List Mgmt. Welcome Campbell Chesser (Pick 14, 2021 National Draft)

Remove this Banner Ad

You seem to be disinterested in proving me wrong for a guy so sure he is correct… you also seem disinterested in discussing the form of Campbell Chesser and just want to sook and moan about someone who disagrees with you
19 minutes to go in the last you’ll see Maric on the far wing. Find me Chesser in any vision leading up to Woods goal.

You’re allowed to think whatever you want of Chessers form, I think it’s incorrect and around the league you will find many young wingmen with losing production in good and bad teams.

What I don’t understand is making stuff up to lay the boots in to a young player who’s had a poor game. Just shit form.

19 minutes to go in the last you’ll see Maric on the far wing. Find me Chesser in any vision leading up to Woods goal.

You’re allowed to think whatever you want of Chessers form, I think it’s incorrect and around the league you will find many young wingmen with losing production in good and bad teams.

What I don’t understand is making stuff up to lay the boots in to a young player who’s had a poor game. Just shit form.

I’m confused now. You think players don’t come from the bench?

I don’t think I’m allowed to think what I think. I do and you chuck a tantrum where you ignore stats and talking points to go on rants

Change those goalposts clown
You are changing the goal posts. You refuse to talk about Campbell Chessers playing ability

My points are is he best 22 AFL player when others in VFL could replace him and did his game yesterday set him back are about Chesser. Your thoughts on 1 possession in his entire career probably not fantastically important

I made up that Chessers opponent got 22 possession, 8 marks and 4 goals? I made up that Angwin played last week? I made up that Sheldricks best game is better than any game Chesser played ?
But when someone pointed out that a few of those goals were scored when Chesser was off the field you denied it haha.

Why do you keep bringing up angwin playing one game?

Again I don’t care about sheldricks best game. His average game like everyone else you have mentioned is no different to Chesser. I guess if you are attracted to highlights and one offs then fair enough.

You are changing the goal posts. You refuse to talk about Campbell Chessers playing ability

My points are is he best 22 AFL player when others in VFL could replace him and did his game yesterday set him back are about Chesser. Your thoughts on 1 possession in his entire career probably not fantastically important
Once again you havnt said which VFL players can replace him lol. All you have done is mention other AFl players with the same form. Your brain is fried.

I’m confused now. You think players don’t come from the bench?

I don’t think I’m allowed to think what I think. I do and you chuck a tantrum where you ignore stats and talking points to go on rants
Find me proof then, I’ve told you where to look.

Ollie Hollands who has a similar level of experience and playing in a far better team is averaging 1 more effective disposal, the same metres gained and score involvements from 10% more game time. If a premiership contender can afford to carry that I’m sure we can give Chesser some time as a rebuilding side.

Would you agree that playing in such a poor team has an effect on outside mids?

How many disposals are we expecting Chesser to actually get in that last quarter where we spent 70% of the time we had possession bombing it down the opposite wing?

But when someone pointed out that a few of those goals were scored when Chesser was off the field you denied it haha.

Why do you keep bringing up angwin playing one game?

Again I don’t care about sheldricks best game. His average game like everyone else you have mentioned is no different to Chesser. I guess if you are attracted to highlights and one offs then fair enough.
I’m attracted to long standing performances. I’m not cherry picking anything really. I think out of the last 5 games he had 3 terrible ones, 1 acceptable and 1good game vs Crows where I did like his defensive running

Yesterday thought he was absolutely putrid. It is a big step back. You can’t ignore the bad to only look at the good. A player is judged over a long period of games not what he did for 15 seconds or even what he did for 1 week

I’m attracted to long standing performances. I’m not cherry picking anything really. I think out of the last 5 games he had 3 terrible ones, 1 acceptable and 1good game vs Crows where I did like his defensive running

Yesterday thought he was absolutely putrid. It is a big step back. You can’t ignore the bad to only look at the good. A player is judged over a long period of games not what he did for 15 seconds or even what he did for 1 week
Yeah and looking at a long period of games his average performance is no different to the players you have mentioned. Pretty straight forward stuff.

