We made the finals… Changes VS Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

“If it’s wet we win” geez i wish I had that sort of confidence.

We traditionally suck in the wet, we continue to overuse the handball like we do even in dry conditions which just does not work. We rely on big marks/good finishing up front and great disposal out of backline ball users and run and gun by hands through the middle. None of which works in the wet.

Would help our backline a lot though but tbf Freo aren’t going to beat us through their tall forwards (even though they did last time) they’ve got much better/more dangerous smalls at both ends of the ground than we have. And our significant advantage over them being our key forwards will be nullified

Don’t think the wet realy helps us at all

The general opinion by mainstream and social media is this game is irrevelant to the finals it is the far as the winner will go. Well maybe not especially if the cats beat the pies. If we win this one then play the pies who we beat by 48 points last time we played and then a win there could see us play the dees in a prelim. final and we also beat them last time. A lot ifs but expect the unexpected from Bevo's Bradbury Bulldogs.

“If it’s wet we win” geez i wish I had that sort of confidence.

We traditionally suck in the wet, we continue to overuse the handball like we do even in dry conditions which just does not work. We rely on big marks/good finishing up front and great disposal out of backline ball users and run and gun by hands through the middle. None of which works in the wet.

Would help our backline a lot though but tbf Freo aren’t going to beat us through their tall forwards (even though they did last time) they’ve got much better/more dangerous smalls at both ends of the ground than we have. And our significant advantage over them being our key forwards will be nullified

Don’t think the wet realy helps us at all
I should expand:

Last time in the home and away season in round 21, we smashed Freo in contested possessions 133-104, but mainly lost due to falling down up forward and the way in which Freo ran it out of our forward half at will. Now it will be a final, where it will be a far more contested scenario, along with being in the wet, which magnifies the contested aspect again. Freo had 46 more uncontested possessions than us last time. They had 140 marks to our 90. That simply doesn't happen again in the wet and in finals.

The general opinion by mainstream and social media is this game is irrevelant to the finals it is the far as the winner will go. Well maybe not especially if the cats beat the pies. If we win this one then play the pies who we beat by 48 points last time we played and then a win there could see us play the dees in a prelim. final and we also beat them last time. A lot ifs but expect the unexpected from Bevo's Bradbury Bulldogs.

Booking my grand final ticket now, cheers.

I should expand:

Last time in the home and away season in round 21, we smashed Freo in contested possessions 133-104, but mainly lost due to falling down up forward and the way in which Freo ran it out of our forward half at will. Now it will be a final, where it will be a far more contested scenario, along with being in the wet, which magnifies the contested aspect again. Freo had 46 more uncontested possessions than us last time. They had 140 marks to our 90. That simply doesn't happen again in the wet and in finals.
I get where you’re coming from and wasn’t only talking about your comment as I’ve seen it brought up a lot. But I just really don’t think we play very well in the wet even though we should - agree that Freo won’t be able to play the same game they did against us last time though

I get where you’re coming from and wasn’t only talking about your comment as I’ve seen it brought up a lot. But I just really don’t think we play very well in the wet even though we should - agree that Freo won’t be able to play the same game they did against us last time though
Freo are worse in the wet than us but for mine we aren't any better or worse but if anything slightly better as our shite forward 50 entries don't look as bad when the opposition drop the intercept marks they usually take and their forwards don't get as many sitters

You just know Bevo is going to swing some crazy different s**t & see how it goes.

Any predictions?
Keath in, Bruce out, Darcy forward.
JJ in for VDM
Khamis medi-sub

Tasty, but lacking a garnish of West
I really like West but it's JJ providing quick runa nd defensive pressure to beat the 100 UC mark game other teams have used against us late in the season.
Given the wet I'd almost be tempted to go in short and keep VDM in (or add McNeill).

I really like West but it's JJ providing quick runa nd defensive pressure to beat the 100 UC mark game other teams have used against us late in the season.
Given the wet I'd almost be tempted to go in short and keep VDM in (or add McNeill).
VDM is a massive risk with his injury history. Don't want to be a man down early. Unless West is the Sub maybe?

VDM is a massive risk with his injury history. Don't want to be a man down early. Unless West is the Sub maybe?
Perhaps a ploy - fresh legs in the second half?

BOM now saying 90% chance of 6-15 mills so wet surface seems highly likely.

Reckon Darcy will go ok in the wet because he just clunks them so cleanly.

A very tall taking 2 or 3 big clean grabs and bringing everything else to ground can make all the difference in a low scoring wet game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BOM now saying 90% chance of 6-15 mills so wet surface seems highly likely.

Reckon Darcy will go ok in the wet because he just clunks them so cleanly.

A very tall taking 2 or 3 big clean grabs and bringing everything else to ground can make all the difference in a low scoring wet game
100% agree with this, dropping Darcy cos of rain would be a huge mistake. Rain will make him way more important imo

My memory could be cooked but I seriously don't remember losing too many wet weather games under Bevo. I feel like our gameplan is better suited to wet weather footy than normal conditions.
Without any stats I feel like this is right. We tend to like a high contest, territory type of game. Getting murdered on the turnover is less likely to result in goals against in the wet.

Wet weather games I remember last year:

Second one against Melbourne. We won. When it was wet we looked dominant and when it dried up things evened out.

Final against Essendon. First half we looked shakey. Second half the rain set in and our contested crew got on top.

My memory could be cooked but I seriously don't remember losing too many wet weather games under Bevo. I feel like our gameplan is better suited to wet weather footy than normal conditions.
Thinking about it again I can definitely remember more wins than losses so could be wrong but I just vividly remember always being ****in ropable that we continuously try to overuse the ball by hand in the wet and never adapt that part of our game.

But can definitely see how our inside 50 dominance & defence would enjoy wet weather footy more

You just know Bevo is going to swing some crazy different s**t & see how it goes.

Any predictions?
Duryea Darcy Richards
Dale Naughton Crozier
Hunter Dunkley Roarke
B. Smith Cordy JJ
West Bruce Weightman

English Bont Libba

Vandermeer Macrae Treloar Daniel

Crazy enough?
Darcy back for the reach on Lobb, Naughton back to have a competent key defender, Crozier foxing all year ready to be unleashed on an unsuspecting Freo, Cordy to reprise his 2016 role as a defensive CHF on Ryan, super small forward line to prevent easy rebounds.

*I wish this was more tongue in cheek but I can see it happening.

Could West be 2022 Liam Picken

Remove this Banner Ad

We made the finals… Changes VS Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back