List Mgmt. We Got Him! Beams Trade Discussion (Not the Hype Thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

A year in football is a LONG time. If he stays in 2015 who knows what he will be thinking at the end of the year? If Gold Coast make the finals and the lions struggle maybe he will be more open about his options and a bidding war will start
Maybe. He is always going to come to us. We have Claye on our list, plus after the way Collingwood have handled themselves and talk of the Pies wanting to unload him to the highest bidder besides Brisbane, it's not going to end well for you guys.

We're still trying to get Beams to Brisbane. We're not the evil dictators that people accuse of being. After all, we did pay some pretty hefty legal fees for him in 2010!

You also can't blame us for getting the best deal we can for our 2nd best player.

Neither are fringe players. Well done on Christensen!

Agree, RE, a deal will most likely still get done. Hard to see what the middle ground is, but perhaps something will present itself.

Beams has burnt bridges already, I think.

Maybe. He is always going to come to us. We have Claye on our list, plus after the way Collingwood have handled themselves and talk of the Pies wanting to unload him to the highest bidder besides Brisbane, it's not going to end well for you guys.

Beams wants to play finals football though, I don't think it's that certain he will go to Brisbane

Agree, RE, a deal will most likely still get done. Hard to see what the middle ground is, but perhaps something will present itself.

Beams has burnt bridges already, I think.

Sadly, yes. :(

It's a tough time for us, but we must move him on now.

Beams wants to play finals football though, I don't think it's that certain he will go to Brisbane

Finals football is irrelevant.

Didn't Beams request a trade to come to Brisbane and only Brisbane. If he wanted to play finals football he would of gone to Hawthorn. I sure they would want a midfielder like Beams to take over from Mitchell.

I agree. If it were Rockliff in the same position, I would be pretty bummed as a supporter thinking that someone who really doesn't want to be at the club was playing for us. I certainly approached the 5 young players who left last year exactly like that - if they don't want to be here, then see you later.

In some ways I actually think Beams is more valuable at Collingwood. As a Pies supporter you wouldn't be being unreasonable to feel that any compensation, no matter what it is, is not worth it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You really think on field success isn't a big part in determining where a player wants to go? Very naive.

In this situation, it's not.

Besides, Brisbane could well be contending for finals in the next few years.

Finals football is irrelevant.
Geeze, you must be Mr Popular on the Collingwood Board. ;)

Nice to read some reasoned convo tho. :thumbsu:

I agree. If it were Rockliff in the same position, I would be pretty bummed as a supporter thinking that someone who really doesn't want to be at the club was playing for us. I certainly approached the 5 young players who left last year exactly like that - if they don't want to be here, then see you later.

In some ways I actually think Beams is more valuable at Collingwood. As a Pies supporter you wouldn't be being unreasonable to feel that any compensation, no matter what it is, is not worth it.

That's precisely it. Our thinking is a ready made player or young gun like the 5 we asked about would soften the blow.
Trading our 2nd best player for a couple of picks in the lottery hurts a lot more.

Felt for you guys last year, looks like you got more out of Paine than we did of PK though. Here's hoping both have big 2015's.

You really think on field success isn't a big part in determining where a player wants to go? Very naive.
Kappa. Pot and kettle dude. Your posts have not projected that you are a bastion of football understanding, or even that understanding of basic psychology or logical reasoning for that matter.

Your contribution has been seen as adorable and nothing more.

I skipped 8 pages and we've moved to Collingwood fans giving each other cr@p on a Brisbane Lions thread... awesomesauce!
Awesome_sauce_by_goblinworkshop-d61aykm.jpg

That's precisely it. Our thinking is a ready made player or young gun like the 5 we asked about would soften the blow.
Trading our 2nd best player for a couple of picks in the lottery hurts a lot more.

Felt for you guys last year, looks like you got more out of Paine than we did of PK though. Here's hoping both have big 2015's.

If pick 5 ends up being part of the trade, and he's a gun ... I think everyone on both sides will be happy.

Kappa. Pot and kettle dude. Your posts have not projected that you are a bastion of football understanding, or even that understanding of basic psychology or logical reasoning for that matter.

Your contribution has been seen as adorable and nothing more.

Ok thanks for the update

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. We Got Him! Beams Trade Discussion (Not the Hype Thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back