List Mgmt. We Got Him! Beams Trade Discussion (Not the Hype Thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

We're still trying to get Beams to Brisbane. We're not the evil dictators that people accuse of being. After all, we did pay some pretty hefty legal fees for him in 2010!

You also can't blame us for getting the best deal we can for our 2nd best player.

Neither are fringe players. Well done on Christensen!
Where have you been all this time? Your posts make far too much sense for a Collingwood supporter- very refreshing

you're wrong dude, neither team is going to blink. They don't want him enough and we aren't desperate enough to trade him for what we consider to be unders.

If Beams really cracks it ... I think Collingwood will have no choice but to accept an offer that is about right on the market, but not much good for your current list issues.

At this point, if nothing happens with the beams trade from here I will still be happy. We still get in a star (Christensen) and we have showed some spine by not getting bullied by the pies. If beams stays next year he will surely leave after the season and even if we don't get him, if we helped him come to the decision he doesn't want to play for that s**tstain of a club then I still see it as a win.

At this point, if nothing happens with the beams trade from here I will still be happy. We still get in a star (Christensen) and we have showed some spine by not getting bullied by the pies. If beams stays next year he will surely leave after the season and even if we don't get him, if we helped him come to the decision he doesn't want to play for that s**tstain of a club then I still see it as a win.

If pick 5 ends up being part of the trade, and he's a gun ... I think everyone on both sides will be happy.

Pendlebury, Franklin, McVeigh and Boak all went at 5. But so did Jarrad Grant!
It's a lottery, and we won't know how happy we will be with our new gun for a few years yet.

Shame it's not pick 2 or 3, then Angus Brayshaw would've been in our sights. Unfortunately he will be gone by pick 5.

Will still happen I reckon. At the moment the two clubs are seeing who blinks first.
Wouldn't quite put it like that. I think Collingwood are clinging onto hope that two miraculous first rounder picks will come their way from another club. Not happening. Might just need to accept our picks and move the f*** on. Pardon the French.

Pendlebury, Franklin, McVeigh and Boak all went at 5. But so did Jarrad Grant!
It's a lottery, and we won't know how happy we will be with our new gun for a few years yet.

Shame it's not pick 2 or 3, then Angus Brayshaw would've been in our sights. Unfortunately he will be gone by pick 5.

And the man of the hour was about a 29 I think?

Who the hell knows.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The hold-up seems to be that the Lions want both Bundy & Beams, but don't quite have the capital to get it done just with draft picks.

I do wonder if the Cats would consider Crisp + 30. They're obviously losing a mid-fwd...

you're wrong dude, neither team is going to blink. They don't want him enough and we aren't desperate enough to trade him for what we consider to be unders.

Possibly right, I don't know, it's just my gut feeling about it. The 'deadline' is BS, if Brisbane rocked up with a last minute offer we liked, we wouldn't turn them away because they missed 'the deadline'.

Expecting lots of rumours next week about it all, at any rate lol.

Fair point, Taylor Walkers a free agent next year save your cash for a crack at him

I like that Sydney's giving us trade tips seeing as they are not allowed to make trades for themselves.

(In other news, Sorry that the AFL made such a bullsh*t call on not letting you follow the rules they set.)

Geeze, you must be Mr Popular on the Collingwood Board. ;)

Nice to read some reasoned convo tho. :thumbsu:

Where have you been all this time? Your posts make far too much sense for a Collingwood supporter- very refreshing

Just trying to provide some level-headed honesty in amongst the drivel (both boards).

I do chuckle at some of it, but only the clever jibes! ;)

I haven't commented on this for a while, and the reason being that the insults being thrown around is just plain stupidity from parties on both sides. It's like being back in school he started it no you started it. Anyway I'm hoping a deal can still get done and the childish comments can just stop. I don't want beams to be playing for us next year as he clearly doesn't want to be there. I think 5 and 25 is reasonable so here's hoping that the clubs can agree in the end. O and Christensen is no where near a fringe player he is a gun. Will leave it at that cheers.

The hold-up seems to be that the Lions want both Bundy & Beams, but don't quite have the capital to get it done just with draft picks.

I do wonder if the Cats would consider Crisp + 30. They're obviously losing a mid-fwd...
I reckon if we gave up 5, 25 and Crisp and the pies picked up Greenwood with 25 that they would be far better off than having Beams- period

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. We Got Him! Beams Trade Discussion (Not the Hype Thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back