3.5 Marks.

Dale Morris
241 Games, 5.4 Kicks, 6.6 Handballs, 12.0 Disposals,
4.2 Marks.

Welcome on board the taller version of Dale Morris and just
as good a club man. Have not been this pumped since we
landed Travis Cloke last year for peanuts. At least his AFL
fantasy price is higher than Jake Stringers.:(

If he is such a good player and Bloke, why didn’t Port keep him?
Jacko has a 12 month old and twins on the way in January. With his family in Melbourne, the best option for him personally is relocating back to Victoria. I don't doubt that given the way he stood by the club through the worst of times, they've supported him in getting the best outcome for his personal life.

Will be sad seeing him pulling on an opposition jumper, as he's almost universally adored by Port fans. I'm sure he'll show you in the next 12 months why we all love him.

Can only echo sentiments of fellow Port fans in here. In 2011/12 when we were a basket case Jacko was one of the core group that got us back on track. Changes in game plan meant he struggled to maintain best 22 this year, but I doubt there's a single Port fan who would believe that him leaving makes our Club a better place.

Will still be following his progress and hope that he has a great year for you blokes, and helps you get all the way to second next season :D.

Jacko has a 12 month old and twins on the way in January. With his family in Melbourne, the best option for him personally is relocating back to Victoria. I don't doubt that given the way he stood by the club through the worst of times, they've supported him in getting the best outcome for his personal life.

Will be sad seeing him pulling on an opposition jumper, as he's almost universally adored by Port fans. I'm sure he'll show you in the next 12 months why we all love him.
Just a question for you Port fans ... how do you feel about the possibility of Trengove dragging Impey away with him? Would he also go with your blessings and few regrets?

Of course it's only speculation that we might chase Impey at this stage (and Hawthorn are supposed to be into him as well) but from here it seems that the Trengove move could also prise Impey away, since they are reported to be very close.

If he is such a good player and Bloke, why didn’t Port keep him?

Largely game plan evolution and his place in the side no longer being guaranteed. Was moved forward this season but his best role is tall defender and chop-out ruck. But literally he'd sell programs and cut the oranges too if that's what you wanted. Also, with a growing family of his own there was a desire to be closer to his support network in Melbourne.

There's no Port supporter feeling smug about this move, I can assure you. Check the corresponding thread on our board ;).

Last edited:
Just a question for you Port fans ... how do you feel about the possibility of Trengove dragging Impey away with him? Would he also go with your blessings and few regrets?

Of course it's only speculation that we might chase Impey at this stage (and Hawthorn are supposed to be into him as well) but from here it seems that the Trengove move could also prise Impey away, since they are reported to be very close.

Yep, they are, Jacko took Jars under his wing this year and has been a strong influence. I think the feeling on our board is that Jacko's move will likely increase the chance of Jarman also moving, but as of today he is contracted and a "required player".

Our board is a little 50/50 on Impey. He has skills, can influence a game and inject X factor, but I think it's fair to say he hasn't fit into our current structure seamlessly, and there were some moments particularly in our EF where his body language didn't sit well. Interestingly a common view is that had we played Trengove (in defence) instead of Impey, we may have gotten up, as we'd have cut off McGovern.

Don't know the Doggies well, but I wonder who Impey would replace in your current side.

Yep, they are, Jacko took Jars under his wing this year and has been a strong influence. I think the feeling on our board is that Jacko's move will likely increase the chance of Jarman also moving, but as of today he is contracted and a "required player".

Our board is a little 50/50 on Impey. He has skills, can influence a game and inject X factor, but I think it's fair to say he hasn't fit into our current structure seamlessly, and there were some moments particularly in our EF where his body language didn't sit well. Interestingly a common view is that had we played Trengove (in defence) instead of Impey, we may have gotten up, as we'd have cut off McGovern.

Don't know the Doggies well, but I wonder who Impey would replace in your current side.
Thanks. I don't know Impey all that well but if he offers pace and defensive pressure i50 that's something we lacked this year. There's a whole heap of fringe 22 players who he could replace.

