand they have to take a hard stand for their supporters... but it looks a bit silly when everyone knows they're backed into a corner. Every day or two they raise the stakes even further (First he's not leaving, then it's Pick 4 + star player, then it's the deadline and now these threats of shopping him to other clubs, which doesn't even seem to make sense) to the point where it's almost funny.

What about if we are trying for treloar and their 2nd rd pick. I personally see treloar having a bigger ceiling then any of the bris players we are after.
Can't rob Brisbane so gonna try to rob GWS?

What about if we are trying for treloar and their 2nd rd pick. I personally see treloar having a bigger ceiling then any of the bris players we are after.

He certainly does but they are not offerring pick 5 either. Also you have to convince him to go and GWS to trade him and then get Beams to agree to the trade and sign a new deal probably for less than he is getting at the Lions given that GWS are going to have a lot of guys looking for a payrise shortly.

If Collingwood could get Treloar even in a straight swap I would do it. Hard to see it happenning but it would certainly be the best offer they are going to get.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. We Got Him! Beams Trade Discussion (Not the Hype Thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back