List Mgmt. We Got Him! Beams Trade Discussion (Not the Hype Thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

Urgh. I really wish I hadn't read the last 8 pages of this thread. The only thing I'd say is there's no way Beams would sit out a year, that makes no sense.

What's the highest people are willing to go for Beams? IMO we should pull the stops out for Beams to come this year, not next. Pick 4/5 + ?? As far as I can see Collingwood need defence, and obviously want a ready player with Heater, Maxwell, and now Lumumba all gone. Would you guys agree with pick 4 + Merrett? I would do it- I don't believe it's overs for Dayne, regardless of the fact he nominated us as 'preferred club'. I know I'm bitter about last year and the whole ridiculousness of the 'go away 5' nominating clubs, but just because the shoe's on the other foot doesn't mean we can drive a hard bargain.

Urgh. I really wish I hadn't read the last 8 pages of this thread. The only thing I'd say is there's no way Beams would sit out a year, that makes no sense.

What's the highest people are willing to go for Beams? IMO we should pull the stops out for Beams to come this year, not next. Pick 4/5 + ?? As far as I can see Collingwood need defence, and obviously want a ready player with Heater, Maxwell, and now Lumumba all gone. Would you guys agree with pick 4 + Merrett? I would do it- I don't believe it's overs for Dayne, regardless of the fact he nominated us as 'preferred club'. I know I'm bitter about last year and the whole ridiculousness of the 'go away 5' nominating clubs, but just because the shoe's on the other foot doesn't mean we can drive a hard bargain.
Defence is ok..... When fit. Reid, Brown, Frost, Keeffe all 196+cm all do ok on KPF. We need more pure mids, mostly a big bodied inside mid.

We love Beams it will never happen even if he leaves

All supercoat said was that Beams and the family won't screw Collingwood, they have said they will always be in debt to the Pies, so the club might struggle to screw Collingwood like you all think will happen.
Can you guys honestly quit the generalizing? Not ALL of us think our club is going to "screw" Collingwood.
Hope and think are different;-)

Mate, as a passionate Collingwood supporter, leave this shit alone...it's doing neither you nor our club any favours by rehashing the past. I'm really not sure what u're trying to prove.

Well done mate! That stuff was not pleasant or appropriate reading for this forum.

I just hope that we get this trade done by Monday noon....I'm just so sick of all of the b/s on these forums. Maybe I should just stop accessing Big Footy for awhile.....but it's bloody addictive, especially this time of the year.

I really do enjoy banter with like minded opposition supporters like yourself, but the other drivel gets a bit monotonous.

Defence is ok..... When fit. Reid, Brown, Frost, Keeffe all 196+cm all do ok on KPF. We need more pure mids, mostly a big bodied inside mid.
If you got 4 and Lester then that's exactly what your asking for there.

On a side note, would you guys take a straight swap of pick 2 for Beams? I haven't seen any Pies supporters respond to this trade suggestion.

Yeah, if that's where you're short then Lester fits the bill. He's a bit slow to comfortable share the centre square with the likes of Redden and Rockliff, but IMO is ready to take the next step. 4 + Lester is pretty much my upper limit of my comfort zone as far as trade value goes.

Of course many Pies supporters will use the willingness of some Lions supporters to throw his name out there as proof that he's a spud, but that's far from the case.

Well done mate! That stuff was not pleasant or appropriate reading for this forum.

I just hope that we get this trade done by Monday noon....I'm just so sick of all of the b/s on these forums. Maybe I should just stop accessing Big Footy for awhile.....but it's bloody addictive, especially this time of the year.

I really do enjoy banter with like minded opposition supporters like yourself, but the other drivel gets a bit monotonous.
Cheers, we all have posters that are on school holidays with their time better spent studying for the HSC or working their first job and saving for schoolies.

Can you guys honestly quit the generalizing? Not ALL of us think our club is going to "screw" Collingwood.
Hope and think are different;-)
I think very few of us think we are going to screw Collingwood. A few idiots may repeat stuff like that to try to get a reaction but that is about it.

