We should go after John Anthony

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
All Collingwood players have an inflated opinion, that's natural when you play for this mob. Other examples would be NeonLeon, HarryO & Daisy!!!! It's good for footy because by the time August hits they are well and truly spent!!!

Actually isn't he a fairly handy defender. We have quite a few good tall defenders but they all seem so frain. Austin and bower seem always injured. Thornton is not really good enough and White who is also out injured has a long way to go. I recon Anthony, if going for a decent price, would be handy when all our defenders go down with injury like they seem to do.

I'm hailing Royce Hart as the old Lachie Henderson. And I'm hailing John Anthony as the new Allen Jakovich. I'm also hailing a taxi with a bad shoulder.

If you have a shoulder reconstruction like Jack did over the preseason & start training in late Jan, your season is pretty much an uphill battle. He's kicked 80 goals from his first 39 games, if a Henderson had that type of output, you would be hailing him the next Royce Hart.

Sorry all I understood was 'Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah'. Why don't you go back to your own board and discuss how Mick is going to cost you another premiership that you werre never going to win anyway.

the guy is a spud, no doubt.

apart from fevola, who was the last person for Carlton to kick over 50 goals in a season?
How does pointing out an over-utilisation of Fevola realte to Anthony?
Anthony kicked 50 last year.
Oh......so you equate the number of goals kicked by our other key forwards in the years where Fevola was here with how good they are, and not related to the supply they get?

How embarrassing for you.

Anthony's kicked 5 goals in 4 games this year. Dropped this week. Would be lucky to crack the "teens".

Maybe we'll bump this in September, but on their averages ATM for a 22 game season:
Setanta - 10 games, 24 goals = 53
Garlett - 7 games, 14 goals = 44
Waite - 5 games, 9 goals = 40
Betts - 10 games, 17 goals = 37
Yarran - 9 games, 14 goals = 34
Houlihan - 8 games, 10 goals = 28
Murphy - 10 games, 11 goals = 24
Henderson - 8 games, 9 goals = 25

Bullants reserves was pretty close to the mark on that form.:thumbsu:

Compared to 2009:
Fev - 89
Betts - 38
Murphy - 31

2008:
Fev - 99
Fisher - 25
Betts - 25

You must think Ratts is the best coach ever! I mean to turn spuds who can't even kick 50 goals into goal kicking machines, 4 of who will kick 40 +........wow, all in one pre-season. :cool:

If you have a shoulder reconstruction like Jack did over the preseason & start training in late Jan, your season is pretty much an uphill battle. He's kicked 80 goals from his first 39 games, if a Henderson had that type of output, you would be hailing him the next Royce Hart.

Trust a Collingwood supporter to come up with excuses. lol. Fact is Anthony is a low talent, goal square type forward, who can't kick over 45m. Is poor in a contested situation, terrible defensively, and is the most non-team oriented footballer going around. Ordinary and talentless. Think Mick's understanding that now. Takes a while for the Collingwood faithful to catchup.

:)

By the time Jack was 20, he had kicked 25 goals in 9 games including 3 in a finals victory over in Adelaide. At the same point of their careers, Henderson has played 12 more goals & kicked 17 less goals.

But he is soft as butter

John Anthony makes Leon Davis look interested in chasing and tackling the opposition.

This is TRUE :eek:

Things tend to change quite quickly. This year Anthony is spuds, previous season he showed decent potential.

Third rounder and I wouldnt mind to be honest as it suits our window.

I think a deposit at the local sperm bank... thats about all I would lodge as a potential payment for someone of Anthony's quality...

A lot of hate in thread. Not the biggest fan of Anthony from an attitude perspective but the man has talent.

You bemoan his lack of tackles, but he had 50 last season. Same as Reiwoldt, Fev and Franklin, twice as much as guys like Jonathan Brown and Cam Mooney.

Wouldn't mind him for the a reasonable price. Remember the last guy we recruited from Collingwood has gone on to play 130 games for the club after struggling to get a game in a very good Collingwood side as a 22 year old.

Exactly the same position John Anthony is in. He does have his weaknesses in that he is a full forward and nothing else but he'd be worth a 2nd round pick (not sure that'd be enough in this draft, though).

id pass on Anthony. Terrible attitude would only get worse if he started kicking bags of goals.

does Jack reiwoldt interest anyone? what is his contract status?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Considering Leon is the leading FP as far as tackles go this year (6 P/G) & he had 9 against Carlton, this is an interesting observation.:thumbsu:

Enlighten us on his September average over the years. :eek:

Heck you can even use disposals as well if you want.

By the time Jack was 20, he had kicked 25 goals in 9 games including 3 in a finals victory over in Adelaide. At the same point of their careers, Henderson has played 12 more goals & kicked 17 less goals.

If you had any football knowledge, which we know you don't because you are nothing but a childish troll who changes his username because of your lack of credibility, you would know that Henderson played almost all of his games with the Lions in defence because he had a couple of champion forwards ahead of him (i.e. Brown & Bradshaw). In contrast Anthony now can't get a game ahead of a good ordinary player in Dawes.

Take your crap elsewhere, because it is not appreciated on our board.

Enlighten us on his September average over the years. :eek:

Heck you can even use disposals as well if you want.

:thumbsu::thumbsu:...

The Panther you are a **** wit, now **** off we don't want scum like you on this board, idiot go back to the shit hole of a club you follow.

Considering Leon is the leading FP as far as tackles go this year (6 P/G) & he had 9 against Carlton, this is an interesting observation.:thumbsu:

Must be because he's always following his opponent to the ball :thumbsu:

You should trade Leon to the GC - they might be fooled into giving you something decent for him.

You may actually be in luck this season. Usually Leon dominates the H & A season and falls to pieces under finals pressure. He might be doing the opposite this season.

However I'm tipping that when the going gets tough he'll be nowhere to be seen, as per usual.

Some Carlton supporters rate Anthony as better than Jack Reiwoldt. (see rd1 Richmond vs Carlton thread on tigers board for details.):eek:

I wonder if Malifice still holds that opinon? :D

he did but he is a spud according to carlton supporters i guess you wouldnt need him when you have LACHIE HENDERSON :D

I don't think too many teams would need him. He is a one-dimensional forward. He cannot take a contested mark, his ground skills are ordinary & unlike Fev, he doesn't even apply pressure to opponents & he doesn't have a lot of pace.

He had a good season last year, but then Nathan Ablett had a good season in 2007, yet is struggling at VFL level now. The fact the Magpies MC prefer Dawes to Anthony, despite his 50 goal 2009 season, says a lot about how the Magpies now rate Anthony.

Is Anthony out of contract?

GC might take him for free.

Fisher kicked 39 goals a few seasons back, so time doesn't stop for one dimensional marking forwards.

If we were to target any of Collingwood's KPP, I would target Nathan Brown, not Jack Anthony.

Brown was a Carlton fan, but re-signed with the Pies (I think) because he's Presti's heir apparent.

They can keep Ben Reid.
he did but he is a spud according to carlton supporters i guess you wouldnt need him when you have LACHIE HENDERSON :D
What's funny about Henderson?

You traded the Jack Grimes pick for Cameron Wood, yet dropped him to the VFL for Fraser and Leigh Brown.

Henderson and Dawes have kicked nine goals in 2010.

Good return for a 20 year old KPP in his first season at Carlton without a full pre-season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back