Toast Welcome aboard Jackson Trengove

Remove this Banner Ad

Hyped. Love him down back, think he takes the guys we traditionally struggle with and releases others to play their more natural, attacking games. Slots straight into best 22 and gives us a number of attributes we're sorely missing.

Great to have you at the club, Jackson.

Settle him in defense he'll be back to his best, handy chop-out in ruck, sticks up for his teammates & has a nice touch of mongrel
All things we desperately need after what we dished up this year. Particularly the touch of mongrel.

Terrific club man at Port Adelaide and always gave the club 100 percent on and off-field.

I am sorry to see Jacko go and wish him all the best at the Bulldogs.

I'll be keeping an interested eye on your results even more now.

Hopefully we can all catch up in Ballarat.

Need serviceable talls down both ends, doesn’t look like he’s breaking the bank on that salary either. Seems like a sound decision. 4 years seems a little long though, will be 31 when he finishes that contract.
It's the way of restricted free agency - you either draw out the length or bump the salary. I think we made the right call.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Terrific club man at Port Adelaide and always gave the club 100 percent on and off-field.

I am sorry to see Jacko go and wish him all the best at the Bulldogs.

I'll be keeping an interested eye on your results even more now.

Hopefully we can all catch up in Ballarat.
And hopefully the game is a bit earlier in the season. Then again it will still be bloody cold.

And hopefully the game is a bit earlier in the season. Then again it will still be bloody cold.

One thing I learned very quickly about Ballarat. :D

Anyone who wants to know what sort of player and person Jackson Trengove is only has to read this thread and the glowing comments from all of the Port supporters.

And thanks to everyone from Port for dropping by here - it's great to see supporters who take the time to wish a former player the very best at their new club. Hopefully lots of good karma for you and Port! :thumbsu:

Just as an FYI: Jacko is a clubman through and through. Purely off the top of my head he was more than happy to come onto the BigFooty Port podcast (and spoke extremely well), got heavily involved in club activities (I recall twice on Thursday nights he'd be pouring beers behind the bar at the Port club) and he was always EXTREMELY happy for anyone to come up to him and have a chat.

He also re-signed with us in the dark years when it was all going up the shitter and clubs were in his ear about coming home. Strong motivator for others to do the same.

I love Trengove but I think this is the right move for everyone.

Jacko is a great clubman and you have got yourselves a real diamond. Jacko's best season for us was playing in the ruck when Ryder was ousted but if he doesn't fit your needs as a ruckman he is a solid key defender. I hope you resist the temptation to play him in attack as he is a dead set defender. Hinkley tried to make him into a key forward come ruckman and it did not work.

All the best Jacko.

Talia and Carlisle will become instant friends.
158251_Auto_Front_3-4_Web.JPG

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Welcome aboard Jackson Trengove

Remove this Banner Ad

Back