If you got 4 and Lester then that's exactly what your asking for there.

On a side note, would you guys take a straight swap of pick 2 for Beams? I haven't seen any Pies supporters respond to this trade suggestion.
Yeah, if that's where you're short then Lester fits the bill. He's a bit slow to comfortable share the centre square with the likes of Redden and Rockliff, but IMO is ready to take the next step. 4 + Lester is pretty much my upper limit of my comfort zone as far as trade value goes.

Of course many Pies supporters will use the willingness of some Lions supporters to throw his name out there as proof that he's a spud, but that's far from the case.

Yeah Lester's an interesting one looks like the type of player we need. He looks like a recent signing though so I don't expect to get him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

thought the guys with the most runs on the board that would interest collingwood would be bewick and harwood, bewick with mcaffer out injured next year, also with harwood having all the tools to be a physical inside mid, but just not getting a decent crack at it

I'm not trying to wind you up, but IMHO I think you guys need another tall defender over a mid. Frost is not bad, but Brown is old, Keeffe still young, and is Reid still playing forward? In mids you guys have Adams, Freeman, Broomhead, Scharenberg is a tall mid isn't he?

The best player that fits your stated need (the JPK type) that we have, is Lester. so I agree with the other recent posters saying pick 4 + Lester is not an unreasonable deal. Lester is by no means a spud.

Could live with pick 4 + harwood.
I'd love to keep Hardwood. (Typo intentional). He gives us some aggression that we lack elsewhere on our list. I had hoped he would kick on this year after Docherty left- a bit of a so-so season from him, but I back him in.

I'd live with pick 4 + Bewick too, but honestly Lester is better than Bewick!

I think it'll be pick 4 and a player(Golby, Harwood, Crisp, Bewick, Lester) I'm hoping for pick 4 plus Golby. I feel he is probably easier replaced than the others. It's not exactly like he is a dud. Played well in 2013 but had a bit of a bad year this year which I think comes down to adjusting to the game plan. I think he'd be best 22 at Collingwood down back.

When does the trade period end? Already feels like it's dragging on.

Thank god this thread is back on track and putting forward realistic trade scenarios.

From my viewpoint the player with the highest ceiling and could benefit Collingwood the most would be Crisp, though that's only based on what he produced in the latter part of the season. While not a like for like replacement he is quite a unit and if he can keep the form up we saw late in the season reckon he'd be pushing for a regular gig in the 22. That's probably the main query though, can he maintain it.

I'm not trying to wind you up, but IMHO I think you guys need another tall defender over a mid. Frost is not bad, but Brown is old, Keeffe still young, and is Reid still playing forward? In mids you guys have Adams, Freeman, Broomhead, Scharenberg is a tall mid isn't he?

The best player that fits your stated need (the JPK type) that we have, is Lester. so I agree with the other recent posters saying pick 4 + Lester is not an unreasonable deal. Lester is by no means a spud.
Just correct you on one thing. Brown is 25. He is injury prone but still youngish.
Adams is small 179-180cm. Freeman hasn't played a game, Broomhead is outside and Scharenberg is more a third defender/forward. Our inside mids are Josh Thomas 176cm and Adams and Beams would be our best clearance player. Both JT and Adams are small. We got flogged in the clearances last year. Certainly we could use a back up defender (probably mature rookie) but we could use a good inside mid much more with the loss of beams.

Just correct you on one thing. Brown is 25. He is injury prone but still youngish.
Adams is small 179-180cm. Freeman hasn't played a game, Broomhead is outside and Scharenberg is more a third defender/forward. Our inside mids are Josh Thomas 176cm and Adams and Beams would be our best clearance player. Both JT and Adams are small. We got flogged in the clearances last year. Certainly we could use a back up defender (probably mature rookie) but we could use a good inside mid much more with the loss of beams.
Maybe you can draft a good inside mid with the pick 4 we'll trade you for beams.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. We Got Him! Beams Trade Discussion (Not the Hype Thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back