List Mgmt. We Got Him! Beams Trade Discussion (Not the Hype Thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

So, to sum up the situation... we're being unreasonable and Collingwood are going to trade Beams to Gold Coast GWS ?? instead.

Their next move is to trade Dayne Beams and Nathan Buckley to the LA Clippers for Doc Rivers and a backup shooting guard.

Lions: Beams
Pies: Pick 4 and greenwood
Roos: Merrett and Pick 24?

This has been proposed quite a bit, and has general endorsement as balanced from most Lions fans.

24 became 25 yesterday btw.

Lions: Beams
Pies: Pick 4 and greenwood
Roos: Merrett and Pick 24?

Perhaps we can throw in some more, surely we aren't giving up enough in that proposal, you know, like all the sweeteners that have been thrown our way in every trade for every player that has left every other year.

Reckon there would have to be some picks swapped as well.

Collingwood need more. Our second rounder probably - perhaps we get GWS's pick 42 back.
No I think we'd snap call this. Treloar is still young and rated as one of the best young on ballers in the comp.

Beams on the other hand is getting a bit overrated imo. He has great numbers but he isn't a top level clearance player and his decision making and damage he does with his disposal isn't elite either. As a midfielder, what distinguishes him others is that he kicks a lot of goals, if he couldn't do that then he'd just be an average player. I rate him as a quality player but certainly not a top 10 midfielder in the competition and if we get pick 5 + one of the reported players for him then its robbery (although I'm not a huge fan of Aish tbh)

The biggest issue with that trade suggestion is that Patful + pick 5 may not be enough for GWS

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This has been proposed quite a bit, and has general endorsement as balanced from most Lions fans.

24 became 25 yesterday btw.
Yeah i know.. and i'm not happy i don't want to lose him but the above sounds fair.. or even better.

Same trade but instead you give pies your pick 25 instead of us and pies give us 23 from the lumumba trade.

Lions get beams
Pies 4, 25 and greenwood
Roos get 23 and merrett

There is definitely a vibe amongst a certain class of collingwood supporter wherein they no longer want Dayne, so long as we can't have him either.

It is a vibe I see all to frequently in my day job so i'm a little over it permeating my outside interests.

I would suggest that Eddie and his stoking the fires of 2002/03, probably has a lot of responsibility for this ugly side of the collingwood psyche. It is most annoying because I have often found collingwood fans to be passionate, thoughtful, considered and generally know their footy and what they are on about, but when the 'Ed Mist' descends it can get ugly.

Perhaps we can throw in some more, surely we aren't giving up enough in that proposal, you know, like all the sweeteners that have been thrown our way in every trade for every player that has left every other year.
Hey my dads a lions supporter i hated what happened to you last year! Didn't see us going after anyone from lions... Brad must love the lions still ;)

There is definitely a vibe amongst a certain class of collingwood supporter wherein they no longer want Dayne, so long as we can't have him either.

They're slowly ramping up the character assassination too. I'm sure we'll be hearing a lot of libelous references to "third strikes" and sexual assault charges once the trade is done.

The difference being that Beams is contracted... GH5 were not.

So many Beams threads I'm losing track of my shit.

You're right very fair trade (on this thread...)

Just not on the other ones

Partly why I haven't posted much either way on this topic because I know I will end up red carded for saying something on the wrong board hahaha

Partly why I haven't posted much either way on this topic because I know I will end up red carded for saying something on the wrong board hahaha

Please stop talking to me. You are 100% correct with everything you say and have said... always.

(Feel like I just walked into the female toilets by mistake... and now the doors locked and I can't get out!)

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. We Got Him! Beams Trade Discussion (Not the Hype Thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back