What we don't really want is another ball butcher. I've read Impey's not that great with his disposal. Is that true?

A good set shot at goal would be nice as well.

Thanks. I don't know Impey all that well but if he offers pace and defensive pressure i50 that's something we lacked this year. There's a whole heap of fringe 22 players who he could replace.

What we don't really want is another ball butcher. I've read Impey's not that great with his disposal. Is that true?

A good set shot at goal would be nice as well.

Yep. Fair summary. Two out of three ain't bad ;).

Agree with Capital. Impey is 50/50 in most supporters eyes.

Looking at it critically, he has great potential, but underperformed this year. He did have a very difficult offseason last year when his father passed away and then was involved in a hit and run incident, and that probably made a big difference. 22 years old, 4 seasons in and already has played 75 game. His disposal was down this year, and overall he either stagnated or went a little bit backwards from last year.

I could go either way. I'm happy to keep him, but if the compensation is reasonable, then good luck to him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Please please please take care of him. He is a great clubman and will fly the flag for his team. Dont be suprised to see him first in a few fracas. Ive met him quite a few times hes a gentle soul and a really good person. With his leadership and experience i think he can add a lot to your team. As you can tell its something us port fans dont want to happen but has to; no one will hold a grudge against him for leaving similar to d pearce.

He is outstanding as a keyback and ruck probably needs to work on his foreard craft if your team intends to play him there but with morris and boyd gone probably need more experience in the backlines

With that being said all the best in your new colours jacko enjoy him doggies fans!

Stoked. Finally we have someone we can play on the bigger guys comfortably, and he should fit well into our game plan.

Very happy to have him.

Yep, happy for him to dominate oppo key forwards other than Charlie :D

PS One thing we always struggled with, and as a mod you have an opportunity to influence. Many of our posters, even after many seasons, struggle with typing "Trengove" and add a superfluous "r". This will probably drive your members mad too eventually ;)

Largely game plan evolution and his place in the side no longer being guaranteed. Was moved forward this season but his best role is tall defender and chop-out ruck. But literally he'd sell programs and cut the oranges too if that's what you wanted. Also, with a growing family of his own there was a desire to be closer to his support network in Melbourne.

There's no Port supporter feeling smug about this move, I can assure you. Check the corresponding thread on our board ;)
I noticed yours wasn't as salty as the Jake Lever thread on the Crows board! Obviously different circumstances though :D

I went to Port's final and West Coast really dominated the marking. Trengove could've made a big difference there :(

Yep, happy for him to dominate oppo key forwards other than Charlie :D

PS One thing we always struggled with, and as a mod you have an opportunity to influence. Many of our posters, even after many seasons, struggle with typing "Trengove" and add a superfluous "r". This will probably drive your members mad too eventually ;)

It's OK, someone had to replace Ryan "Griffin". It's been too long.

Caleb "Daniels" wasn't getting enough traction.

I noticed yours wasn't as salty as the Jake Lever thread on the Crows board! Obviously different circumstances though :D
Re Lever, yeah posts wishing serious injury on a young guy trying to get the best deal for himself, real classy that. I think softening the blow for us is that this has been on the cards for a while, when it became clear the move forward wasn't as productive as planned.

I went to Port's final and West Coast really dominated the marking. Trengove could've made a big difference there :(
We went small, but didn't execute as cleanly as needed, and didn't make the structural changes during the game to nullify their talls. Our board is split on whether Jacko would have changed the result, but in my view, if an oppo forward takes 15 marks, you have the wrong matchup.

Refreshing to finally read a civilized thread (apart from those bickering about Talia)
Nice to see supporters from two teams come together to give their best wishes and support to a player.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is like the best thread I’ve seen between two clubs supporters. Everyone talking like adults, well, except the saints guy.

I could get used to this.

A quick perusal suggests as many Port fans in here as Doggies. Speaks volumes for our feelings on the move.

(PS I think I last visited your board some years ago when you used to run very informative and lively banter threads with oppo fans, again without the dross. Do you still do that?)

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Welcome aboard Jackson Trengove

Remove this Banner Ad

Back