In fact it’s better than a few you have mentioned so thanks for helping me out by providing evidence against yourself.

Find me proof then, I’ve told you where to look.

Ollie Hollands who has a similar level of experience and playing in a far better team is averaging 1 more effective disposal, the same metres gained and score involvements from 10% more game time. If a premiership contender can afford to carry that I’m sure we can give Chesser some time as a rebuilding side.

Would you agree that playing in such a poor team has an effect on outside mids?

How many disposals are we expecting Chesser to actually get in that last quarter where we spent 70% of the time we had possession bombing it down the opposite wing?
I told you where to find proof too.?

Hollands isn’t a guy I’m in love with. I’d say his brother is superior.

I’m not sure how much playing in a bad team as a winger matters. It’s more than that. I’d say tactics matter a ton. St Kilda put Wood in position to take marks for example and used him as a target. So coaching is a factor also. My concern with Chesser is more the defensive side of his game, specifically around aerial ability and following his oppponent. His low stats concern me less then those 2 things for example

I mean let’s ignore disposals. Do you think Chesser covers enough kms, is good enough aerially ajd tracks his opponents well enough when they run forward.

I told you where to find proof too.?

Hollands isn’t a guy I’m in love with. I’d say his brother is superior.

I’m not sure how much playing in a bad team as a winger matters. It’s more than that. My concern with Chesser is more the defensive side of his game, specifically around aerial ability and following his oppponent. His low stats concern me less then those 2 things for example

I mean let’s ignore disposals. Do you think Chesser covers enough kms, is good enough aerially ajd tracks his opponents well enough when they run forward.
You think it’s more logical for me to clip the two minutes leading up to the goal he wasn’t on the ground as evidence as opposed to you finding just one frame that he is.

Do I think the guy that covered the second most kms in the game and has had comfortably the fastest speed in defence this round is a poor defensive runner?

Interesting take

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Holy ****, Campbell Chesser is not worth this many posts on a Sunday morning. Everyone take a breath and do something with your weekend.

He’s not starring, that’s not up for debate. He’s not the main reason we’re winning, losing or drawing though either, a bizarre stance. He’s a cog in a pretty average machine that might make it and might not, and yes shockingly there are other players in footy who are better than him. He’s improved this year but doesn’t yet look like a lock for a long AFL career. All of these things can be true at once.

Take a breath people.

You think it’s more logical for me to clip the two minutes leading up to the goal he wasn’t on the ground as evidence as opposed to you finding just one frame that he is.

Do I think the guy that covered the second most kms in the game and has had comfortably the fastest speed in defence this round is a poor defensive runner?

Interesting take
Yes grabbing a stat on what position he plays does actually matter

Yes I do

He tracks no one and does not impact the contest. He is a winger. Hard to be one and not be top 5 kms for your team . Even if you say he works hard. He just doesn't impact the contest aerially, does not track his opponent (which is a footy smarts issue) and is not a guy who is helping our defenders in the contest .

This can be seen on the replay of yours

Holy ****, Campbell Chesser is not worth this many posts on a Sunday morning. Everyone take a breath and do something with your weekend.

He’s not starring, that’s not up for debate. He’s not the main reason we’re winning, losing or drawing though either, a bizarre stance. He’s a cog in a pretty average machine that might make it and might not, and yes shockingly there are other players in footy who are better than him. He’s improved this year but doesn’t yet look like a lock for a long AFL career. All of these things can be true at once.

Take a breath people.
I don't disagree. I don't think he is a winger firstly. Let's put him in the WAFL and see how he goes inside the contest...

Not willing to delist. Many ahead but the wing experiment should end

This can also be true too

Take a breath people.
That's not how this works!!
He's either the greatest or worst AFL wing to have ever existed depending on who in this thread you listen to

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Welcome Campbell Chesser (Pick 14, 2021 National Draft)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back