We warned them We Were Waiting

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazing how much in awe of Carlton's original ad that the Bombers management are to continue with the ".. I want to be like Carlton.." advertisements.

A others have pointed out, creating a parody of you ad campaign does not equate with wanting to be like Carlton. The really sad thing is, that post probably wasn't a troll, and you probably really do belive that.

Just for the record, I personally prefer this board with all the quirks and 'in-jokes' (maybe except for that 'metal arm' rubbish :D), however I was under the impression the admins wanted signs of derailed thread monitored. I might've been quick to jump the gun, but I'm obviously still getting the right balance between my personal opinion and what is deemed best for the boards. At the risk of doing a Jeff Kennet, 'Mod Whomb' hopefully won't be heard from very often(unless needed); I'll contribute as I normally would, and only 'step in' if absolutely needed. I agree with the sentiments about not wanting an 'over-officiated' board.
FFS whomb get on topic!

So i believe the topic was "i ****ing love this club" - i concur

I don't even know how that business all started, but I read a conversation re: metal arms and I thought it hilarious. My comment on it was removed, I presumed because I knew nothing of the joke in the first place, or becuase I was contributing to a derailment.

To some extent I agree with Lance, except that someone has to draw the line somewhere I suppose, otherwise we'd go searching for a discussion and all we'd find are barbs being traded re: metals arms and the like.

The movement has its roots in the random chat thread and started as a discussion between myself, Spikey, BtG and Dapper Don, but many posters have since joined the cause (Great Source, eth-dog, dons_fan185).

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/group.php?groupid=74

I agree, however, that some mucking around is good, but that there has to be some structure to threads etc.

Just for the record, I personally prefer this board with all the quirks and 'in-jokes' (maybe except for that 'metal arm' rubbish :D), however I was under the impression the admins wanted signs of derailed thread monitored. I might've been quick to jump the gun, but I'm obviously still getting the right balance between my personal opinion and what is deemed best for the boards. At the risk of doing a Jeff Kennet, 'Mod Whomb' hopefully won't be heard from very often(unless needed); I'll contribute as I normally would, and only 'step in' if absolutely needed. I agree with the sentiments about not wanting an 'over-officiated' board.

Sounds like a good plan. :thumbsu:

best signature ever. go bombers.

ffs Lance, stick to the ****ing topic.

I reckon you've caught Tourette's lately mate ;)

:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carlton will still finish higher on the ladder, Essendon won't play finals. :thumbsu: Thanks for giving the players the wake up call they needed.

You arrogant w***ers never learn. Just because Walls says your good, doesn't mean its true. He's been saying it for the past 10 years.

Essendon-116. Carlton-112.

We win mofo, you'll never get anywhere if you can't beat us. I'm pretty happy with knocking you doucheturds off every finals series that we come up against each other.

Carlton will still finish higher on the ladder, Essendon won't play finals. :thumbsu: Thanks for giving the players the wake up call they needed.
Yeah ok whatever:thumbsdown:
I ****ing love this club so much , that i catch the epping line train to get to the games;)

Yeah ok whatever:thumbsdown:
I ****ing love this club so much , that i catch the epping line train to get to the games;)

I drive an hour and a half each way from South Gippsland to get to the games. I win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back