List Mgmt. We Got Him! Beams Trade Discussion (Not the Hype Thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

This thread is being hijacked by silly theoreticals that should be taken to the thread designed for it. Maybe no coincidence it is also school holidays in some places.

Beams for pick 4, swap of second rounders and/or a fringe player for a late pick. That's what will most likely happen*.

Unless Melbourne get pick 3 for Frawley (which they should not), then it might be more complex given there is a clear top 4.

Merrett to Melbourne and swap first round picks with them.

Brisbane - Gain Beams Lose Pick 2, Merrett

Collingwood - Gain Pick 2 Lose Beams

Melbourne - Gain Pick 4, Merrett Lose Pick 2.

Collingwood would have to seriously look at pick 2.

I like something along these lines, particularly if Melbourne get the pick 3 compo for James Frawley. Apparently Melbourne have spoken to Merrett. Even if we swapped pick 3 for pick 5 + Merrett, it's an improvement on pick 5 for Collingwood. All depends on how much Melbourne valued pick 2 compared to pick 3. Maybe a swap of 2nd round picks also...

This thread is being hijacked by silly theoreticals that should be taken to the thread designed for it. Maybe no coincidence it is also school holidays in some places.

Beams for pick 4, swap of second rounders and/or a fringe player for a late pick. That's what will most likely happen*.

Unless Melbourne get pick 3 for Frawley (which they should not), then it might be more complex given there is a clear top 4.
So when do you think you and Derek Hine will nut this out mate. Monday.lol. It's all theoreticals here mate otherwise you, me and everybody talking on this thread would be on their way to Melbourne for trade week.

So when do you think you and Derek Hine will nut this out mate. Monday.lol. It's all theoreticals here mate otherwise you, me and everybody talking on this thread would be on their way to Melbourne for trade week.

Merrett hasn't requested a trade, therefore including him in any theoretical trades should be taken to the appropriate board.

Merrett hasn't requested a trade, therefore including him in any theoretical trades should be taken to the appropriate board.
Nor have Crisp, Bewick, Lester... or any of the other fringe players that are being thrown out there as steak knives to the trade. Merrett at least has shown interest in a trade despite not outright declaring he wants to leave.

Mate, we're all capable of making what others consider to be "outlandish statements". But that's the fun about Big Footy. I'm still scratching my head over another poster's statement that Mitch Robinson is a gun & an a-grader!

Now I understand, I thought he meant Robinson had a gun in a grader!

Merrett to Melbourne and swap first round picks with them.

Brisbane - Gain Beams Lose Pick 2, Merrett

Collingwood - Gain Pick 2 Lose Beams

Melbourne - Gain Pick 4, Merrett Lose Pick 2.

Collingwood would have to seriously look at pick 2.
Trade Merrett out, just to move up 2 spots in the draft??? Not sure I would do that.

Nor have Crisp, Bewick, Lester... or any of the other fringe players that are being thrown out there as steak knives to the trade. Merrett at least has shown interest in a trade despite not outright declaring he wants to leave.

No issue in Crisp and Lester being mentioned as part of a direct trade with Collingwood, that makes sense. it's the Merrett to this club for this pick and that pick who send it to this club for this player and this player and that pick for that player. Likelihood of it happening is the same odds as us trading one of Rockliff, Hanley, Rich, Redden or Aish so I am not sure what value it adds?

No issue in Crisp and Lester being mentioned as part of a direct trade with Collingwood, that makes sense. it's the Merrett to this club for this pick and that pick who send it to this club for this player and this player and that pick for that player. Likelihood of it happening is the same odds as us trading one of Rockliff, Hanley, Rich, Redden or Aish so I am not sure what value it adds?
Sorry mate didn't mean to offend anyone with my hypothetical trade scenario

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Panties in a bunch much;)

I totally disagree... while I think the outcome will be our first pick + fringe player, it has been in a few places that Merrett is open to a trade. If Collingwood flat out reject our offer of first pick + fringe player, then the only way we can get the currency needed to get the deal over the line is by trading with other clubs... effectively making any trade a 3 way deal.

"Lions list manager Peter Schwab told Melbourne radio on Monday that Merrett was “exploring some options’’, but had not told the club what he wanted to do."
http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...ions-a-deal-yet/story-fnahrzm3-1227075634153#

"Lions talent acquisition manager Peter Schwab said on Tuesday that Merrett was exploring his options and the club would consider a trade "depending on what offers we get"."
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-10-01/dees-target-defenders

"A lot of interest came for Daniel and I think that sparked him a little bit," Schwab told SEN radio on Tuesday.
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-09-30/lion-looking-at-options

Why? There is a very good chance of Merrett leaving and it has also been confirmed by the club that they are looking at options

Edit- Braddsey beat me to it

I totally disagree... while I think the outcome will be our first pick + fringe player, it has been in a few places that Merrett is open to a trade. If Collingwood flat out reject our offer of first pick + fringe player, then the only way we can get the currency needed to get the deal over the line is by trading with other clubs... effectively making any trade a 3 way deal.

"Lions list manager Peter Schwab told Melbourne radio on Monday that Merrett was “exploring some options’’, but had not told the club what he wanted to do."
http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...ions-a-deal-yet/story-fnahrzm3-1227075634153#

"Lions talent acquisition manager Peter Schwab said on Tuesday that Merrett was exploring his options and the club would consider a trade "depending on what offers we get"."
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-10-01/dees-target-defenders

"A lot of interest came for Daniel and I think that sparked him a little bit," Schwab told SEN radio on Tuesday.
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-09-30/lion-looking-at-options

In other words, hypotheticals :)

OK I'll let it slide, probably me just being picky and preferring not to scroll through ten pages of scenarios that make little sense :cool:

It's not a case of offending (it doesn't), it's a case of being realistic?
I cant get Derek Hine and peter schwab on the phone right now for a definitive answer but I will endeavour to make my trade hypotheticals more realistic in the future

So we know Gold Coast and Melbourne are interested in merrett what do you think we could get for him to help with the beams trade?

Losing Patfull and Merret sounds like a recipe for disaster to me. We have plenty of talented young players, but let's not get too carried away here. We've all seen how that can end. Let them develop at their own pace, we've lost enough experienced players already.
Just from a Pies point of view I couldn't agree more....regardless of the views of my fellow posters, Heath Shaw and Harry are and were huge losses in our backline. For such a young list the Lions should do what they can to keep the experience for the next couple of years.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. We Got Him! Beams Trade Discussion (Not the Hype Thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back