We will THRASH West Coast!!

Remove this Banner Ad

One of two things could happen...

1 - West Coast could be reeling from the loss against Sydney and we could give them a shake, (we won't win, but we'll get within 5 goals)

2 - West Coast will be fired up and beat us by 300

My prediction is that we are closer to the latter...

We are winning form versus losing form :eek: .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Essendon and Richmond matches very winnable. Even Sydney at MCG we could knock off if they dont come to play.

West Coast will destroy us, but Williams could still kick a few against Glass. We will get killed in midfield. There forward line is horribly over rated and there back line is solid but isnt amazing. There midfield is why they are sooo damn good.

IF we had Mitchell, Bateman, Brown we'd be a show to get within 3-5 goals, but with our current midfield we will get blown away unfortunately. Everitt will dominate Cox but that's about it. Hopefully Crawford and Osborne both play.
I think Sewell could carve up maybe Matera in the pocket and Ozzie would destroy the useless Sampi.
Let's hope Hodgey plays awesome and Judd does nutin. hehe.
JON HAY time to stand up....against a west coast forward hack....

The outcome of our game against the West Coast could well depend on player availability come Thursday's team selections.

If Crawf, Sammy Mitchell, Campbell Brown and Michael Osborne return for the West Coast game it will not be the one sided contest some are predicting.

Forget the rough edges displayed by the Hawks against Carlton - even a top side can lose its rhythm against a struggling team. Yes, you may well say Hawthorn are certainly not a top team and are battlers too but we will not be all that bad if the afore mentioned players return and, as well, some of our up-and-comers improve game-by-game.

And West Coast were not all that impressive in Sydney and very much so when we last played them in round 7 at Launceston.

Gary Shadforth said:
The outcome of our game against the West Coast could well depend on player availability come Thursday's team selections.

If Crawf, Sammy Mitchell, Campbell Brown and Michael Osborne return for the West Coast game it will not be the one sided contest some are predicting.

Forget the rough edges displayed by the Hawks against Carlton - even a top side can lose its rhythm against a struggling team. Yes, you may well say Hawthorn are certainly not a top team and are battlers too but we will not be all that bad if the afore mentioned players return and, as well, some of our up-and-comers improve game-by-game.

And West Coast were not all that impressive in Sydney and very much so when we last played them in round 7 at Launceston.

love ur optimism gary, but if we get within 50 points i'd be happy. but i always see the glass as half empty :rolleyes:

just so hope we get that priority pick.............. the system is wrong when u cheering 2 lose games.

we've got the priority picks but i hope we do win more games, the draft aint that good this year anyway. its better to win than lose, playin for picks in a joke.

Bennycoff said:
Essendon and Richmond matches very winnable. Even Sydney at MCG we could knock off if they dont come to play.

West Coast will destroy us, but Williams could still kick a few against Glass. We will get killed in midfield. There forward line is horribly over rated and there back line is solid but isnt amazing. There midfield is why they are sooo damn good.

IF we had Mitchell, Bateman, Brown we'd be a show to get within 3-5 goals, but with our current midfield we will get blown away unfortunately. Everitt will dominate Cox but that's about it. Hopefully Crawford and Osborne both play.
I think Sewell could carve up maybe Matera in the pocket and Ozzie would destroy the useless Sampi.
JON HAY time to stand up....against a west coast forward hack....

Coxy schooled Everitt when they last met and is a shoe in for All-Australian 1st Ruck.

Bennycoff said:

JON HAY time to stand up....against a west coast forward hack

Oh well.

I dont know how you can say Everitt will carve up Cox. Coxy has beenthe standout ruckman this year and while Everitt has been good he hasnt had as good a year and big Deano. The other comments are pretty funny actually because I can actually see Matera having a good game and Sampi as well as they were both down last week. Judd needs to lift I admit that and Hodge is one to watch for sure but it would be an Awwesome match up if they got each other. Either way I think the big question will be can the Hawks play the 4 quarters on such a big ground. (against a good team, not dockers)

I do actually think it will be closer than many people are saying though.

Fraka said:
Coxy schooled Everitt when they last met and is a shoe in for All-Australian 1st Ruck.

Everitt "schooled" Jeff White on both occasions they met in 2004 (and every other time for that matter). He was a "shoe in" for the AA team, and he was hosed when they picked White ahead of him. Don't count your chickens. Those drunks who pick the AA team are capable of anything.

Adelaide Hawk said:
Everitt "schooled" Jeff White on both occasions they met in 2004 (and every other time for that matter). He was a "shoe in" for the AA team, and he was hosed when they picked White ahead of him. Don't count your chickens. Those drunks who pick the AA team are capable of anything.

Your right.....he will probably be on the bench!!

Remove this Banner Ad

We will THRASH West Coast!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back